mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

i still remember rocket saying that they might release at december 2012.... april 2013 and the god damn inventory is not even ready.... im sorry but maybe people dont care but my 7-8 friends just said fuck off to this game. as for me idk yet.game seems cool but nothing look new at all...

Funfact: It's still less than one year since the DayZ mod was made public.

• Like 4

i still remember rocket saying that they might release at december 2012.... april 2013 and the god damn inventory is not even ready.... im sorry but maybe people dont care but my 7-8 friends just said fuck off to this game. as for me idk yet.game seems cool but nothing look new at all...

So, if your friends can't have it now they don't want it at all?

I wonder what happens if their dinner is late.

• Like 2

The fanboyism and group think is strong in this thread.

Have a real discussion about the tactics of a companies game release? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Edited by rhinoCRUNCH

Have a real discussion about the tactics of a companies game release? Ain't nobody got time for that.

lol the ego is quite strong in your head

• Like 3

Says the guy with a massively over inflated opinion of himself. Your just a guy that makes videos on youtube, seriously...who gives a shit. And as already mentioned by someone else...you criticise WarZ for being full of bugs because it's rushed out. And now you criticise DayZ because they are taking their time? Laughable.

And do us all a favour, get rid of your attention seeking purple font. It just makes you look like a tool.

• Like 7

Please tell me this dick isn't part of the Youtube/Streamer SA early access brigade?

If he is I can kind of understand his latest posts, I mean come on, all the guy's got is his WarZ schtick, now that is pretty much dead in the water what's left for him?

Please tell me this dick isn't part of the Youtube/Streamer SA early access brigade?

If he is I can kind of understand his latest posts, I mean come on, all the guy's got is his WarZ schtick, now that is pretty much dead in the water what's left for him?

What I'm getting from the tone of his latest posts here is he is throwing a tantrum because he hasn't been invited to take part in the closed alpha and has to wait a couple more months while they work out server issues and create more content while Rocket is away climbing Everest.

I can't understand why even rocket has so high regard for streamers though. with priority on camera modes this and third person is good for streamers that. The day a streamer is considered a more "important" player whose opinions about the actual game design matters more then just a regular player I'm outta here!

EDIT: I'm referring to some stuff Dean said at PAX.

Edited by Terrorviktor

We have plenty of time.

What would you like to discuss? (If I goto sleep, I'm sure others will assist).

I've only skimmed the last couple of pages but the gist I get is that you are unhappy the release date is pushed back? Again as I have said in other posts, when was there ever a firm date? There was Rockets Personal date, where he would have thought he had "failed" if he had not released the game by xxxx (waay back). Nothing official though.

I mean this as a debate, so lets keep it civil folks.

L

I sort of want to talk

We have plenty of time.

What would you like to discuss? (If I goto sleep, I'm sure others will assist).

I've only skimmed the last couple of pages but the gist I get is that you are unhappy the release date is pushed back? Again as I have said in other posts, when was there ever a firm date? There was Rockets Personal date, where he would have thought he had "failed" if he had not released the game by xxxx (waay back). Nothing official though.

I mean this as a debate, so lets keep it civil folks.

L

I want to talk about what the new places for stuff means for the Loot N Scooters (myself among them). I'm not sure if it's a good thing for gameplay, but at least you don't find tidy little piles of glowsticks and food all over the place any more.

Let's face it, if the SA is released too early there will be a shitstorm on this forum, reddit and elsewhere. Some people understand the concept of an Alpha but most don't and by paying for a game they will expect certain things to be right.

If the Devs aren't happy to release their game yet, who are we to jump up and down and demand?

It could be argued that Youtubers have a vested interest in the SA being released as soon as possible regardless whether it is ready or not. Footage of SA gameplay will boost their views massively. More views = more money. Everybody got time for dat!

• Like 5

gameplay, but at least you don't find tidy little piles of glowsticks and food all over the place any more.

...and speaking of tidy little piles, what are the plans for making the inside of buildings look absolutely filthy and germ infested?

If I am goiing to be forced to break and enter a house to look for food, the least you could do is brighten the place up by adding some blood and poop stains left by the previous occupants.

This will only serve to make the place that much more inviting to rummage through, me thinks.

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 1

I hope you all get off DayZ ( and my nuts) with the personal attacks and stop pretending to actually know what Rocket's intentions are from a twitter update, (lol) I will not be watching these forums since its pretty clear that the community has gone south for awhile now with mob mentality group think, conformity, etc etc. Maybe since the WarZ failed or perhaps Redditors came through here or even one of the most popular DayZ Youtubers shows the community its okay to Hack and make videos about it. Regardless, the hyperbole of attacking me personally when I state simple facts like:

You are blinded by the hyper fangirlsm, wake up dudes.

