grimsonfart

What you guys think about the new update?

Just because I replied after your post Ken Bean doesn't mean I was talking to you, so I quoted above the person some of my post was directed at just to point out the obvious

The rest of my post was to people in general which is what they are doing, running straight in for a gun and dying, me and a friend saw at least 30 new spawn bodies around some of the gun spawn locations, most trapped in a room only with a hachet or on firestation stairs ect

I never once referred to you in that first post you quoted or made any comments to the COD crowd or whatever you want to call it

I was simply pointing out that this guy is eiether really unlucky as every time I've played since the patch loot has been easy enough to acquire with a little thought and efforts instead of running blindly into towns

Your just picking for a fight/ argument, well your not going to find it with me

Move along and troll someone else

Now you are calling me a troll? Wow, excuse me my friend, but maybe next time try to make a post without personal insults, thanks.

anyway I don't get it what is all about that dayz, cod ... whatever crowd.

I play COD, BF, Bad company, Dayz and ARMA - for me its not a problem to switch from one game to another and accept play stile for particular game.

I never expect to see in BF tactics like in ARMA, never expect ARMA be run and gun game, never wanted tanks and jets in COD ...\

what I mean - in every game is something what is fun and every game have their own player base we need to accept games how they are or leave them

Zeds also kick me of my feed while running. While the player not even can switch weapons without standing still. Every player action takes ages. You can't stand up fast, can't switch weapons fast, if you accidentaly hit V or B, you lose lots of time... On the other hand they run and hit with ease. Imho, they are clearly overpowered. Would be okay without the hight infection rate. It feels not really balanced well. Zeds are way too fast. Not just running, also with their attacks. They clitch through ladders and do anything to be an unpredictable target. A machete is a nice weapon and at least indoors very helpfull. If it wouldn't miss that much...

Edited by Ken Bean

look at player numbers since 1.7.7 drastically drop offs

1.7.7 has made alot of players stop playing. devs/mods look at what people have said. keep the mod fun over function. your slowly killing your own mod.

• Like 1

look at player numbers since 1.7.7 drastically drop offs

1.7.7 has made alot of players stop playing. devs/mods look at what people have said. keep the mod fun over function. your slowly killing your own mod.

I didn't play the game since months ago and Im now back at playing it thanks to this patch, and so are my friends.

I think this mod has gone way over the top to bring bak the old DayZ experience.

People are to used to finding stuff easy and getting away from zombies to easy.

With the Map being so old people are bored going bak to the old days of DayZ.

If they can add new exciting areas to the map then mayb it will bring back the old feeling.

With the Map being so old people are bored going bak to the old days of DayZ.

If they can add new exciting areas to the map then mayb it will bring back the old feeling.

try to play in rainy night without map - scary as fak even with brightness all to the top only way to see something is to use flares :)

I didn't play the game since months ago and Im now back at playing it thanks to this patch, and so are my friends.

From my experience in this last week you are in the minority, on my several favourited servers player numbers have dropped a lot.

patch has pleased the very hardcore players but that is a small section of the community it;s alienated far more than just the very casual players. The middle ground more flexible players have been put off sas well.

• Like 1

From my experience in this last week you are in the minority, on my several favourited servers player numbers have dropped a lot.

patch has pleased the very hardcore players but that is a small section of the community it;s alienated far more than just the very casual players. The middle ground more flexible players have been put off sas well.

and they will continue to drop as mods devs listen to minorities who congratulate them on this patch.

while alot of work has gone into doing the patch its actually making players leave in droves from servers since it was released. look at the figures devs monitor then realize that pre 1.7.7 is more fun. fun keeps players playing not functions. pre 1.7.7 is more fun.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 3

and they will continue to drop as mods devs listen to minorities who congratulate them on this patch.

while alot of work has gone into doing the patch its actually making players leave in droves from servers since it was released. look at the figures devs monitor then realize that pre 1.7.7 is more fun. fun keeps players playing not functions. pre 1.7.7 is more fun.

