grimsonfart

What you guys think about the new update?

I too really like the update. Thank you R4ZOR49.

"Zombies are annoying, aggravating, etc?" I am afraid that's code for "The zombies are too hard." FINALLY.

ZOMBIES are not a worry now, GETTING AN INFECTION is the worry. You people need to learn to read what everyone is complaining about, we're not pissing in the wind about zombies, we're griping about the fact we get infected every other hit. If you're liking that, then you're one of those tools that doesn't do anything but die, respawn, die respawn, die respawn. You're not surviving, you're suiciding with your hatchet then saying 'D'aww shucks, whelp! I'm not far from the coast should I should just get another hatchet!"

Players were never a damn issue if you were smart and played the game smart, zombies were your main problem.

1. Zombies gave your position away.

2. Zombies told you if you fired or not.

3. Zombies caused infection prior to this, just not every other hit.

4. If you're constantly dieing to players and zombies weren't an issue, then consider being a bit more tactical about what you do. Here's a few clues :

Don't run in the middle of fields.

Don't run around throwing flares everywhere.

Don't shoot your gun all the damn time.

Don't pretend everyone is your friend.

Don't run into an area blind of the tactical situation.

Players were an issue, yes, but they were not the major one. Zombies have always been a factor and if you are one of those twits who says "No the were not." Then it's because you died a lot due to your own dumbass mistakes.

So I guess what I am saying is that it's not the zombies we're fighting against, or the players, it's catching a cold? So with that in mind can we rename this mod to Day Sniffle?

Edited by Tandwan

I found a heli crash site and searched it for 15 minutes before the server restarted. There was no loot where it used to be, I only found 1 MK 48 Mod and 1 mag for it (which is awesome) maybe 10 m behind. Furtheremore I found 1 Antibiotics on a pilot zed and something to eat on another one. It's interesting to see how zeds roam around the crash site, they no longer just walk away, they stick closer, which is good, effectively forces you to deal with them. But it's pretty difficult to find something if the area is covered with dense grass. So can you say a word what the maximum distance is in which the loot can spawn at heli crash sites? I think I read somewhere that one found stuff kind of like 80 m away. Maybe he exaggerated, but it would take ages to find a NVG under this circumstances. If you are looking for one, you'd probably never find it.

Edited by Ken Bean

lol

fix nothing in the game, fixing your crappy code is boring.

make the stupid still warping and still immune to sneak strike zombies infect you immediately and sit on the loot in every building,

great its a sneaking game now, and the zombies sit on what you need to survive.

Fuck arrogance is fun to watch fail.

I dont know why everyone is complaining about infection. It kills you really really slowly. You can survive indefinitely on food. Respect the zombies, look in more places than the main spawns. I've found a ton of loot in places I would never have bothered to even visit before. Its much much better this way.

Protip: find a tent. Protip: hunt and eat game to stay alive while infected.

make the stupid still warping and still immune to sneak strike zombies infect you immediately and sit on the loot in every building,

Its trying to communicate with us.

What should we do?

I dont know why everyone is complaining about infection. It kills you really really slowly. You can survive indefinitely on food. Respect the zombies, look in more places than the main spawns. I've found a ton of loot in places I would never have bothered to even visit before. Its much much better this way.

Protip: find a tent. Protip: hunt and eat game to stay alive while infected.

Protip : And tell us, oh great guru of the pro-tips how you expect a fresh spawn with nothing but two bandages and some flares to actually go out and set up this said magical tent (to be fair, having a tent does fuck-all for having an infection that forces you to eat constantly so you don't die). I really have never seen such a completely idiotic statement. Infections do nothing! Hur dur, you can just ignore it and constantly eat food to stay alive!

So let's think on this for just a second and analyze your statement for what it is, a really shit statement. Food is fairly common if you're killing zombies constantly. Now, let's review this for a second. You're fighting zombies, with... i'll be generous and say a hatchet. So you're happy swinging away with your hatchet, eating every bit of food you come across. Now this doesn't take into account that you're AGGROing zombies while moving through the city, which forces you to be constantly fighting to fend off zombies. Now, let's say this is a normal server on you have around 13 people on it. BARRING that all of these players aren't clones of Ray Charles they're going to see zombies running all over the damn place chasing you down. Note, this even assumes you're IN a city when you get infected. You have about... i'll be generous once more and say a 1 in 10 chance when you run into the city there's going to be Antibiotics somewhere in it. Now running through a city like Elecktro with a hatchet, a horde of zombies, and looking for 1 box of antibiotics while constantly chowing down to keep your blood up? (200 blood per can of food, take into effect you're MAYBE gonna be bleeding somewhere along the line and taking hits from zombies) This also assumes you don't get your legs broken when you get knocked down.... because you're going to make a mistake and the chances are high you will get knocked down.....

