grimsonfart

What you guys think about the new update?

What do you mean "you guys"? I am just saying that the less loot spawn chance, the better. It's a matter of opinion. I don't even know why you brought hyperbole into this.

The abundance of food in game does not create food anxiety. That is something they should aim for imo. Right now we don't really need to carry anything. Like good little humans we grab practically all the food we see or eat most of it on the spot for health.

Eating food < is the main key for now.

Ok, I just wanted to link these three posts right here, just these three. Are you people playing the same game the rest of us are? Are you playing servers with more then 20 people on them? If you say you are playing on servers with more then 20 people then I have to say you're full of shit or EXTREMELY lucky or you have a camp you're restocking off of.

Someone actually said that there needs to be less ammo in the game then there currently is. You know what's funny? I'm not finding any damn ammo, period. I have checked everywhere in a reasonable area for mags for my L85, and I have found 2 SD mags. Read that again so I don't lose you, 2 Silenced magazines. This is without going to the airfields where yes, of course, I will find mags there but i'm proving a point. I loot farmed the Komarov industrial (which usually yields good ammo believe it or not) and I got a lot of DMR magazines. Nothing for assault rifles, but a lot of 249 belts, 240 belts, and DMR magazines and some random pistol ammo. I spent four hours loot piling this stuff and getting rid of the trash on zombie bodies so it wouldn't overload the area and stop spawning. You're trying to tell me that the ammo counts need to be lower? The majority of ammo i've seen have been for things like MP5's which there seems to be a ton of, but the rifle on the other hand doesn't want to come out to play.

Now on a side note, I have seen at least twenty two DMR's since this patch dropped. Every single time I go to a high end military spawn I more times then not find a DMR laying there without magazines which aren't a problem to come up with. Basic supplies like food and bandages come off of zombies but other then that there's really fuck all out there for loot.

One of the most stupid posts i've seen in this thread was from the guy telling people "Just prone everywhere, zombies won't aggro". Yes they do. They aggro when you slow walk, they aggro when you prone, they aggro on rock, grass, whatever. They aggro, if the zombies has a clear LOS to you and is facing in your direction he is probably gonna aggro you.

Some of you people need to play the patch before you come here and post this retarded nonsense. The ones who have their heads in the sand are MORE THEN LIKELY the people playing on the servers with pops of 6 or 7 people. Of course there's going to be loot, there's nobody on the damn server. So, what, were supposed to play on servers with less then 10 people? Another personal favorite of mine was a guy who said "Avoid zombies and you do fine!"

......really?

Just, really?

• Like 1

Mine was obviously an opinion. I think that the less chance of rare items to spawn, the better.

• Like 2

Mine was obviously an opinion. I think that the less chance of rare items to spawn, the better.

I agree. On a 50 person server i still managed to find a Dmr, m14, nvgs, rangefinder etc. Loot needs to be rarer.

Edited by Zecele
  • Like 1

I agree. On a 50 person server i still manged to find a Dmr, m14, nvgs, rangefinder etc. Loot needs to be rarer.

May I ask, where did you find the NVGs?

Given the fact where they spawn, how often and how incredible difficult they are to find in dense grass, chances are good that you are talking nonsense.

Edited by Ken Bean

Heli crash

How many heli crashes you searched? Whats with alle the grass and the distances the loot piles spawn away?

I searched a lot and I still think, you either have xray eyes or you are the luckies bastard alive. Note that you not only claimed to have found one NVG, no, you even spoke in plural.

Edited by Ken Bean

How many heli crashes you searched? Whats with alle the grass and the distances the loot piles spawn away?

Didn't specifically go looking for it just happened to find one near berezino that had nvgs.

I think the new update is for the better.. loot is more rare (as it should be) and zombies are a threat again

the only thing that needs to change is player mentality

Didn't specifically go looking for it just happened to find one near berezino that had nvgs.