I see total opposite, maybe some private hives loosing players but open servers are more crowded then before 1.7.7

and now am not getting killed while trying to help some one :)

year ago Dayz was how it should be

and now it finally comes back to right direction

I see total opposite, maybe some private hives loosing players but open servers are more crowded then before 1.7.7

and now am not getting killed while trying to help some one smile.png

year ago Dayz was how it should be

and now it finally comes back to right direction

I don't see what your video has to do with the version we now have.

I don't see what your video has to do with the version we now have.

back then and now now one wanted to get too close to zeds, in pre 1.7.7 I maybe killed 2 Zeds in 10 days just because I wanted faster to enter house but zed was in doorway

now I have 80+ zed kills in 2 days, just because I don't want them to get too close to me

Edited by V3C1C

And its been said quite a lot this game is for hardcore players. Casual players have plenty of offers out there to choose, isn't like we are leaving them w/o anything to play.

hello there

Is the mod about player numbers or a niche gaming experience? An "anti-game".

Is penalising the casual/medium player right or wrong?

Thoughts?

*runs away*

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I don't think the mod devs should ever worry about player numbers or being "popular", Dean certainly didn't when he created the mod. If it get's to the point where there's only 3 - 4 servers struggling to fill up then maybe it'll be time to give up and move on, in the mean time I think they need to just keep on keeping on, all the time remembering what made DayZ popular to begin with.

Maybe player numbers will drop over the next few months, I'd be surprised if they didn't but thats no reason to start making concessions to appease the casual players.

*runs away*

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I'm gonna say it because Orlok put it out there

This game isn't made for casual players, and by game I mean the standalone

Like arma and the other games by BI it's made for a specific group of players

Should casual players be punished?

Not punished per say but their playstyle is catered for on private servers where they spawn with gear and verchiles are every 5 ft

My point is, why are casual players still moaning when there are a quadrillion servers with other versions which can let you get easy gear yet your complaining about a version you don't want to play

If your a casual player , just find a server that suits your style, but just bear in mind the mod and standalone are evolving and most likely it won't cater for you in be long run

This is just some friendly advice so feel free to rage to me about it but its no an aggressive 'play my way or quit' post

• Like 3

when you lose a lot of player from only a week ago then claim its not for everyone i find that a bit of a joke tbh.

we have played for close to a year or more so we know the gme we can play it in many forms when you choose function over fun in video games you kill your game.

carry on watch the player numbers decrease. such a shame for a few little tweaks the more fun game is right in front of you.

this is why so many videos games are boring people just trying to make things instead of making fun things first. devs always see function first players see gameplay first.

• Like 1

this is why so many videos games are boring people just trying to make things instead of making fun things first. devs always see function first players see gameplay first.

wrong - most of devs only see $$$$ and most biggest market is kids 5-15 year - most of them making games for them. Just look at todays games COD, BF3, MOH ...... NFS,GRID, DIRT - they all totally the same shit - just because kids want them to be so - just because they spam a lot in devs forum

I hope BIS and Rocket will never ever listen to crying kids

when you lose a lot of player from only a week ago then claim its not for everyone i find that a bit of a joke tbh.

we have played for close to a year or more so we know the gme we can play it in many forms when you choose function over fun in video games you kill your game.

carry on watch the player numbers decrease. such a shame for a few little tweaks the more fun game is right in front of you.

Nobody's saying the last patch was perfect.

EVERY SINGLE TIME a patch is released it's the same. People cry about it for a bit and swear that they'll only play on servers offering the last patch. People don't like change, ever. It's been that way for ever and it was the same when Rocket used to patch it.

Razor and the other community devs will be looking at the feedback and tweaking the patch via hotfixes, he's already posted on how he intends to adjust the infection system and the "knockdown" mechanic. Again, this happens every time so it shoudn't be a new process to layers that have been here for a while.