Bohemia only cares what corporations care about: Money. (are you surprised?)

Which includes playing you little DayZ cheerleaders to the bank. (Kickstarter perks bros! get em while their hot!)

Also, if you guys are really mad at me, feel free to rage on this forum more, I assure you I will read your comments and lose sleep over them.

• Like 1

I'll never be able to understand this twisted sense of entitlement, like these motherfuckers OWE you a game NOW, or else. He was hoping for a December release date, and decided it wasn't good enough. And he'll continue pushing it back until it's good enough, so that you and your bitching friends have less to bitch about when you all inevitably buy it (Like we all know you will.) You haven't given them a dime so quit acting like it.

Also, if you guys are really mad at me, feel free to rage on this forum more, I assure you I will read your comments and lose sleep over them.

I'm thinking of sending a horde of sucubii to astrally rape your dumb ass. Infact, I think I might just do that. Don't sleep tonite. :thumbsup:

Also, loose the purple text.

• Like 1

I hope you all get off DayZ ( and my nuts) with the personal attacks and stop pretending to actually know what Rocket's intentions are from a twitter update, (lol) I will not be watching these forums since its pretty clear that the community has gone south for awhile now with mob mentality group think, conformity, etc etc. Maybe since the WarZ failed or perhaps Redditors came through here or even one of the most popular DayZ Youtubers shows the community its okay to Hack and make videos about it. Regardless, the hyperbole of attacking me personally when I state simple facts like:

You are blinded by the hyper fangirlsm, wake up dudes.

Bohemia only cares what corporations care about: Money. (are you surprised?)

Which includes playing you little DayZ cheerleaders to the bank. (Kickstarter perks bros! get em while their hot!)

There are some valid points in this, specifically about the community. Although I think after the SA is released people will calm down and become more civilized. I'd like to think I'm a fan of the game but ultimately my choice to buy the game will come down to the qaulity. If it's good I'll buy it, if it's not I won't. It's really that simple [for me].

• Like 1

The community hasn't gone south in the slightest. People just pay attention to lacking posts in the forums to believe they are somewhat higher than others. There are good, original members that still operate and visit these forums. They are the people I listen to. If you think that you are high and mighty just because the community is getting a slight change in pace, I think you are mistaking.

From here on in, if I hear any posts saying that community is turning bad, I'm flippin' shit.

• Like 7

This thread needs more tissues.

Why do I feel that fits in so well with my name on these forums?
  • Like 2

The community hasn't gone south in the slightest. People just pay attention to lacking posts in the forums to believe they are somewhat higher than others. There are good, original members that still operate and visit these forums. They are the people I listen to. If you think that you are high and mighty just because the community is getting a slight change in pace, I think you are mistaking.

From here on in, if I hear any posts saying that community is turning bad, I'm flippin' shit.

To be brutally honest, these forums are biased towards Rocket/BI. The moderators should use their moderator accounts purely to moderate. At the moment they are used for everything including being pro Rocket/BI. They should use personal accounts for that.

We're in a situation now where the new release is delayed due to the need for the permission of Matt (in this case). Matt is an employee of BI. Both Matt and Rocket (both BI) have the largest say so in anything that happens on these forums and the development of the game. OK, it is a community project, but it's certainly not black and white. Far too much is controlled by BI for this forum to be impartial.

• Like 1

To be brutally honest, these forums are biased towards Rocket/BI. The moderators should use their moderator accounts purely to moderate. At the moment they are used for everything including being pro Rocket/BI. They should use personal accounts for that.

We're in a situation now where the new release is delayed due to the need for the permission of Matt (in this case). Matt is an employee of BI. Both Matt and Rocket (both BI) have the largest say so in anything that happens on these forums and the development of the game. OK, it is a community project, but it's certainly not black and white. Far too much is controlled by BI for this forum to be impartial.

Well inevitably a forum is never going to be completely impartial, the real question is how biased is it? As far as I am aware the moderators do use their power to moderate fairly. I don't really think it's that biased at all people can openly challenge us on things that we haven't done right. Who is claiming that the entire forum is completely impartial?

• Like 5

Well inevitably a forum is never going to be completely impartial, the real question is how biased is it? As far as I am aware the moderators do use their power to moderate fairly. I don't really think it's that biased at all people can openly challenge us on things that we haven't done right. Who is claiming that the entire forum is completely impartial?

I have no problems with a moderator being pro you Matt, I just expect them to use a personal account rather than an official account. A tad more professional don't you think?

EDIT: To clarify it further. A moderator should use their account to uphold the rules of the website, not to comment on non forum based issues. We have developers and DayZ staff members to do that.

Edited by herbster