SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

Maybe he is afraid of bad publicity.

I think this is the reason we haven't had an alpha release yet. He's afraid he is going to get hate on the level of the WarZ because they have been working on the game for close to a year and it's lacking things the mod currently has as well as still having bugs from the mod.

I think this is the reason we haven't had an alpha release yet. He's afraid he is going to get hate on the level of the WarZ because they have been working on the game for close to a year and it's lacking things the mod currently has as well as still having bugs from the mod.

They already totally cut out vehicles from the initial release as currently it looks half ass. There is no proper physics model to deal with it...

You have a bunch of bored teenagers during the summer who would rather complain about not getting their game before school starts than actually going outside and enjoying the already half-over summer.

Time to wake up people, it doesn't get any easier as you get older, when you don't get mandatory 3 month breaks. Stop bitching, and go be doing something productive/entertaining while you wait.

/rant

I am doing something productive, I'm making an Android app :D

Can I have beans now please?

Edited by MOS182
  • Like 5

They already totally cut out vehicles from the initial release as currently it looks half ass. There is no proper physics model to deal with it...

Where do you get this stuff from? It's all wrong...

• Like 2

I am doing something productive, I'm making an Android app :D

Can I have beans now please?

Take it and run!

• Like 1

I think at this point people are getting misconstrued facts from other people who are distorting information a wee bit much.

• Like 1

More zombies, zombies run indoors, 95% enterable buildings, weapon attachments, customised clothing, massive enterable shipwreck.........

You are hard to impress. How about this?

9qk95h.jpg

OK I got things to do for another month or so...

It's playable when it's not completely broken. We've barely been able to test it for the last week due to a game-breaking glitch.

Honestly, all I needed to hear in terms of how the alpha is going at the moment. Not that that's a bad thing, glad to hear it's being adressed. I'm all for those simple explanations of what's happening in terms of deveopment and the holdup of any public release. Generally people would be less upset if there was a good reason for it, I figure.

I think at this point people are getting misconstrued facts from other people who are distorting information a wee bit much.

That's what you get when there is no communication from Rocket to the community. I'm not saying he is obligated to do so but in the beginning there was a lot of communication.

• Like 2

didn't they say they really needed feedback, and that all they needed to get done was the server architecture so hacking stopped? and didn't rocket say they had that done and dusted? so weres *************************************????

didn't they say they really needed feedback, and that all they needed to get done was the server architecture so hacking stopped? and didn't rocket say they had that done and dusted? so weres *************************************????

Your avatar is out of date :)

Make event handlers for the zombies is one thing but I believe there's some more that I don't remember.

The thing is those are hidden in the Reddit or Twitter mostly and that's why people need devblogs.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

The thing is those are hidden in the Reddit or Twitter mostly and that's why people need devblogs.

Agreed. Might as well post the updates in /b/.

Yeah, I want the game to be good too, but I don't like it being delayed for so long because history will tell us that that's almost never a good thing. I can think of many titles that bombed over the years in similar circumstances and I can't think of any positive examples. So yeah, on one hand there's rushing it and on the other there is delaying it for over 6 months.

Those "many titles"... I will bet most if not all bombed because they were crap. Hype may get you fast out the gate. Quality will keep you in the race.

By good for alpha, I mean:

When you play a good alpha, you say to yourself 'wow, this is going to be a great game!'

It needs that, it needs to have enough "oompf" that you can see the game and where it is going.

http://www.reddit.co...z9mj3?context=3

The point is... it's not the game isn't perfect it is that it just doesn't work. for example it flat-out broke with the removal of legacy weapons on friday... that I only just got fixed today (it's midnight wednesday now). The issue is not that it isn't perfect.... it's that it is not even alpha yet. But it's certainly shaping up towards it, and it's at like mach 2 in terms of development now.

http://www.reddit.co...z9sdw?context=3

Edited by SmashT

Really? How is the whole vehicle stuff in the mod now? Not exactly GTA is it? The game doesn't know what to do with things you run over, there are no animations and zombies fly standing all over the place and its just a big mess. Do you really believe that they are being cut out in order to bring customization later or because they haven't actually done anything with them yet?

Really? How is the whole vehicle stuff in the mod now? Not exactly GTA is it? The game doesn't know what to do with things you run over, there are no animations and zombies fly standing all over the place and its just a big mess. Do you really believe that they are being cut out in order to bring customization later or because they haven't actually done anything with them yet?

You're talking about individual features like vehicles now? It's alpha. As stated above, they're trying to get rid of some game breaking bugs. Fuck vehicles. They're the last thing on my mind for an alpha release.

You have gone from being critical about the release to being critical about the game itself. No one is forcing you to stay if you really don't like it and have no faith in it. What is the point you're trying to make? That the game is going to suck and that the development team is incompetent? Fine. Everyone is quite excited that you feel that way.

• Like 1

2mq2tyv.jpg

You're talking about individual features like vehicles now? It's alpha. As stated above, they're trying to get rid of some game breaking bugs. Fuck vehicles. They're the last thing on my mind for an alpha release.

That's funny, since they are in the mod which is also alpha, and a mod.

Edited by intensity
  • Like 1

I was refering to the fact you said it would be released without vehicles. Nothing has been confirmed. The latest info was that they may port the vehicles in as they are now and then remove/swap them later when they get overhauled to allow for customisation etc.

If you're expecting them to handle like they do in GTA then you're setting yourself up for disapointment. That's one of the biggest games in the world with a massive focus on driving :/. The carpets for the new interiors probably won't look as good as The Sims either.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

DayZ is a game with so much potential and it has such a great concept ... but it seems Bohemia is just lacking good programmers. There should be (should have been) enough money in the standalone to hire some more and better staff.

I do not care when it is released, i got my money ready and when it comes out im gonna buy it, i just had little hopes that will come out in the summer, and still have. On the other side tho, are we really moving to reddit? god please no...