Hey, tell you what? I found yesterday 2 NVGs. Not on a heli crash (searched really a lot), but on a survivor I found dead in a town. Since I know how easily they can be lost and since I know how hard they are to come by, even worse with 1.7.7, I would never go into the forum and demand "The loot should be much rarer." only because I had a lucky day. What do you guys want? That noone ever will find NVG again? Are you then happy?

Edited by Ken Bean

Um.. okay.

Loot pre-1.7.7 was far too easy to get and anyone who has been playing for longer than a month could knock out a decent setup within a couple of hours. Now, it's harder to find and you don't walk away with everything you need to mindlessly pvp after an hours worth of searching. This isn't a bad thing. Food is still too easy to find but it's getting better. I had no issues with zombies aggroing for no reason and the boost in stealth gameplay is very welcome.

• Like 1

Um.. okay.

Loot pre-1.7.7 was far too easy to get and anyone who has been playing for longer than a month could knock out a decent setup within a couple of hours. Now, it's harder to find and you don't walk away with everything you need to mindlessly pvp after an hours worth of searching. This isn't a bad thing. Food is still too easy to find but it's getting better. I had no issues with zombies aggroing for no reason and the boost in stealth gameplay is very welcome.

True, but get go on a private hive which is rather vanilla and where you not own a base, just try to survive.

You'll find loot, but I had 6 trials until I got the basic equipment for surviving (hatchet, matches, knive) and was still missing a water bottle. Then I got infected and what ever you do, if you don't find Antibiotics (very likely), you'll just die soon, as I did 5 times before.

If you are playing a character which is "settled", it is still a threat, but it can be dealt with, since you dont need to let them close.

In melee fights, you have no chance without getting infected. Zeds are too fast, they run around you as you try to hit. It's like they are faster than you and can better hit. The same time, you can be infected within 3 hits. Taken this together, you not really have a chance. Maybe you can outsneak them, but who has the patience? They are everywhere.

Edited by Ken Bean

True, but get go on a private hive which is rather vanilla and where you not own a base, just try to survive.

You'll find loot, but I had 6 trials until I got the basic equipment for surviving (hatchet, matches, knive) and was still missing a water bottle. Then I got infected and what ever you do, if you don't find Antibiotics (very likely), youu'll just die soon, as I did 5 times before.

That's pretty much what I did. I hopped onto a server running 1.7.7 as a test before bringing them to the rest of the servers of the community I belong to. I left Elektro with some basics and an Enfield. The infection rate is high but apparently there are other ways to avoid infection than treating it when it happens unless I misread R4Z0Rs post. I'm looking forward to testing that. Either way, dying is no big deal as I've always thought the most fun was surviving the early stages of the game. Sitting on top of a tower or hill waiting for poorly geared players to stumble by is not fun in my opinion. Neither is deathmatching in the cities. If I wanted to deathmatch I'd fire up a game that does that well.

Dying often is what DayZ was before we all learned how to game the zombies and started shooting at each other exclusively. Now, we're dying again and people are upset they're no longer playing a sandbox shooter with massive tells to help them spot enemies. Before this patch zombies served only as a tell tale sign that players were in the area or help spot their exact location by watching zombies run right to them. Might as well have huge arrows over everyone's heads. Now they hurt, and that's a good thing.

The only actual suggestion i have would be to add random medical stations (similar to crash sites but medical tents/camps) where players will be more likely to find medical supplies away from the coast.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Dying often is what DayZ was before we all learned how to game the zombies and started shooting at each other exclusively. Now, we're dying again and people are upset they're no longer playing a sandbox shooter with massive tales to help them spot enemies. Before this patch zombies served only as a tell tale sign that players were in the area or help spot their exact location by watching zombies run right to them. Might as well have huge arrows over everyone's heads. Now they hurt, and that's a good thing.

The only actual suggestion i have would be to add random medical stations (similar to crash sites but medical tents/camps) where players will be more likely to find medical supplies away from the coast.

