rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

SNIP

Wow, wow, wow. Who called the 19th century priest ?

Edited by LVG
Removed his post so to remove attention i've edited the post

Narrow minded bullshit

Edit: guy went full homophobe and had the post rightfully taken down. Beyond that it was a perfect illustration of both not understanding how the decision was made (which is understandable) while also overreacting and lashing out like neanderthal. Glad to see it was pulled.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Thank you for listening to the community. We are grateful for your talented work and the outstanding efforts you put into this amazing mod. I'll buy the standalone version and I'll encourage everyone around me to do so.

Long Live DayZ !

• Like 1

It's not about cans or ponies. it's about a group of people in this forum, believing that what happens here represents the majority of all dayZ fans, and a group of people at /r/dayz who believe what happens there represents the majority.

Instead of pointing fingers and telling the others what they are supposed to want, to fit in the own image of a bad boy, we might just try to listen to arguments of others, trying to understand what they are about. In my experience, most of the times, both parties find out that they actually want the same thing.

The good thing is, we might get an improved method of working together out of it.. let's hope that the whole mess was at least good for something.

The only way is : knowing what you speak about.

When lots of people are bitching but don't have test the thing what they speak about.

For this case, reddit was pure disinformation. And it wins. Shame end.

Protesting for this it's totally useless. Okay 20+ cans it's maybe too many but 6-10 why not.

Good luck with this community... Im waiting Dayz SA with impatience.

It's not about cans or ponies. it's about a group of people in this forum, believing that what happens here represents the majority of all dayZ fans, and a group of people at /r/dayz who believe what happens there represents the majority.

Instead of pointing fingers and telling the others what they are supposed to want, to fit in the own image of a bad boy, we might just try to listen to arguments of others, trying to understand what they are about. In my experience, most of the times, both parties find out that they actually want the same thing.

The good thing is, we might get an improved method of working together out of it.. let's hope that the whole mess was at least good for something.

you deserve to be mentioned as a very value participant of the recent "yes we CAN"-affair. KUDOS AND BEANS!

• Like 1

I just like to play the game and can't wait for stand alone whats the problem ?

Edited by Oxside

The only way is : knowing what you speak about.

When lots of people are bitching but don't have test the thing what they speak about.

For this case, reddit was pure disinformation. And it wins. Shame end.

Who wins what? who missinformed whom?

If you say that there were only wrong information on reddit, it gotta be someones fault that the correct information didn't make it there.

I personally read reddit, twitter and tumblr every day and the forum 2-3x a week, as there isn't that much new content announced lately.

I didn't get any information about there even being plans of including cans to honor anyone, before the mod was released.

In my opinion, you are right saying that it was a matter of misinformation. But it wasn't that "the reddit community spread wrong information", it was that the correct information wasn't avaliable to them in the first place.

That's the issue that's to be addressed, not the fact that they made wrong decisions out of having the wrong facts. Everyone makes wrong decisions, given the wrong facts.

It cannot be, that one part of the community just ignores another part. No matter if one part is larger or smaller or more or less involved. The important aspect of a community build in my opinion is, that everyone can express his wishes and concerns. The goal is therefor to enable that for the future. not to evaluate who won. Today, we all lost.

• Like 3

So now its a declaration of war against "Bronies" some much fail in that post its just laughable.

Forget the seals rise up with your clubs and take action against the terror that is my little pony.. lol

But there is a market for horse meat at the moment... Mmmmmmmmmmm

i would reply.... But a certain moderator penalized me for having a foul mouthed opinion. Which is totally dumb because people use slander and profanity on these forums all the time. It's dumb that I got in trouble for pissing off some moderator who's probably a brony himself.
  • Like 1

Who wins what? who missinformed whom?

If you say that there were only wrong information on reddit, it gotta be someones fault that the correct information didn't make it there.

I personally read reddit, twitter and tumblr every day and the forum 2-3x a week, as there isn't that much new content announced lately.

I didn't get any information about there even being plans of including cans to honor anyone, before the mod was released.

In my opinion, you are right saying that it was a matter of misinformation. But it wasn't that "the reddit community spread wrong information", it was that the correct information wasn't avaliable to them in the first place.

That's the issue that's to be addressed, not the fact that they made wrong decisions out of having the wrong facts. Everyone makes wrong decisions, given the wrong facts.

It cannot be, that one part of the community just ignores another part. No matter if one part is larger or smaller or more or less involved. The important aspect of a community build in my opinion is, that everyone can express his wishes and concerns. The goal is therefor to enable that for the future. not to evaluate who won. Today, we all lost.

Try to play the update and test things by your self before spreading the whine everywhere.

It's something basic. You can't shit on something you don't know.

