SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

Rocket,

What are the specs of the machines you use at BI to develop Arma and DayZ?

Damn, we do need that information.

Damn, we do need that information.

Well im just curious :D

Edited by nicefish

Well im just curious :D

Nono im serious, i have a gaming pc but knowing the lowest specs, you can kind of predict how is gonna run on a high end system. Also my cousin is getting a gaming pc with not so much potential so i wanna know.

Now that you're here Rocket, can you please tell me if the alpha SA going to have mod like behavior? Particularly zombie clipping through walls, doors opening and moving the player? You know, the typical things that are limitations of the engine and cannot be fixed in the mod but people expect to be fixed in SA?

Nono im serious, i have a gaming pc but knowing the lowest specs, you can kind of predict how is gonna run on a high end system. Also my cousin is getting a gaming pc with not so much potential so i wanna know.

Im sure they will release the system requirements :D

Rocket,

1 more questiuon if I may

Will DayZ SA still have this when you die?

You are dead :D

Edited by nicefish

me, I never buy alpha games, is buggy and 50% of game is not ready.

Is good for test games mistake and for fix but I want to play only full game with everything new and complete. Not to be bored with it before is ready.

I wait 1 more year is no problem for me. B)

This way I only experiencing the best of the games.

My friend say why buy something like a house but no roof or fridge for beer till next year. He right again :thumbsup:

You buy a house with no roof or fridge because then you have input to which type of roof is put onto it and which fridge and where it goes ;)

Last of Us delay's half a year, best game created...

DayZ Delay's half a year and a month, takes top spot :beans:

GTA5 delays 2 years.

Most people watched E3 and thought Fuck me if you go on one more time about fucking idiotic Motor bike Helmets Rocket you will be choked to death. Next we get Matt posting ( guess you gotta give him something to do ) about getting people to create Radio Stations.....ohhhhh dear.

People get misinformation and are confused about what is and what isnt true . WHY ??? Because Rocket chooses to use Reddit and Twitter to Post every thought that comes into his head and rarely if ever now Posts in the Forum, hence people getting confused with news and information.

Rocket said himself just recently he's probably not the best person to be leading the Development of this Game , and I agree with him. Get someone to run Production and Development that has the necessary qualifications and allow Rocket to experiment and test his Ideas.

This Game isnt going to be out until the end of the Year from what I can see, so get used to it fellas. Expect the same as you've got from day one sketchy , random and irregular information. Dont bother answering here I'm with the others on Reddit blurting out every thought I have in my head and debating everyone that disagrees with me , no hang on thats not me thats Rocket :D

Edit : Note I'm quite happy with the development time, just disapointed with the lack of information that was promised

Edited by YZ250

.................This Game isnt going to be out until the end of the Year ...........................

At least the December date will be right then.

• Like 10

Happy to wait as long as it takes

It's not like we don't have the Mod to play whilst we wait

Keep up the good work Rocket, Dev Team and Forum staff

Ladies and gentleman, today is a special day. Rocket is posting on this forum the first time since 3 weeks. Something is going on guys! I just don't know if it's good or bad. We will see soon I guess. :)

Ladies and gentleman, today is a special day. Rocket is posting on this forum the first time since 3 weeks. Something is going on guys! I just don't know if it's good or bad. We will see soon I guess. :)

yeah mate thats always happened then he just goes back to Reddit and twitter however I reckon you could be on to something

Eh, I think people should just be patient. The same people that are whinging now about broken deadlines and release dates are the same people that would whinge about the quality of the game if it were to be rushed out before it's ready.

Eh, I think people should just be patient. The same people that are whinging now about broken deadlines and release dates are the same people that would whinge about the quality of the game if it were to be rushed out before it's ready.

Dont assume they are . Those people are people that in most cases have been here since the begining.

Its like saying The same people that post about others winging about broken deadlines and release dates, are the same people that part their hair to the right. SEE both make no fcking sense

Hey I got this song again for you. This time There's lyrics hitting the theme:

Don't do e-sports, can't get frags

It seems like such an unfair world

My friends play online WoW

We are the ones that people call geeks

Chorus:

I'm going to sit here and whine

I'm going to whine about how DayZ stinks

I'm going to whine all day long

I'm going to sit here and whine

I'm going to whine about how DayZ stinks

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

We sit around, complain

Whining away all about DayZ

Just don't like anything

I'm just too anal-retentive

Chorus

I'm just an object of pity

Why can't DayZ change to fit me

Maybe I wouldn't be an outcast

If I'd drop the attitude at last

Chorusx2

Whine for me you bitch

But I'm being patient! A mental patient! :D

why when I read rocket posts i'm doing it with a new zealand accent ?

Hey I got this song again for you. This time There's lyrics hitting the theme:

Guess its funny in Finnish, In English sounds like you need a Life >:(

Edited by YZ250

Wait, did I just see G000gle last page?

Edited by Hosty
  • Like 1

SmashT thank you for all the intel that you're given us on this forum. I don't have to look everywhere to get information.

Dayz and Arma 3 development needs time to be polished so don't rush it.

Guess its funny in Finnish, In English sounds like you need a Life >:(

That song is suppose to describe the DayZ whiners that there are other games to play if you don't like the alpha state and maybe dropping that whining state you could enjoy the game. Original is that you should do something other than sit and whine to get a life.

/It'is pointed for whiners.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I think its about time. Its an alpha release. no one expects the game to be finished or "GOOD". I think with trying to release an alpha that is uber "GOOD", you guys just push expectations to a new high. Instead you should relase the alpha and be honest about its flaws. no one will turn away etc, but everyone will be happily playing it and finding bugs etc. - this could also speed up the dev process.

I only see ONE possibility that might cause the delay and that would be if the announced architecture change was not ready yet. Could this be the case ?

Edited by nebelwerfer

I'd be happy to wait for as long as needed, one of the reasons being I can't afford a game right now! lol