rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

Go back to page one and read from there.

---------------------------------------------- --- --- -- -- -- - --

I'm just posting pictures of cans now :D

I'm honestly baffled why people (including moderators) are still harping on about cans. Anyone who think the issues were about cans has the mental depth of the shallow end of a kiddies pool.

really? i guess for about 10% it was more than cans. but save your other "shallow" statement.

Nice arguments. Very constructive and accurate.

You forgot to quote all the parts where I'm legitimately making fun of 'immersion' people. Nice try though ;)

Go back to page one and read from there.

---------------------------------------------- --- --- -- -- -- - --

I'm just posting pictures of cans now :D

ADHD version. There's nothing of interest on the first page.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain for a retard like me what this is actually about? I don't get what Rocket is trying to say here?

That we are all just talking shit and we should just get over it. I agree.

Prequel:

after a furious inferno of "what have you done" and "how dare you to criticize" rants by large parts of the community, Razor pulled back changes to calm parts of the community, infuriating others. Rocket aided to the help of the few asking themselves what the fuck was going on, by telling everyone to calm down, and slap seals instead of eachother, as he sees it an issue of miscommunication within the community.

this thread:

The community doing the walk of shame, where some already try to get rid of their guilt while others still throw some final punches, but all in all, people try to grow back towards each other again, and leave "the can incident" behind.

this has to find its way into the SA - a burned down tin can factory!

Like people wouldn't complain about the robbed opportunity to burn it down themselves.

• Like 3

That we are all just talking shit and we should just get over it. I agree.

And that the deeper issues need to be further discussed and resolved. >__>

Deeper issues regarding a video game. Yeah, earth shattering stuff i'm sure.

I am over this. I never want to see a soda can again.

Deeper issues regarding a video game. Yeah, earth shattering stuff i'm sure.

I am over this. I never want to see a soda can again.

Regarding a development team and the various communities that partake. Way to be narrow bud.

Forgive me if my narrow mindedness thinks of other issues first, but i get your point.

Sorry

That's all rhinoCRUNCH seems to know how to actually do. If you noticed he doesn't actually contribute anything to this whole topic other than complaing about the people who disagree.

He's making random statements saying that those of us who disagree are jealous and envious of the mods because he has no real arguement.

It's funny yet sad how he thinks everything he says is valid because he makes youtube videos and he is catering to the majority for more internet popularity and views on youtube because it's apparent that's all he's got going for him.

Thats a Funny statement coming from the Guy who started the Can-bashing threads on Reddit.

Was the Karma Worth it Bro ?

Forgive me if my narrow mindedness thinks of other issues first, but i get your point.

Sorry

It's all good, and I don't mean to sound harsh if I do but the lack of, more open, organized communication between the developers and community has been a problem for quite some time and it's actually nice to see it come to a head. If it doesn't get resolved now, it's only likely that it will get worse as stand alone comes into play. We'll not only have the various communities arguing over what should happen with the mod, but what should happen with standalone, and numerous standalone vs mod arguments are going to abound. We all just want to have fun, but everyone has their own opinion on what fun is. Some people love immersion and realism, others love the goofy glitches. Some people play to survive, and some to make it more difficult for others to survive. They play the game for fun, or for something they're missing in real life. There's just so many variables at play in the communities, and it's hard to have a discussion without finger pointing over what variables should be considered, what need to be considered, and what should be ignored. The long and short of it is, each community, each person has their own idea of what the game should be, and that seems to be, at times, at odds with what the development team has in mind. With issues like food or drink, perhaps we need a way for people to upload their own on their private hives, or edit the items client side so that they see cans of beans as cans of cats or, w/e else gets their jollies off. Maybe, as a whole community, we should support the fixing of issues over adding any new content or features and proceed from there.

• Like 5

It's all good, and I don't mean to sound harsh if I do but the lack of, more open, organized communication between the developers and community has been a problem for quite some time and it's actually nice to see it come to a head. If it doesn't get resolved now, it's only likely that it will get worse as stand alone comes into play. We'll not only have the various communities arguing over what should happen with the mod, but what should happen with standalone, and numerous standalone vs mod arguments are going to abound. We all just want to have fun, but everyone has their own opinion on what fun is. Some people love immersion and realism, others love the goofy glitches. Some people play to survive, and some to make it more difficult for others to survive. They play the game for fun, or for something they're missing in real life. There's just so many variables at play in the communities, and it's hard to have a discussion without finger pointing over what variables should be considered, what need to be considered, and what should be ignored. The long and short of it is, each community, each person has their own idea of what the game should be, and that seems to be, at times, at odds with what the development team has in mind. With issues like food or drink, perhaps we need a way for people to upload their own on their private hives, or edit the items client side so that they see cans of beans as cans of cats or, w/e else gets their jollies off. Maybe, as a whole community, we should support the fixing of issues over adding any new content or features and proceed from there.

Well said

Thats a Funny statement coming from the Guy who started the Can-bashing threads on Reddit.

Was the Karma Worth it Bro ?

Yes, don't forget I also started the first can bashing thread here too!

Edited by NewClearWinter

Yes, don't forget I also started the first can bashing thread here too!

Hello, Winter. Wanna have a second round with me ? You got what you want, no go enjoy your patch.

Hello, Winter. Wanna have a second round with me ? You got what you want, no go enjoy your patch.

Lol. A second round with you? You say that like you think you're intimidating or something. Like I said earlier you act like the 5th grader who thinks he's king of the playground. It's cute. Keep going.

And yes I did get what I want and I am content and thankful for the change but theres still a bigger issue as mentioned by Rocket which I'd still like to follow.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 2

4 srs, 4 intranets srs, let's stop the fighting with each other, and fight together for better DayZ ahead.

• Like 1

Lol. A second round with you? You say that like you think you're intimidating or something. Like I said earlier you act like the 5th grader who thinks he's king of the playground. It's cute. Keep going.

And yes I did get what I want and I am content and thankful for the change but theres still a bigger issue as mentioned by Rocket which I'd still like to follow.

That's what i'm trying to avoid :D. Because you are such and "argument constructor". :rolleyes:

That's what i'm trying to avoid :D. Because you are such and "argument constructor". :rolleyes:

What? I don't actually understand what you said.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 1

What? I don't actually understand what you said.

Both of you quit it now, don't reply to each other simple as that.

.... You all sound like the fucking war z community. Cans? No Cans? who cares, Stop being dickbags to eachother.

because this guy is bang on the money.

Personally, I liked the new cans and stuff - and I'm especially going to miss Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins now they're gone. And I consider myself one of the more serious players, in that I want DayZ to take its cues from Dawn of the Dead and The Road rather than Zombieland.

But if the community wants beans and sardines instead, who am I to argue? I suppose ultimately it's a good thing the devs are listening.

• Like 2

Perhaps we should have a round table once a month, where community managers from the various places DayZ fans reside can condense the opinions and concerns into something deliverable to the developers, and have them respond, making sure every community is equally voiced and the communities and know what to expect. Perhaps if it's successful, do some sort of streaming of this round table every other month so the community members can participate, to an extent, as individuals. Perhaps more efforts should be made, by respective community managers, to find members to help expand on the development team to help get the major issues handled a bit faster, and each community can get content relative to them. We need to start somewhere folks, and tearing each other down isn't going to help us build up DayZ, and makes us no better than the zombies we slaughter.

• Like 2