That's true, but with 1.7.7 it shifted to another death match, now the infecting Zeds are the true killer. A survival game should give you a chance to survive. People will lose interest in a survival game which doesn't let you survive.

In my opinion Zeds should be nerfed a bit down, since they are too many and in certain points better than you. The melee system now is pretty much on a point where you don't stand a chance in the long run. 3 hits can be enough to sign your death sentence.

Zeds are faster than you, can walk through walls and certain fances and they seem to be able to look through walls as well. The only thing that might save you is to prone. (Time you don't have if infected.) And last but not least, they are many and they roam around loot. So after all, you'll have to face them. Given said chances to be infected, you are practically dead starting playing.

Edited by Ken Bean

I agree. On a 50 person server i still managed to find a Dmr, m14, nvgs, rangefinder etc. Loot needs to be rarer.

Rarer guns would be nice. They might stop some of the deathmatch everyone is complaining about now that guns are hard to find. As of now, i really, really dont see why i would find a makarov in a general store, but for gods sake let us find some BEANS!!

How to deal with zombies if you have a melee weapon: just run into the nearest building and smack them one after another in the doorway. Preferably a building with two or more exits, so you can bail if you get overrun.

That's true, but with 1.7.7 it shifted to another death match, now the infecting Zeds are the true killer. A survival game should give you a chance to survive. People will lose interest in a survival game which doesn't let you survive.

In my opinion Zeds should be nerfed a bit down, since they are too many and in certain points better than you. The melee system now is pretty much on a point where you don't stand a chance in the long run. 3 hits can be enough to sign your death sentence.

Zeds are faster than you, can walk through walls and certain fances and they seem to be able to look through walls as well. The only thing that might save you is to prone. (Time you don't have if infected.) And last but not least, they are many and they roam around loot. So after all, you'll have to face them. Given said chances to be infected, you are practically dead starting playing.

How long has this patch been out? We just need to beat this like we've beaten everything else. It's offering a challenge and again, apparently there's other ways to avoid the need for antibiotics.

I'm sorry we disagree on this but I enjoy the challenge. I have no doubt the community will figure this out and we'll be right back to bitching about how easy the zombies are. Right off, I find tin cans be the most useful thing in the game right now. It makes living easy.

yeah perfect example how people forgot how to play Dayz - empty tin cans and bottles - trash loot and also tools for distraction. You know that you can throw them right ? - and all zeds near will go look what was that sound. Smoke grenades - I was chased by 10 zeds yesterday, thought I am dead in next 5 mins then I remember about smoke grenade I picked up earlier - doped it and all zeds stoped to smoke :)

If you playing with friend - and he have better gear - let him "tank", he make first shoot and all zeds on him - you are safe to go loot stuf.

just use your head and you will find this patch very easy

How to deal with zombies if you have a melee weapon: just run into the nearest building and smack them one after another in the doorway. Preferably a building with two or more exits, so you can bail if you get overrun.

Yeah, the only working way to fight melee is in a house. (Still think this is kind of wrong, isn't it?) Last time I got infected it was at a dears stand.

yeah perfect example how people forgot how to play Dayz - empty tin cans and bottles - trash loot and also tools for distraction. You know that you can throw them right ? - and all zeds near will go look what was that sound. Smoke grenades - I was chased by 10 zeds yesterday, thought I am dead in next 5 mins then I remember about smoke grenade I picked up earlier - doped it and all zeds stoped to smoke :)

If you playing with friend - and he have better gear - let him "tank", he make first shoot and all zeds on him - you are safe to go loot stuf.

just use your head and you will find this patch very easy

Yes, thank you for your proposal, I'll throw all my loot away and from now on only carry empty tin cans in my whole inventory. Who needs food, morphine, painkillers, soda cans and ammo anyway? Ill just take tin cans instead. You are stumbling so often over morphine that I just throw it away as I find it to make room for empty tin cans... It's a multi tool weapon. Does everything you need. Everyone knows that empty tin cans is everything you need to survive a zombie apocalypse. You can even make mobile phones out of it.

