rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

[i'm not sure what the Blue parts are, any Ideas?

Supressor/Handguard

I assume flashlight would go in the blank space.

• Like 1

Some points I am concerned a bit about in the game so far (I have onlky seen bits, yes I know). Does the grass still only render for 80 meters? Because that will be the single-most rewarding feature that promotes sniping, like it is in the mod! A solution may be to have grass render if someone looks through a sight with zoom, and render it only centered at the point he aims at...though I have no idea if there is an actual possibility to add this at all or at least without frame-drops from hell.

Check this topic about the issue and pray. We don't need real grass to render in the distance to kill our machines. It needs to be implemented in other way.

• Like 1

Check this topic about the issue and pray. We don't need real grass to render in the distance to kill our machines. It needs to be implemented in other way.

holy i could kiss you! i was looking weeks for this link!...you had sex recently?

Death threats to somebody that makes games is a bit OTT… even if it’s by Keyboard Rambo’s. In the UK your toast if you do the like today as they simply track you down and they do actually do it. One poor guy threatened to blow up an airport that had closed for snow months back joking from his office as he could not fly out to visit his Girlfriend. A few days later guys all over him at work with the print out.

Great you take them in good spirit all the same, god luck in the Lambo dream.

holy i could kiss you! i was looking weeks for this link!...you had sex recently?

I don't know how to response this

XWIYNQy.gif

I don't know how to response this

XWIYNQy.gif

with love, unconditional love!

• Like 1

In devblog rocket misspelled Dslyecxi's name. That is no way to thank a person. I hope someone will take the time to correct it ;)

In devblog rocket misspelled Dslyecxi's name. That is no way to thank a person. I hope someone will take the time to correct it ;)

When did he mention him ?

yeah? is being gay in here something to giggle about? something to point out? i hope every question answered with yes is due to immaturity.

edit: back to topic - we need a dodgeing button/animation to create more authenticity and tension in extreme situations

Edited by joe_mcentire

yeah? is being gay in here something to giggle about? something to point out? i hope every question answered with yes is due to immaturity.

edit: back to topic - we need a dodgeing button/animation to create more authenticity and tension in extreme situations

I don't think there should be a dodge button, more a chance to 'dodge' bullets to take less damage from them, and maybe a parry with melee weapons if you both melee at the same time.

A doge feature like the one in Battlefront 2 would be cool.

yeah? is being gay in here something to giggle about? something to point out?

Yes.

Take your homosex to a forum that wants it.

My good sir.

Luanne.

Regards.

We need to consolidate the controls for unarmed melee

we all loved dead islands roflstomp, now its official Dayz is getting a new ultimate attack, soon we shall be cockpunching zombies* to death 

*and everyone else for the lulz

Yes.

My good sir.

Luanne.

Regards.

last time ot: sad, sad indeed

There's nothing new in this video. Leaping zombies and more of what you've already been saying.

last time ot: sad, sad indeed

Noo. I never that I did that, you liar. You're a liar! Noo. I never did.

There's nothing new in this video. Leaping zombies and more of what you've already been saying.

So we have been kept well informed about intended features, is that what you are saying?

I think the point of the devblogs are to show how far the game has progressed, not to showcase new things.

• Like 1

Wounding system

Attachment system working

Hostage animations

Items taking more than one slot

At least those are new from the last videos and ofcourse Dean might have already said that those are in but he hasn't showcased them just like Max said...

I'm sure you know as well as anyone that the majority of the changes made during the pre-alpha development stages are functionality and backend stuff that we'll never see.. Had they focused on superficial crap you'd be the first to complain when the alpha is released and nothing works.

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 2

I'm sure you know as well as anyone that the majority of the changes made during the pre-alpha development stages are functionality and backend stuff that we'll never see.. Had they focused on superficial crap you'd be the first to complain when the alpha is released and nothing works.

I dont understand those kiddies.. To me the game looks amazing so far.. c.c It is (imo) even now far and far better than the current mod we have lol

Yes.

My good sir.

Luanne.

Regards.

No.

No "casual" anti gay rhetoric.

L

• Like 4