But that's not even what YOU said. You said, hunting game... ok so NOW we gotta get this fresh spawn a box of matches, a hatchet, some wood, a knife and then we have to find this fresh spawn an animal to kill.... now throw hostile players into the equation and yeah, you're boned. If you don't have antibiotics when you get an infection your chances of survival are very, very low.

Again, shit plan.

Solution? Fix infection rates instead of listening to above Guru.

Please note : I DID NOT SAY AN ESTABLISHED PLAYER WITH A GEAR STASH SOMEWHERE ON THE SERVER. I SAID A FRESH SPAWN, SOMEONE WHO JUST SPAWNED ON THE COAST WITH NO FRIENDS AND NO ALLIES ON THE SERVER.

Edited by Tandwan
  • Like 7

I like the direction the new update goes, but as a fairly-freshspawn its pretty frustrating to get infected out of nowhere after finding your first parts of equipment. If you are unable to hunt, you die. And me and my friends did not find a single antibiotic by now, although we searched everything that we could find. I would suggest to revert the infection itself back to the former state where you would be nailed down on 5k blood. Still very bad, still forcing you to get antibiotics, but at least you can survive on it.

Edited by EndEffeKt
  • Like 1

Protip : And tell us, oh great guru of the pro-tips how you expect a fresh spawn with nothing but two bandages and some flares to actually go out and set up this said magical tent (to be fair, having a tent does fuck-all for having an infection that forces you to eat constantly so you don't die). I really have never seen such a completely idiotic statement. Infections do nothing! Hur dur, you can just ignore it and constantly eat food to stay alive!

So let's think on this for just a second and analyze your statement for what it is, a really shit statement. Food is fairly common if you're killing zombies constantly. Now, let's review this for a second. You're fighting zombies, with... i'll be generous and say a hatchet. So you're happy swinging away with your hatchet, eating every bit of food you come across. Now this doesn't take into account that you're AGGROing zombies while moving through the city, which forces you to be constantly fighting to fend off zombies. Now, let's say this is a normal server on you have around 13 people on it. BARRING that all of these players aren't clones of Ray Charles they're going to see zombies running all over the damn place chasing you down. Note, this even assumes you're IN a city when you get infected. You have about... i'll be generous once more and say a 1 in 10 chance when you run into the city there's going to be Antibiotics somewhere in it. Now running through a city like Elecktro with a hatchet, a horde of zombies, and looking for 1 box of antibiotics while constantly chowing down to keep your blood up? (200 blood per can of food, take into effect you're MAYBE gonna be bleeding somewhere along the line and taking hits from zombies) This also assumes you don't get your legs broken when you get knocked down.... because you're going to make a mistake and the chances are high you will get knocked down.....

But that's not even what YOU said. You said, hunting game... ok so NOW we gotta get this fresh spawn a box of matches, a hatchet, some wood, a knife and then we have to find this fresh spawn an animal to kill.... now throw hostile players into the equation and yeah, you're boned. If you don't have antibiotics when you get an infection your chances of survival are very, very low.

Again, shit plan.

Solution? Fix infection rates instead of listening to above Guru.

Please note : I DID NOT SAY AN ESTABLISHED PLAYER WITH A GEAR STASH SOMEWHERE ON THE SERVER. I SAID A FRESH SPAWN, SOMEONE WHO JUST SPAWNED ON THE COAST WITH NO FRIENDS AND NO ALLIES ON THE SERVER.

Absolutely support this. The game got pretty damn hard for fresh spawns. I mean, I have a ghillie, a NVG, a helicopter, a good share of tents quite spread. I found 5 heli crash sites today (nice new Mi-17 models btw), looted Vybor, Pustoshka and one Airfield.