Edited by Ken Bean

At first I had the problem of no loot and kept dying, now it's much easier as like me your all looking in the wrong places

I went from mp5sd from electro to an m16 with 3 mags from berezino where I acquired all my hunting gear without being infected, found 2 antibiotics in berezino and both were in non medical locations, found more morphine than I could carry

Heli crash had m29 saw, m24 and some m4 variants, took the saw as it had 3 mags and the other weapons had 1-2

On the way to NWAF I found another antibiotics in a house

At NWAF I found a DMR with 3 mags which I took, still have 2 antibiotics as got infected on the way there

Left the airfield stocked with m9 and DMR ammo and used most of it helping 3 guys who found my M29 and aggroed into e barracks

Guess how many players were online?

40+ / 50

And 90% were dying over and over at the coast

Doorways, zombies and small sheds

Problem is you all want instant finds of something decent, that's not going to happen

Problem is you all want instant finds of something decent, that's not going to happen

No, I already said what I want. I want the Zeds to be nerfed a bit especially the infective ones.

Just stop playing the ultra hard dude. We all already know that some of us survived 20 days with empty tin cans only, since the patch is out.

Edited by Ken Bean

Calm down, I'm not playing the ultra hard dude

I was clearly pointing out loot isn't that difficult to find

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

No, I already said what I want. I want the Zeds to be nerfed a bit especially the infective ones.

Just stop playing the ultra hard dude. We all already know that some of us survived 20 days with empty tin cans only, since the patch is out.

why they should be nerfed? How you imagine dayz ? - All possible gear 10m near spawn, pref .50 cal, zeds who just standing and doing 0 damage. After spawn you sit in bushes 5m near spawn waiting for freshspawns ?

BTW loot now is way more than it was before patch - only thing what is rare is antibiotics.

Calm down, I'm not playing the ultra hard dude

I was clearly pointing out loot isn't that difficult to find

I clearly said that what I want and you tried to pull me into the "CoD" corner. Maybe a little self criticism, before you go on another time on me, would be not bad in my opinion. Have you even read my post? Tried to understand what I was saying?

why they should be nerfed? How you imagine dayz ? - All possible gear 10m near spawn, pref .50 cal, zeds who just standing and doing 0 damage. After spawn you sit in bushes 5m near spawn waiting for freshspawns ?

BTW loot now is way more than it was before patch - only thing what is rare is antibiotics.

Yeah, this exaggeration thing going on gets really out of hand. When did I say anything nearly into that direction???

Edited by Ken Bean

Ok, I just wanted to link these three posts right here, just these three. Are you people playing the same game the rest of us are? Are you playing servers with more then 20 people on them? If you say you are playing on servers with more then 20 people then I have to say you're full of shit or EXTREMELY lucky or you have a camp you're restocking off of.

The ones who have their heads in the sand are MORE THEN LIKELY the people playing on the servers with pops of 6 or 7 people. Of course there's going to be loot, there's nobody on the damn server. So, what, were supposed to play on servers with less then 10 people?

Just because I replied after your post Ken Bean doesn't mean I was talking to you, so I quoted above the person some of my post was directed at just to point out the obvious

The rest of my post was to people in general which is what they are doing, running straight in for a gun and dying, me and a friend saw at least 30 new spawn bodies around some of the gun spawn locations, most trapped in a room only with a hachet or on firestation stairs ect

I never once referred to you in that first post you quoted or made any comments to the COD crowd or whatever you want to call it

I was simply pointing out that this guy is eiether really unlucky as every time I've played since the patch loot has been easy enough to acquire with a little thought and efforts instead of running blindly into towns

Your just picking for a fight/ argument, well your not going to find it with me

Move along and troll someone else

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior