rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Sorry for the double post but I want to put this separately from the other messages. Some guy named "arcooke" in Reddit posted me this changelog and I don't know how he got it or if it's even real so, let me share it with you guys (seems pseudo-legit, funny though):

[–]arcookeWorld's Worst Survivor 1 punto

4 minutos

atrás

0.0.02a Changelog - Hard at work this month guys

• Wiping animation added
  • Bumpmapping added to feces models
  • Corpse flies have been repurposed
  • Toilet paper given realistic cloth physics, can now be unraveled, cut, and stick to your shoes.
  • Different foods now affect scent of feces, beans and sardines attract zombies more than others
  • Toilets installed all enterable buildings, loot can spawn inside bowl and top of tank, flush sound added, can attract zombies within 10m
  • New sniper rifle

EDIT: So naive from my part, here's a new response from him:

de arcooke vía /r/dayz/, enviado hace

3 minutos

mostrar padre

"I'm the new project lead for DayZ. We are very excited about the new features and hope to expand on them further in the coming weeks. Cars will be be added to the game sometime in 2016. Right now we are focusing on the core game elements."

hahahaha was interesting to have those changes though :(

Edited by Guisho

The vehicles is not needed, they provide an extra element.

Using them makes alot of noise and you are easy to spot and take out, you are actually safer on foot.

To me the game becomes easier and more dull without them, not because I want a vehicle myself but the fact that they are ingame provides something groups can work for.

Working together finding parts, fuelling, trying to steal other vehilces and be able to actually meet other players more then every 45- 75 min are important to keep the game alive. Navigating on foot is MUCH more easy, you have alle the time in the world, you can even alt-tab and check out stuff, do that in car with 70-150 players online and you will most likely have troubles.

When the game came out I never even saw a car for several weeks, that`s beside the point. I knew they where there, and it fueled alot of my efforts, and decisions "should I keep this tire in my backpack?", "should i check that town even if I have all I need?"

It is what they add to game in form of decisions and conflicts that makes them valuable, not that you can drive around the map.

But as you said, that is your opinion, and this is mine :)

Best Regards.

I don't disagree with this at all! I can see how it would be harder in cars... but given the fact that I didn't use them all that often, perhaps you can enlighten me on one bit of context. Vehicles were mostly threatened by powerful weapons were they not? And powerful weapons were also something that became proliferated. But I mean if there aren't as many powerful weapons in the game, and ammo is more scarce, are people going to be going on the offensive on moving vehicles as much? In other words, will they be bullet magnets or something that people hide from or just ignore?

Beyond that question though I completely agree with your post. Even for someone like me who navigated on foot it was exciting to see a vehicle because that usually meant that person was more of a threat. It meant they were probably more advanced than me as far as the weapons they had in order to stay alive long enough to find all the parts a car needed, or they were in a group, or both. (Although it could have just been that someone came across a completely healthy car and went bombing around for a while). The group dynamic of getting a vehicle together is an excellent reason for them to be in the game. Either way, I definitely think they need to be there at some point... but to not buy the game because they aren't there at first is a tad ridiculous. It's a rather narrow minded reason considering how wide open this game is as far as what you can do.

Just to clarify we know it's all over the web and whoever wants to see it will go and find it but we'd just like to respect the devs work by not allowing people to post it here, it's their site so I think that's fair enough. Also it's very old so it doesn't really represent the current state of affairs.

Yea, fair enough.

You both make great points but it's a bit of a moot discussion because vehicles WILL be in the game. The only thing we're unsure of as yet is if they will just port the old ones in and then remove them to overhaul further down the line or not include them at all to start with and then add them further along in development.

You both make great points but it's a bit of a moot discussion because vehicles WILL be in the game. The only thing we're unsure of as yet is if they will just port the old ones in and then remove them to overhaul further down the line or not include them at all to start with and then add them further along in development.

Ah, great, thanks for verifying that :)

Will end that discussion as it is moot....

We driftet from helicopters not beeing in the SA at the start. Vehicles was more a hypotetical.

but to not buy the game because they aren't there at first is a tad ridiculous. It's a rather narrow minded reason considering how wide open this game is as far as what you can do.

Completely agree :)

But you have to remember that alot of players now spend end-game on repairing and maintaining a vehicle of some sort. And it becomes a VERY large part of their gameplay.

As I said here:

If the games realeases without helicopters you will give the buyers a reason not to buy it. (heck, most of us will prob buy it anyway, am I right?)

"The buyers" as in, some people will consider it. (not me btw). But the focus here was more on helicopters. As I never heard of no vehicles anyway.

Best Regards.

