griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

I actually love Rockets enthusiasm that comes across, it’s not a developers trying to trick us by showing stuff a certain way or give us false suggestions. Just a very rough ( and I say that with respect) Blog.

It’s honest and that’s what I like. My only negative is those walkways over the swamps. They look geared for game play over what you’d find in real life. If a place need one walkway in real life that’s all they will build not four walkways running parallel. It kind of has a artificialness of a Galf course if you ask me. I prefer to keep it as real world as you can and let the players just cope with how it plays out. It’s a bit like positioning a building to be a good sniper point when in real life there would be no call for it to be there and no sense if you get me.

Great the clothing all the same as all I can do is watch streams just now with my 2004 PC still being used till my new Rig later in the year. My point being in the streams everyone can look the same. Now a player can shout “You in the red cap”

It’s all good. I’ve nearly given up watching DayZ by some streamers as they are getting targeted by hackers and this needs seriously addressed.

• Like 2

Looks great, can't wait to see the rest of the features :beans:

Excellent video guys, the game is looking fantastic worth the wait for sure. Love how they've included pictures from the Just saw Rocket again thread made me LOL to see my Rocket Skywalker picture in there, it's also on the Eurogamer article page amazing =). Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next vid hopefully get a peak at the Zeds.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-05-dayz-standalone-the-first-and-extended-gameplay-video-footage

Edited by vandal gab

Looking AWESOM-O. Loving the sky, wrecks and building interiors. Can't wait to see what you guys are going to do with upping the Zed threat, that will be the main point of interest for me. But man am I going to have to push that gamma slider right up if it stays that dim... not a big deal for most people but when you have retinal occlusion like I have, dim screens are very hard to see, like wearing sunglasses at night.

Very exciting to see it coming together. I love the clothing system and the ability to utilize pockets etc. The addition of Utes and the swamp are sensational. Cant wait to see more.

Stat-tracking, at least in my opinion, would be a stellar idea to add to the Start Menu. I have always liked the ability to receive everything you want from just opening up your game and not having to go on the forums and ask a developer to track it for you.

I think if I had the very few complaints that I would have, is that I would prefer 'Settings' instead of Configure. Also, that font looks kind of ugly, but if Rocket thinks it will immerse us, I do not mind it!

i wonder if shoes start to squeak while walking when getting wet in water :-}

would be fun if you have to turn of your wet shoes when sneaking towards an enemy xD

except rubber boots of course^^

edit: you can dry it with a camp fire of course to not get sick of wet and cold feet ;)

Edited by siew

this vid is like a VERY hot naked woman behind and inch of glass-

Love seeing it, but all it really dose is make me want to play with it when i can't

• Like 2

The game looks awesome so far, but what about the requeriments to run it? are you still thinking that they will be the same ones needed to run Arma II as they mentioned a few months ago?

The game looks awesome so far, but what about the requeriments to run it? are you still thinking that they will be the same ones needed to run Arma II as they mentioned a few months ago?

AFAIK the specs are still the same.

L

• Like 1

AFAIK the specs are still the same.

L

L? What happened to Regards, orlok?

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?!

• Like 2

L? What happened to Regards, orlok?

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?!

Ask Inception, Orlok and co have not been the same since being in his shower. (We know everything Orlok)

• Like 3

Ask Inception, Orlok and co have not been the same since being in his shower. (We know everything Orlok)

please..no details

• Like 1

The idea with swamp are so extremly brilliant! I suggest to make big swamp somewhere in the middle of the main map and make it a very bad and dark place! Kind a point of disease where zombies are more powerfull, place where a lot of infections around, and ofcourse with some rare loot! But it must be really impossible to survive there ... to exclude mass of people there) Maybe i'm wrong ... and maybe not :murder:

Hello there

Damn I ran out of beans, so sorry for those I missed.

Us mods have been "bonding" especially in the steam chat, it's true. Whilst my eyes have been opened to some new *experiences* I'm still fundamentally the same bloke. (if a little sore).

Now get back on topic you silly goblins.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Hello there

Damn I ran out of beans, so sorry for those I missed.

Us mods have been "bonding" especially in the steam chat, it's true. Whilst my eyes have been opened to some new *experiences* I'm still fundamentally the same bloke. (if a little sore).

Now get back on topic you silly goblins.

Rgds

LoK

Eldar Harlequins, Not, Goblins

Awesome video guys! Really looking forward to Dayz now!

One thing Im sure yuo are aware of.. Lets get that 3rd person camera fixed so when you are in a house and start panning around the camera the roof doesnt disappear so you can see outside.. =)

Edited by opethZ

c895a428ad46d4b016c32897b169b3bf.gif

Now I watched this more closely and I see that there's little animation taken off comparing to Arma 2? If I remember right the legs move when you turn like that.

I now tested and I remembered wrong.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Very nice.

Also the new engine version shows just how important lighting is for the look and feel of a game. You can tell that a lot of the models and textures are still more or less the same but they look a lot more realistic thanks to lighting.

I also like how the clothing will work aswell as the new ideas for spawning.

Really looking forward to starting to play anytime this year.

I just have one request for the next Vidblog:

Please switch off the Motionblur effects. I get serious Motionsickness and Dizzyness from it. It's even worse when watching a vid than when actually playing myself with it enabled. I would really appreciate that.

• Like 4

Yeah Rocket take the motion blur and head bob off in the next video. That because we can see how the game is without them.