Edited by Fraggle

hello there

Is the mod about player numbers or a niche gaming experience? An "anti-game".

Is penalising the casual/medium player right or wrong?

Thoughts?

*runs away*

Rgds

LoK

I don't think the mod devs should ever worry about player numbers or being "popular", Dean certainly didn't when he created the mod. If it get's to the point where there's only 3 - 4 servers struggling to fill up then maybe it'll be time to give up and move on, in the mean time I think they need to just keep on keeping on, all the time remembering what made DayZ popular to begin with.

Maybe player numbers will drop over the next few months, I'd be surprised if they didn't but thats no reason to start making concessions to appease the casual players.

*runs away*

I'm gonna say it because Orlok put it out there

This game isn't made for casual players, and by game I mean the standalone

Like arma and the other games by BI it's made for a specific group of players

Should casual players be punished?

Not punished per say but their playstyle is catered for on private servers where they spawn with gear and verchiles are every 5 ft

My point is, why are casual players still moaning when there are a quadrillion servers with other versions which can let you get easy gear yet your complaining about a version you don't want to play

If your a casual player , just find a server that suits your style, but just bear in mind the mod and standalone are evolving and most likely it won't cater for you in be long run

This is just some friendly advice so feel free to rage to me about it but its no an aggressive 'play my way or quit' post

So in short f*ck off and play something else then is your message?

I see, from moderators as well, great.

Have we asked for it to be for 'casual' players, is anyone asking for COD?

It's legitimate feedback from experienced Day Z players. We aren't players paying to play on servers that start with AS50s or Coyote back packs nor do we want piles of loot everywhere and zombies that you kill with a twig.

Most of my entire playtime has been on vanilla servers since I first started playing DayZ,

I don't disagree with the overall tone of the patch but frankly it's broken.

Zombies that know where you are going?, Zombies that knock you down and infect you with every hit?, Zombies that randomly appear 20m in front of you? Zombies which are supposed to be infected ill humans having cat like eyes and reflexes? Survivors that apparently have no anti-bodies in them despite somehow surviving a zombie apocalypse in the first place? Zombies that can see through walls? No food in a supermarket.

Apparently wanting some logic, plausibility to gaming and a bit of fun is wanting it to be casual. :rolleyes:

I'm introducing a mate to the game next week, I imagine that it will go something like this:-

Spawn in.

Him "cool what we going to do"

Me "we're going to spend 4 hours looking for anti-biotics, which we won't find so we will then spend hours trying to hunt animals to keep ourselves alive so we can spend more time looking for anti-biotics"

Him "oh....."

Hardcore? more like hardsnore........

• Like 1

So in short f*ck off and play something else then is your message?

I see, from moderators as well, great.

Where the flip did you get that from my post?

crikey!

L

Please do not be upset. And please do not put words in my mouth.

If you read what I said properly and calmly you will see that I said the new patch is not perfect, they never are. They get released and then they get "fixed" after reading critiscms and feedback. That is exactly what is happening with this one and it will forever be that way because that's the nature of modding.

Edited by Fraggle

Well thats a shame, loosing most of its playerbase because they refused to make changes to things people disliked

Spawn in.

Me "we're going to spend 4 hours looking for anti-biotics, which we won't find so we will then spend hours trying to hunt animals to keep ourselves alive so we can spend more time looking for anti-biotics"

Him "oh....."

Hardcore? more like hardsnore........

how about that

Spawn in.

Me "we are going to try staying alive longer then 1 hour - we will scavenge for weapons and then will hunt "

Him "oh.....ok"

Where the flip did you get that from my post?

You didn't say that, but where's the whole pointless casual discussion coming from, if nobody means it?

I see that Zeds are a bit Terminator like, do things which are a little akward, actually forcing player to melee fight indoor only. It even can be fun trying to outsneack an aggroed Zed for 10 minutes, but as soon you are infected, fun is over.

Edited by Ken Bean