I had no problem finding food, even found medical supplies and a ammo crate at heli crash sites, but after all, the loot is a little low end. I found one Mk48 + ammo, 1 camo clothing, 1 engine parts, loads of soda and bandages, maybe 4 painkiller, 3 morphine, 1 Antibiotics. I shot 80 bullets with the Mk 48 and maybe 5 mags with the G17 and found none in return except one M9 mag and loads of DMR and SVD ammo in an ammo box at one of the heli crash sites, which makes me think, I'm outa ammo soon, at least for my secondary.

I got infected once, got layed several times in Vybor (the town almost killed me ^^) and had to recover loads of blood, since sneaking after Zeds not really works well, if you are not going to prone, even at night.

So yeah, have to say that the update changed the focus of many things. I believe there only is just one loot pile per heli, since I wasn't able to find more than one/heli crash site. The baracks and other known loot places deliver significant less loot, so most of the time I had the feeling that it wasn't worth the risk and time.

Aggroed Zeds now are way harder to get rid off without violence. Atm I'm a little clueless what to do, I just take most ammo with me I can find, regardless of the type. This leads to the need to deposit it somewhere. Im out of tents and I didn't find any yet, so it's hard time to tell whats less important, since basically everything you need became much more rare.

Bottom line, basically I like the shift of the focus which the update brought in, but you may either think about increasing at least some of the survivors needs which should be found more often or you decrease the infection rate and the Zed-Aggroing. Ammo for secondary weapons might be needed to be found more often. It hasn't a huge impact on pvp anyway.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

This patch does remind me alot of when I started playing. It was before 1.4 or something. That was when I didn't even know that I could just run pass zeds and was sneaking around everywhere. So, it does bring back memories. However, you can never return to the past, no matter how much you might want to.

So, while the mod is returning to that "golden age" when everything seemed to be about survival, the players have moved on. I don't have time to spend 3-4 hrs playing every other day, especially when it involves playing with friends. So, trying to justify playing 3-5 hours so that you can gear up on basic stuff and .... do what? Go north and ... do what? Camp around like all the douche snipers, killing people who are less geared than you? Create a camp and ... do what? Sit around and stare at each other? Hoard vehicles like another category of douches? Or go back south with l33t gear and kill bambis, yet another category of douche? If you stay out of the big cities, if you limit your exposure to pvp, - just doing these two things, its so easy to survive indefinitely. But is it fun? Its boring as hell.

I really don't understand how hoarding, camping, or hiding in the woods are fun activities. It was fun when I first started (because as a noob, you are scared of getting into pvp) but now, after nearly a year of playing this mod, it's not something that I can go back to. So you hoard 8 cars for weeks, so what? So you survived 3 months with one character, so what? So your l33t camp was not raided for 3 months, so what? At the end of the day, you end up doing nothing and not even have fun doing it.

tldr; survival was always easy but its boring as hell.

Edited by boatie

Like it.

Been away for some time but started playing again after reading the patch notes.

But..

For the amount of attention you find yourself getting just to get to the loot that, as said above, zombies seem to camp on, makes it pretty hard when even a hatchet seems to be a rarity.

Its also a tad too easy to get infected. Finding antibiotics in some locations that never had loot at all though :)

I also feel the character physics don't suit the zombie knock downs.

Getting up and running again is too clunky and I find myself screaming 'Get the feck up ya tard and run'

Overall though it's nice to not have the half and hour run and find yourself with everything you need to live in the woods until your a ripe old age.

3/4 of a can of beans for this patch

I really dont get the complaints about the weapons spawns, sure you may not find a m4a3 in cherno like you want, but just today I have found a mp5sd, a m24, a3 akms, and a m4a3. How is this not enough guns? The only thing that I agree on is that infection rates are a bit to high.

Love the new zombies. Hate the new loot. I just don't have that kind of time. If I don't feel like I'm accomplishing something I get bored. I'm not really complaining. The developer is going to do whatever they are going to do, and I'm happy for those that enjoy the long grind. Just thought I would share my opinion.

Game deleted. Now this game is for people who hate themself. I could tell you a long story, but I dont feel like it. Whoever is the developer of this game, go and find a psychiatrist and let treat your sick soul !!!

Game deleted. Now this game is for people who hate themself. I could tell you a long story, but I dont feel like it. Whoever is the developer of this game, go and find a psychiatrist and let treat your sick soul !!!

Mission accomplished.

