rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Do we get more violent storms with thicker rain and wind? Or is it still in heavy development.

if not answered here! into the Q&A thread in the suggestions! how often do i have to repeat myself?! >:(

Edited by joe_mcentire

Rocket said something about that you need line of sight to see them in the gear menu. I wouldn't mind if you can't see what is on the ground in the menu screen so you have to organize your gear rpg style.

if not answered here! into the Q&A thread in the suggestions! how often do i have to repeat myself?! >:(

No.

• Like 2

No.

ok :(

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Omg, diaries will truly be amazing, if people use them of course. I will go exclusively bandit just to kill people and get their diaries! I would finish them with 'and then I was killed by a f*cking bandit.' Just kidding.

In any case, I hope each of the books will have sufficiently low drop rate that it will be a whole new adventure whether you find a book off a corpse of a player or hidden away in a house. I don't want books to be something of a trash drop that I have to discard every 2 minutes, make them rare!

Edited by TiredMiner
  • Like 1

People doesnt like change, after a while with the new UI or what ever they will like it as they liked what was before it. Untill new update comes and bitching starts, and again untill people get used to it... rinse and repeat.

So what's with this leaked stand alone video? Who's leaking shit!? <_<

XXX

maybe edit your post ...inb4 ban/deletion

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

maybe edit your post ...inb4 ban/deletion

I did, but why exactly? The "leaked video" is all over the place on the web...? Kotaku, PCGamer etc.

I did, but why exactly? The "leaked video" is all over the place on the web...? Kotaku, PCGamer etc.

Any links to leaked standalone footage will result in an immediate ban from the site, according to the forum mods & admins.

• Like 1

Any links to leaked standalone footage will result in an immediate ban from the site, according to the forum mods & admins.

Oh wow. I had no idea... lol, thanks for the update! Kind of silly considering it's all over the web, but alright.

:beans:

Hello there

Just because "it's all over the web" does not mean it's ok to post it here.

*think* about it.

Rgds

LoK

Oh wow. I had no idea... lol, thanks for the update! Kind of silly considering it's all over the web, but alright.

:beans:

Just to give you an idea of what it was, it was an old build from before dean even left for Everest.

Edited by colekern

Just to clarify we know it's all over the web and whoever wants to see it will go and find it but we'd just like to respect the devs work by not allowing people to post it here, it's their site so I think that's fair enough. Also it's very old so it doesn't really represent the current state of affairs.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Just to clarify we know it's all over the web and whoever wants to see it will go and find it but we'd just like to respect the devs work by not allowing people to post it here, it's their site so I think that's fair enough. Also it's very old so it doesn't really represent the current state of affairs.

you know th best thing about the video th guy is probably the worst player you have ever seen :lol:

he looks like hes using a xbox pad cant even walk through doors the correct way :D also keeps flapping his wings like a chicken :o wtf is that about ?

• Like 1

sneaky peeky

ArOr9k1.png

Edited by Guisho
  • Like 9

First off, thanks for the answers.

Second.... jump right into the concerns.

I can play with the foliage problem, it is annoying, sure. But we play the game now, so there is no reason not to buy SA.

If the games realeases without helicopters you will give the buyers a reason not to buy it. (heck, most of us will prob buy it anyway, am I right?)

The mod have helicopters, why not the SA? And releasing without vehicles at all will be a mistake for sure.

Using mechanics from TOH is a brilliant idea (use veteran setting as default). Making helicopters difficult to fly and maneuver will introduce more we can learn and more to overcome. This game needs to be harder not easier.

I am really looking forward to release, but a release without heli`s or vehicles will just make me play the mod until they are introduced.

Best Regards.

• Like 1

I don't know how common or rare my opinion is but I could care less about vehicles in the game. I'd like them in at some point, but I'd be quite happy with a bare bones survival experience. It's much more difficult to navigate the game on foot than in a vehicle. In the mod I almost never used vehicles. I found it more exciting. That's just me though! I definitely want to see them at some point but if people aren't buying the game because vehicles aren't in it then people are buying the game for the WROOOONG reasons I think.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that when DayZ first came out, vehicles were fairly uncommon. Like you didn't see them or come across them all that often. I never played any other mods of DayZ but I think eventually vehicles became proliferated on a lot of servers. But for the first while that DayZ was played, the main focus was hardly on vehicles or even helicopter crash sites. I'm happy with the game returning to that for a little while, especially considering that zombies are more of a threat!

• Like 10

The vehicles is not needed, they provide an extra element.

Using them makes alot of noise and you are easy to spot and take out, you are actually safer on foot.

To me the game becomes easier and more dull without them, not because I want a vehicle myself but the fact that they are ingame provides something groups can work for.

Working together finding parts, fuelling, trying to steal other vehilces and be able to actually meet other players more then every 45- 75 min are important to keep the game alive. Navigating on foot is MUCH more easy, you have alle the time in the world, you can even alt-tab and check out stuff, do that in car with 70-150 players online and you will most likely have troubles.

When the game came out I never even saw a car for several weeks, that`s beside the point. I knew they where there, and it fueled alot of my efforts, and decisions "should I keep this tire in my backpack?", "should i check that town even if I have all I need?"

It is what they add to game in form of decisions and conflicts that makes them valuable, not that you can drive around the map.

But as you said, that is your opinion, and this is mine :)

Best Regards.

• Like 2

sneaky peeky

ArOr9k1.png

off to Everest again?

• Like 5

Dude, it is a alpha. :D Google it. When the full versioon is out. than you can complane. Alpha is fot testing and fixing and adding and so on.

off to Everest again?

hahahaha I was going to make some kind of joke similar to that when I read it but another guy did it before :( something like "another non-refundable trip?"

>inb4 200 posts

>inb4 sloths are the cutest thing in the world

>inb4 poo syringes