Edit : everyone who have play the stuff have seen that the names only apperas in the description. Speaking of "raping my immersion" and spreading it without have seen the stuff is very stupid.

Edited by LordGoF
  • Like 1

HELP ME! Th Seal is clubbing me to death! rocket what have you done!

seriously though, i don't really like the new cans, but they don destroy the game, either

Honestly This Whole Can Debate is the most stupid thing i have Seen in along time

I mean everyone is agaisnt eachother over Bloody Beans.. Granted Beans are the Best, But seriously, is it such a big thing to have a little easter-Egg for moderators and staff to get something in-game as a thank you for the work they do.

This shows the Worst of the community in my opinion. i understand people wanting all the ultra realism, But Your talking about a game where you can Find a Billion AS50's around the place.

Where Choppers Explode the second they touch the water, Where you get killed for going prone around some tree's, where someone can shoot you in your little toe with a Gun and you can die instantly.

Are Food and drink items with Staff names on it really the end of the world....

Now back to the baby Seal.

• Like 2

i would like to know what would have happend with a can of let's say "Hello Kitty catfood in a can" - interesting, interesting indeed

I just found the whole "singling a certain group" thing to be very over the top. We should be noted and commented on for our work and input, not what we like or enjoy, that shouldn't be brought into the equation at all and last night upset me alot.

I have read both sides of the story back to front and i still have not slept, i understand that some people were a little sensitive over my idea for canned muffins and i apologize for that, but i actually do really like muffins and i thought it would just add a little more colour, i mean sardines... we can do better!

In the end i would like this issue to be addressed properly and maturely and i support whatever outcome is chosen, we all put alot of time and work in for you guys and i know you all appreciate it, but please don't bring my likes and hobbies into arguments where it just isn't necessary to, i am only human like the rest of you and i do have emotions, lets respect each other as you as an individual would like to be respected because in the end we all share one common hobby.... DayZ.

Yours

Derpy Hooves.

The second I read the patchnotes and saw the muffins part, It just looked so epic. Wish people didn't made a shitstorm, I would gladly munch my baked muffins while re-watching season 1 with my squad, we all went and looked for the cans everywhere xD. /), from us.

I'm disappointed to hear they've been removed, I was looking forward to trying to find them... another cool thing to do in game.

Besides... canned muffins sounds awesome.

Server admins can still add them to the lootable. The new food is still in the dB but it's removed from the loot tables. Plus you can find servers that do not run the hotfix.

I bet the whole "immersion" argument is going to come back and bite everyone in the ass.

i mean justice is done and everyone's happy. the ones that don't like it got their fix. the rest can use the inital update so win-win AND good that we now know of this community-related issue BEFORE THE SA release...

Edited by joe_mcentire

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MHB79BM

Here is a link to a survey I already posted on the forums here. I already have 500 respondents (aiming for 1000) And a little over half are from here, a little under half from reddit, and the rest from 4chan and opendayz. Please give HONEST input and be brutal. I want the community to see what the breakdown of like/dislike is and get a good idea of overall satisfaction! Make your voices heard in an unbiased manner!

• Like 4

So, can we please stop clubbing each other to death over this for the moment? There are plenty of other things to club to death, like baby seals for instance.

Here is a club:

post-199-0-87576200-1361892955_thumb.jpg

and a baby seal:

post-199-0-45933400-1361892948_thumb.jpg

Enjoy

I really dont like this idea...

• Like 8

found this on reddit:

They should put a billboard of missing people like the one in 28 Days Later and have pictures of the mods they want to pay homage to alongside whoever else (others just fictional messages), I think that'd be a cool way to do it without breaking immersion even if you are aware they're real people.

well i think that would be nice to see then...

I really dont like this idea...

you don't understand the depth of this post. it's like the dayz-experience: we have the choice. club the baby seal to death or just cuddle with it..

I seriously feel the negative reaction was incredibly fucking stupid.

I saw a post that, when summed up, had a brilliant point:

There are so many crazy things that make no sense in the mod such as being able to carry enough tires to fit out a car in your backpack, or the fact that zombies walk through walls​, yet everyone has decided that the one thing that they simply cannot stand is something that does not actually impact gameplay at all, it is simply a homage to the people tasked with cleaning up OUR shit day in and day out. Some people were actually accusing the mods of being egotistical, even though they had no part in creating or getting them added into the game, so even the mods who were fine with removed them were offended.

There wasn't even an attempt at a compromise. I'm entirely for the cans staying in the game, but I'd still like to be fair and at least suggest they are changed into rares, like the Mountain Dew. Honestly, it's just a case of a few individuals taking a shit in the metaphorical sandbox because someone else got a better looking bucket than them, and it's very childish and disappointing.

In short: :emptycan: times infuckingfinity.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 4