R4Z0R49 regarding the bugged tent placement. It's totally nerfed in 1.7.7 patch. No one is gonna use the tents, because they are now impossible to hide.

Some examples:

1. 40m away from the nearest water:

- wide area shot

arma2oa-2013-06-16-16-49.jpg

- close area shot when trying to set the tent.

2. Before you could place the tent between those two pine trees, now you can not:

arma2oa-2013-06-16-16-38.jpg

3. If you try to set a tent here between the rock and the pine tree, you are automatically turned 90 degrees to the right and tent is set up there

arma2oa-2013-06-16-16-45.jpg

I could post even more screenshots if necessary.

Regards!

R4Z0R49 regarding the bugged tent placement. It's totally nerfed in 1.7.7 patch. No one is gonna use the tents, because they are now impossible to hide.

Some examples:

- wide area shot

2. Before you could place the tent between those two pine trees, now you can not:

3. If you try to set a tent here between the rock and the pine tree, you are automatically turned 90 degrees to the right and tent is set up there

Regards!

:facepalm: Oh man. If this is the way it is for 1.7.7. I'm going back to the old patch.

Same here. Everytime I get knocked down I lose half my blood because of stupid arma physics as it takes you like 5 seconds to get back up. And also I went cherno and elektro looted both and the best I found was one drink, a hatchet and a backpack. Is the loot glitched or something??

My opinion:

Tents - Even though people were able to bug them into objects, they were easy to find. Right now tents are completely useless.

Zombies - Which genius came with the idea to give zombies a 80% chance to knock people down, the knockback itself is pretty cool but the rate is just stupid.

Infection rate - This is just game breaking. It's fine that the new zombies hit like monster trucks and are able to do a piledriver knockdown attack, but the entire infection and it's rate is just damn boring. It was even easier to find an AS50 pre-patch then to find an antibiotics right now, how dull is that?

Edited by WiggleWiggleWiggle

Some examples:

- wide area shot

Regards!

thanks for the photos. just to point out your trying to place on uneven ground however we are aware the placement is a little strict.

thanks for the photos. just to point out your trying to place on uneven ground however we are aware the placement is a little strict.

Too strict. And it should be fixed.

• Like 2

I just want to say, that the infection rate atm really is a death sentence for a fresh spawns. You probably get infected very soon. If not, you will get infected anyway later. You won't find Antibiotics soon enough. If you are not looking for them, you wont find them. So if you get an infection, you are immediately under the stress to find meds. You don't have an hour since you may have been bleeding and already lost lots of blood. The vision also will get blury and stuff. You'll not find enough food or ammo to fight the Zeds. You most likely wont find all tools you need to cook meat. A hatchet is too weak, since Zeds are fast as heck. Some will need 3 hits, but you'll miss a lot. So as soon as you are infected, you either die quite fast searching or relatively slow trying to find a town. Since running from town to town takes ages ... you get the idea. It's too much, you not really have a chance.

Btw: Zeds are so fast that 3 of them died falling while they chased me the last session.

Edited by Ken Bean

The new zombies are great, however just a few small fixes that are needed...

Random spawning: this is a great feature, and has already stopped me equating zed presence with survivor presence. But it is annoying when they magically spawn 20 metres in front of you.

Zed player detection: Zombie hearing should be roughly equivalent to human hearing. So it is frustrating when I run around on carpeted areas, completely silent, but the hearing metre measures two bars. On the other end of the spectrum, it also annoys me that when it's nighttime, the sounds you make are no quieter, but the hearing metre measures only 1 bar when during the day it would measure 3. Light doesn't affect hearing ability.

Zeroing in: This really needs to be fixed IMO. They will magically walk where I am heading, without having seen or heard me. This happens far too often to be a coincidence.

• Like 1

Zeds are so fast that 3 of them died falling while they chased me the last session.

Zeds run slightly faster than we do, but when they stop to hit us and we're still running, they'll miss us. That falling down the mountain thing is a bit of an exploit, although one that I use with these tougher zombies. I like to imagine that they're so bloodthirsty that they don't even look where they're running, so they fall and land awkwardly and kill themselves because they're so fragile and malnourished.

Edited by WBK
  • Like 1

we've decided to alter loot tables because loot is so crap, hopefully will help the issue of being infected so easily then finding it harder the find antibiotics than they ever where in previous versions