rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

i hope they just license the real audio track for launch instead of trying to mimic it. 

fantastic audio track. 

am i wrong? wasn't there a brief moment in the devblg where stamina was indicated?

edit: a right..

Edited by joe_mcentire

am i wrong? wasn't there a brief moment in the devblg where stamina was indicated?

You are correct, "you feel tired".

• Like 1

It looks like garbage, even mod looks way better.

I'm actually kinda happy thay they didn't released it earlier because i would probably sink money in it, now i know i wont.

Will actually wait for some decent Arma 3 mods.

Peace and gl waiting for it another 3 months. ;)

is this you Rhinowhino...??...or Sergej ??

Uh oh

I'm currently re-evaluating the usefulness of devblogs (written or otherwise).

I enjoyed my weekend far more when I stopped doing anything about the devblog/reading comments, and instead focused on developing the game. It also felt more productive.

what?! doing a devblog is not more productive than working on the game?! ..you don't say.. ;)

now we really..i'm sorry, reddit, youtube and twitter really pissed rocket off :P

edit:

well i guess Matt...ahh Liz must be more than a personal slave and waterboy to the team, promote him and let him...her do devblogs! YAY!!!

Edited by joe_mcentire

IMHO less devblogs but faster development is a plus because when the game is released there will be more for the player to explore and figure out themselves rather than seeing it through a devblog and knowing it from the start. Also the game gets released faster :)

I dunno though, The dev blog didn't look that hard to do or take up much time tbh... Just play around for 10 mins explaining whats been fixed etc simple really hehe

I bet they do that every day ;-)

Edited by WilkoZ

IMHO less devblogs but faster development is a plus because when the game is released there will be more for the player to explore and figure out themselves rather than seeing it through a devblog and knowing it from the start. Also the game gets released faster :)

tbh one devblog in 2 months or more can't be a serious issue in terms of progress... that is straight-out hilarious to say. i think it is good to know some bits and pieces every now and then. it keeps ppl entertained a bit and provides us material to talk and discuss in here and it can also lead to good and nice suggestions again.

example:

Dean stated that conumsables could be rationed into several smaller parts in the SA but he also said that at times consuming gets very annoying. there you go: you get a little info, can discuss it and even bring up improvements and tweaks for the existing build.

Edited by joe_mcentire

A couple of hrs at most, plus the upload time... They could do that once a week! 

I think it was pretty obvious that he didn't even want to do the last dev blog and only did it at the last minute because he saw all the hate he got for once again recanting on something he previously said.

I think it was pretty obvious that he didn't even want to do the last dev blog and only did it at the last minute because he saw all the hate he got for once again recanting on something he previously said.

and this is the real reason i think. he doesn't know how to communicate his progress or state of affairs to the ppl without being offended, cursed, accused, misunderstood, misinterprated etc...i think this baffles and bugs him a bit.

Edited by joe_mcentire

I'd be happy if nothing else was shown until release.  I already think there's actually too much information out there about it, more than most games at this stage.  Also, it'd be nice to actually have some surprises for people.

I don't mean he should stop all communication, tweeting how it's going etc is cool, just the full-on devblogs.  They take time andmost people seem to completely ignore the information within them or use it at a later date to try and stitch him up.  For me the cons just seem to outweigh the pros.

• Like 6

Thats true, but I'm sure hes grown up enough to take it on the chin,,, Its the internet after all ;-)

I'd be happy if nothing else was shown until release.  I already think there's actually too much information out there about it, more than most games at this stage.  Also, it'd be nice to actually have some surprises for people.

I don't mean he should stop all communication, tweeting how it's going etc is cool, just the full-on devblogs.  They take time andmost people seem to completely ignore the information within them or use it at a later date to try and stitch him up.  For me the cons just seem to outweigh the pros.

you have no powe.....ooops... :blush:

Thats true, but I'm sure hes grown up enough to take it on the chin,,, Its the internet after all ;-)

well i think although it is "just the internet" it DOES matter if you are confronted by some in a forum or by hundreds or thousands on every www platform you operate. i imagine this is not so easy to cope with.

Edited by joe_mcentire

well concerning rockets post in reddit about the worth of devblogs I think he should focus on his weekends.  what he does is up to him.  But would you be ok with monthly dev blogs again?  

• Like 1

What? who said Fraggle and Lok? they should do the Dev-Blog?! What??!

kbfR2Mo.jpg?2

c4XUC6c.jpg?1

kbfR2Mo.jpg?2

Edited by joe_mcentire

well concerning rockets post in reddit about the worth of devblogs I think he should focus on his weekends.  what he does is up to him.  But would you be ok with monthly dev blogs again?  

I would be fine with a blog (play through) once a week or month,, I am sure others would too, Dean just needs to NOT let criticism get to him. Every game dev goes through the same grief... If there was silence then he would have something to worry about as no one would be remotely interested in DayZ SA.. Fans good or bad is a sale and that's a win in my book... :-)

Edit //  Rule number one - you can't please every one ;-) 

Edited by WilkoZ

I would be fine with a blog (play through) once a week or month,, I am sure others would too, Dean just needs to NOT let criticism get to him. Every game dev goes through the same grief... If there was silence then he would have something to worry about as no one would be remotely interested in DayZ SA.. Fans good or bad is a sale and that's a win in my book... :-)

Edit //  Rule number one - you can't please every one ;-) 

rule number 2 its part of the job.

Dean just needs to NOT let criticism get to him.

WRONG!

he needs to NOT let insults/accusations/etc. get to him

but how could you do that? well i don't know.

Edited by joe_mcentire

I like the devblogs :(

• Like 2

WRONG!

he needs to NOT let insults/accusations/etc. get to him

but how could you do that? well i don't know.

U simply ignor it or rise above it, unfortunately its part of life..