Edited by Raventhorn
  • Like 2

Does anyone know if rocket has talked about actual environmental dangers lately, more than diseases and such? I'm talking about stuff like hiding in a bush only to discover it is poison ivy, snakebites (snakes are in Arma 3 so why the hell not :) ) or discovering that the leeches that stuck to you after that swim in the swamp makes you look like a leopard?

• Like 3

Haha I'm ok with turning some people off at first if people do consider waiting. Rocket seems to want it to be that way, I don't mind having a smaller community at first, and it looks like we're all in agreement that people will buy the game eventually anyways.

Win, Win, Win.

EDIT: To terrorviktor... I'm not sure if he has said anything about that, but I'm guessing the answer will be something along the lines of "later on." I've never played a game at alpha so it's weird to think that anyone's opinion could be considered and the things you mentioned are all good ideas. But I definitely think that sort of thing won't be implemented until later on.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

Does anyone know if rocket has talked about actual environmental dangers lately, more than diseases and such? I'm talking about stuff like hiding in a bush only to discover it is poison ivy, snakebites (snakes are in Arma 3 so why the hell not :) ) or discovering that the leeches that stuck to you after that swim in the swamp makes you look like a leopard?

Yeah im really into that kind of stuff too.

I dont know about anything rocket said lately but im 100% it sooner or later will get build in , im just not sure if it will be in from the start.

I would LOVE to place a totally Cholera plagued rifle as a bait in Cherno :D

or a helmet with wasps trapped in it.

Something like that xD

Yeah, obviously later on stuff, just wondered if he had discussed it at all at some point... can't seem to remember reading or seeing it! :)

Hopefully snakes at least, we are going to need a snake noose tool as well.

The streets and the passage from grass to the road looks much better now, nice. Feel free to add some more pics. :D

• Like 1

With the improvement of animations, i hope complex abilities come with it.

e.g

-holding someone as a human shield

-hiding under a pile of dead zombies

-shooting out of cars

-fluid and intuitive melee attack animations

-changing weapon, throwing nades while moving.

-waving/ giving the finger :lol:

unrelated suggestion quickly

Whistling!

could be useful to distract people or find friends. trade off would be drawing nearby zombies B)

Edited by TurkishMonkey

With the improvement of animations, i hope complex abilities come with it.

e.g

-holding someone as a human shield

-hiding under a pile of dead zombies

-shooting out of cars

-fluid and intuitive melee attack animations

-changing weapon, throwing nades while moving.

-waving/ giving the finger :lol:

unrelated suggestion quickly

Whistling!

could be useful to distract people or find friends. trade off would be drawing nearby zombies B)

great ideas some to add though:

opening backpack

signaling a choppa

climbing stuff

great ideas some to add though:

opening backpack

signaling a choppa

climbing stuff

nice!

smoke signal fires!

climbing would be epic, climbing trees :o

So the standalone has leaked for download on the internet. Rocket and team, you need to get this pulled down. Ive tried contacting you directly with no response.

I don't understand how a server dependent game is played without credentials. Is it not actually server dependent?

Haha I'm ok with turning some people off at first if people do consider waiting. Rocket seems to want it to be that way, I don't mind having a smaller community at first, and it looks like we're all in agreement that people will buy the game eventually anyways.

And I think it has been confirmed that the game will cost less at start, and they will increase the price later on. So even if there are some people who want more, they will still benefit from buying the game right away.

Cheers :)

So the standalone has leaked for download on the internet. Rocket and team, you need to get this pulled down. Ive tried contacting you directly with no response.

If the game has been leaked, Dean and Bohemia already know about it I guess. Nonetheless they should consider releasing the SA before E3 starts. Mainly because they won't show any multiplayer footage anyway. So while Dean and Matt are presenting SA to a major audience some lucky folks can already play and give feedback.

Edited by Rantanplan666

Are you guys talking about the really old build being leaked or the version as of now being leaked? Because they already addressed that a super old version (before Rocket went to Everest) was leaked.

I don't understand how a server dependent game is played without credentials. Is it not actually server dependent?

That's a very good question,

We know its an old build, over 2 months according to Rocket, so all i can think is that it was recorded 2 months ago, and the footage only just got leaked.

If the game has been leaked, Dean and Bohemia already know about it I guess. Nonetheless they should consider releasing the SA before E3 starts. Mainly because they won't show any multiplayer footage anyway. So while Dean and Matt are presenting SA to a major audience some lucky folks can already play and give feedback.

When is E3?

That's a very good question,

We know its an old build, over 2 months according to Rocket, so all i can think is that it was recorded 2 months ago, and the footage only just got leaked.

All the footage must be recent. Some people dowloaded the old version and posted some screenshots in imageboards just last week.

only way we will now if its new or old is when the game is out i did notice in some of the videos it had the new zombie animations so cant be that old