(I posted this in like July last year:)

Many of the discussions go like this:

Man1: "I hate this new feature"

Man2: "I love this new feature"

Man1: "You're such a fanboy"

Man2: "You're a CoD Kiddie, go back to WoW"

Man1: "Fuck you"

Man2: "I hope you get cancer"

Exactly why we need a place for the community to state what they think is reasonable, and perhaps a way to contribute their skills. It couldn't hurt to have more people available to help develop.

• Like 2

I think the only can we need is a can of "shut the fuck up" because this is getting out of hand.

Greatest first post of all time.

• Like 3

As people have noted, a common reaction to early patches was similar:

And that's why you have to ignore the bashing about the patches. I find it highly idiotic to remove the cans because of an inhibited group of people that get offended by My Little Pony references. If they got offended by zombies would you remove them ?

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 1

WTF is wrong with people ..

HURR FOOD NAME ISNT REALIST HURR I WONT PLAY GAME ANYMORE HURRR

Seriously...it's a game..no need to hotfix these sort of things because of of whiners ..i find it fun personaly..

• Like 3

And that's why you have to ignore the bashing about the patches. I find it highly idiotic to remove the cans because of an inhibited group of people that get offended by My Little Pony references. If they got offended by zombies would you remove them ?

I'm pretty pissed I can't take a nap =| Why the hell does my guy never sleep?

• Like 2

Good thing I'm not on the Mod Dev team. If I put in the hours, then tough. Good ideas are just ideas until you put in the effort to make them real.

That is, of course, -after- clubbing said baby seals. For Rocket's Sealskin Boots (+5 on stealthy rolls).

EDIT: I didn't head warning of not talking about "them". Will not speak of again!

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

As people have noted, a common reaction to early patches was similar:

The human condition man.

Thousands of years of the same shit, not gonna change about anything, ever.

Must thank you while I have the chance, you and your team have done a favor to the gaming community.

many thanks from the united States :D

How many times do I need to say, the can issue is just the flashpoint - the cause is the communication and systemic issues. This is what matters. It will be addressed. Until then, supporters/detractors - GO CLUB SOME SEALS

• Like 3

How many times do I need to say, the can issue is just the flashpoint - the cause is the communication and systemic issues. This is what matters. It will be addressed. Until then, supporters/detractors - GO CLUB SOME SEALS

Okay, then... I'll just uhh, be going.

*grabs club and walks out door*

Fuck me i had to take a double take there, i thought i wandered into another community (That i shall not name). Is this for real, people need to take a step back an understand its just a Mod and if not for the community members working on it in their own time nothing would have advanced in the development or progress of this mod..

I see having a sense of humor is even more dangerious than the apocalypse itself.... Time to stomp my feet till i get what i want, the only action in this situation is a boot to the rearend. *Just shakes head* This is just ridiculous.

So now i may never get my hands on "Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins" that secret recipe of his was so close i could almost taste them..............

I'm going to tell PETA what you said, then you'll be sorry! :P

So the issue is...it wasn't planned correctly. So how exactly can it be? Stick to more "likely and realistic" themes? I thought pretty much all the cans seemed fine, sure maybe canned muffins is a little odd, but hell. I wonder what the next step shall be.

I can't even believe this is a thing. It's embarrassing that Dean even had to come and address this "issue."

THEY ARE EFFIN CANS. Good jesus lord. WHO CARES?

• Like 6

I can't even believe this is a thing. It's embarrassing that Dean even had to come and address this "issue."

THEY ARE EFFIN CANS. Good jesus lord. WHO CARES?

Yeah but it ruins people's immersion in a REALISTIC zombie apocalypse because zombies are a real and present threat in todays socialeconomic climate...yeah okay no idea what I just said.

• Like 1

Thanks Rocketman, we have indeed lost sight of the higher road.

New clothing for next update; Rocket's Sealskin Boots. Reduces noise when walking on pavement.

plays the sound of a crying kid at any step.

Exactly why we need a place for the community to state what they think is reasonable, and perhaps a way to contribute their skills. It couldn't hurt to have more people available to help develop.

Being reasonable on the internet rarely happens, it would be great if this led to a reasonable discussion from all parties that resulted in a fair outcome all parties agreed on. But that is like asking for a clean divorce, sure it happens but it is rare.

On a related note I believe I have a cute aquatic mammal to slaughter with my new club.

Russian Revolution - 1917

rev1_zps8941be19.jpg

Student protest in Tiananmen Square - 1989

rev2_zpsd8ef4c05.jpg

DayZ fans protest over some tin cans - 2013

rev3_zps02306015.jpg

xD +1

• Like 1

SNIP

Sure looks like you read the OP eh? Nice work, pal.

• Like 5

It's not about cans or ponies. it's about a group of people in this forum, believing that what happens here represents the majority of all dayZ fans, and a group of people at /r/dayz who believe what happens there represents the majority.

Instead of pointing fingers and telling the others what they are supposed to want, to fit in the own image of a bad boy, we might just try to listen to arguments of others, trying to understand what they are about. In my experience, most of the times, both parties find out that they actually want the same thing.

The good thing is, we might get an improved method of working together out of it.. let's hope that the whole mess was at least good for something.

Can't wait for the day when 10 000 kiddies on reddit will whine over something else, like pvp and want it removed.

It's a shame that few people disinformed can affect the dev.

Give our cans back !!!

10.000 are a few and 200 are the majority?!?

do you grasp the concepts of community and democracy? Is there reason to be concerned?

I hope you understand that things exactly like those are the reason why so many people are pissed off. I'm following reddit and the forum for a while now, but no one there ever dared to talk about anyone in the forum or the dev team in the way many people here talk about the reddit-part of the community.

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 6