griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

ok well this settles it..

3rd person needs to stay in..

cuz that 1st person view was holy shit unwatchable, instantly gave me motion sikness and headache. its widly blurry/twitchy yet the 3rd person was smooth as a baby' ass.

DO NOT REMOVE 3rd person. seriously...

oh and i'll stand by what ive been saying for months dayz SA not until June. this thing aint even close to shipping soon.

keep them addon maps coming boys, looks like were gunna need em to keep the mod interesting.

• Like 1

You can turn head-bob off...rocket kept it on...kept it on high. Moving around with head-bob off is fine.

• Like 1

You can turn head-bob off...rocket kept it on...kept it on high. Moving around with head-bob off is fine.

There is also now an FOV slider I see, thankgod.

• Like 5

It's crazy that people can glide around all day. I wish I could glide around and turn my head bob off in real life. *sarcasm*

But yeah, like Griff says, you can see it in the options menu. I think that 3rd person allows people to cheat in combat a little too much.

• Like 1

YES, yes, 1000 times yes! That was the only thing I dislike about 1st person PoV

Holy Freaking Crap ... this looks amazing ... it's like a Survival Realistic Zombie Themed Skyrim ... I'm so buying this game ...

A hastle free solution for the mod, simply double tap " - " (minus) on the num pad (it toggles "zoom out"), instant wider FOV! But yes, the more options the better, I was also interest to see there may be more detailed graphics options.

A hastle free solution for the mod, simply double tap " - " (minus) on the num pad (it toggles "zoom out"), instant wider FOV! But yes, the more options the better, I was also interest to see there may be more detailed graphics options.

That makes everything look awful, at least on my screen.

• Like 3

I am now wishing for the standalone game even more. I just hope people wont be killing me for the hat/gasmask/sun glasses/cargo pants(warz nod) i got because it looks cool.

Edited by RepoCult

It's crazy that people can glide around all day. I wish I could glide around and turn my head bob off in real life. *sarcasm*

Head bob is a ridiculous concept to begin with; our spines are flexible, our heads independent from the rest of our bodies. What vision-centric animal can you think of that loses visual acuity while running? None. Animals like rhinos can't see shit anyhow, but you'd better believe that any predators that got all fucking blurry when they ran were edged out eons ago. How would you persue prey if this were the case? Does your vision shake and blur when you run? Mine doesn't.

Head bob is to FPSs what 30lb axes are to RPGs; a gross misunderstanding pushed along by institutional inertia.

[edit] Just sprinted down the hall; no perceptible head bob, certainly no blurring. Either my head is bobbing so little that it's irellevant, or my brain has developed to filter out the motion.

Now about that stupid corsshair bobble in the prone....

Edited by 032125
  • Like 5

Head bob is a ridiculous concept to begin with; our spines are flexible, our heads independent from the rest of our bodies. What vision-centric animal can you think of that loses visual acuity while running? None. Animals like rhinos can't see shit anyhow, but you'd better believe that any predators that got all fucking blurry when they ran were edged out eons ago. How would you persue prey if this were the case? Does your vision shake and blur when you run? Mine doesn't.

Head bob is to FPSs what 30lb axes are to RPGs; a gross misunderstanding pushed along by institutional inertia.

Maybe you just can't run fast enough to notice the effect.

It may be slightly over done in the game but when I'm at full sprint during college track practice/meets, I do notice a similar effect. Maybe not to the same extreme as in game but it is apparent. Blurring effect is definitely there but the "wobble" effect not so much. I feel it is more of a "bobbing" effect when at full sprint, I feel the game shifts the image too much from side to side.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 2

yeah exactly ... I hope if you change it, it wont reflect in mildots on sniper rifles as it does in dayz mod

• Like 2

There is going to be a lot of underpants banditry

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Rocket and co, had better start getting used to the success that is coming their way. lots of success.

Well done and more to the point, thank you very much.

• Like 1

Dat swamp.

I'm lovin the fact Utes has been added too. I'd just like to correct though and say that it was suggested on these forums long be fore 4chan. Much love.

Lovin the update, loads to look forward to already. Nice one guys.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

they added the SWAMP!! HELL YEAH....please just a tiny little bit more trees, and more "wildness" in that area and maybe less "paved" paths. hope to lick some toads there, get swarmed by an *ss full of flies and dragonflies!

the scavenge part will hopefully add a new layer of depth...looks neat as well. what i would love to see in addition in later builds are props like puppets, hung ppl, broken furniture lying around, just some more despair, not everywhere but at some places...e.g. hospitals i could imagine.

Edited by joe_mcentire

I hope we will be able to disable motion blur too without disabling post processing entirely.

• Like 4

They added Utes! I've been looking forward to something like that for a long time!