mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Soon as we are done :-) if i give a date and miss it everyone will send more hate mail :-)

Rule #1 Don't ask for due dates.

Rule #2 NEVER about fight club.

Loving the new update. To the people complaining that it's too hard, deal with it.

This is what a zombie game should be like. Now you have to take your time when looting instead of running in and running out.

The zombies are quite buggy though which definitely needs fixing ASAP. Other than that, amazing patch.

They spawn insanely. Too quickly and too close.

absolutely

I would also know why the developers pushed this mod to player vs environment and not player vs player if now, when you talk to someone in side chat and ask if he's friendly,zombies can hear you. This push players to do not talk anymore and to kill each other.

• Like 1

Soon as we are done :-) if i give a date and miss it everyone will send more hate mail :-)

Understood. Thanks for your work!

You should also do some modelling and add a CCO sight/ front iron sight for the crossbow. I already learned how to zero with the current "scope", up to 150 meters, but it's terrible. I remember when I missed all the shots.

* [uPDATED] - Backpacks updated

Backpacks now convert G36 to Makarov upon logout.

LOL

No more zombie-logging, added Sa-58, added MH-6, removed peripheral dots = If this patch were a dream it would be wet.

It's so hot in here.

Sick patch, cheers!

i really prefer zombies as they are now, they agro more but are easier to shoot. also they seem more predictable and ive found to be easy to avoid them while sneaking.

the only thing is that since most towns have an open field around them its pretty easy for another player to spot you sneaking inside. also the thing with how the zombies spawn (that and no hackers is why i really want the stand alone, i see hackers on everyserver every single day). but i guess if third person was scrachted off would be harder for bandits to have vision across a huge area, like it is now.

another thing, was the bug on elektro hospital fixed? ive been completely avoiding that since i saw a few people exploiting it a while ago.

but overall i really liked the changes to the zombies in this latest patch, good work!

• Like 1

Just my thoughts on 1.7.5.1 (despite what maybe already mentioned on the last 40 pages):

If you make Zombie hearing more realistic, then please also make spawn rate more realistic. There can't be a thousand Zombies in and around a single Factory located at the countryside. At some point there is a pile of zombies, and they just keep coming and coming from god knows where... right now it's a bit silly. Sorry.

But that would be about all that i have to complain about. I like boiling water, i like the new weapons, i like that zombies now spawn when inside a vehicle and can also damage it, i like the higher infection chances... :D

But PLEASE Fix the Zombies, thanks for all the hard work!

• Like 3

New update is superb, zed spawning rate is insane in a good way, but way too fast.

Edited by Teme007

Is there any news about the updated loot tables??

I am so sick of it to finaly manage to get to the airfield baracks alive and find nothing valuable inside except for empty cans and trash.Supermarket do not spawn any gear of value anymore.All i see is watches and empty cans.

<--- Agree with the above poster.

Supermarkets prior to this patch were the best place for getting an Alice pack. Unfortunately they now only spawn packs with a max of 12 slots. Now they're only really good for getting drinks cans because having to use water bottles, empty cans & fires is a PITA.

80L+ backpacks are common in city center outdoors shops and even some of the bigger supermarkets, so no idea why the Alice pack was nerfed and removed from the supermarket/civilian loot table.

What I'm worried about with the patch is that the developers are maybe changing things purely for the sake of change rather than the good of the game. How about getting some feedback from players before implementing changes that are obviously pissing a lot of people off. Also, how about communicating a bit more about the changes, one line patch note descriptions for some quite drastic changes are really not good enough.

It's better to admit mistakes than to be obstinate.

I've been finding plenty of alice and czech-packs, with the addition of british assault packs. Maybe you've been unlucky.

Alicepacks were "nerfed" because the model is smaller then chech-pack. Both are really easy to find still. I don't see any reason why you complain :|

Agreed on the backpacks. I've found more coyote backpacks since this update than I've seen in 2 months playing.

As far as I've seen 16+ slot backpacks only spawn in military buildings. I've only seen Czech and Alice packs (which both spawned in supermarkets) in military locations.

Agreed on the backpacks. I've found more coyote backpacks since this update than I've seen in 2 months playing.

I think you'll find that's the RNG, not the update. There is a 0.19% chance of the Coyote or Czeck spawning within a deerstand (assuming spawn occurs) and a 0.11% chance in the barracks (again assuming a spawn occurs)

Edited by herbster

I've been finding plenty of alice and czech-packs, with the addition of british assault packs. Maybe you've been unlucky.

Alicepacks were "nerfed" because the model is smaller then chech-pack. Both are really easy to find still. I don't see any reason why you complain :|

Erm, the Czech backpack was changed to 24 slots, and therefore higher than the pre-nerf Alice pack. Maybe they should have kept the Alice Pack as was stat wise, but reduced the spawn rate. Then they wouldn't have had the quite valid complaints about people losing items out of their Alice Packs due to the update.

still looking for the scroll lock...

its the key with scroll lock on it on a mac keyboard its F14 if you have it if not its Fn + Shift + F12

Edited by AmberHelios

any chance on releasing the 1.7.5.2 hotfix just to fix some of the zombie crap...and save some of the other open issues for .3+ or 1.7.6?

* [NEW] - Zeds now have the ability to damage vehicles. This is limited to glass only once glass is destroyed players within will be damaged.

* [NEW] - Zeds now have the ability to pull you from open vehicles.

I don't like this as it's working now. The glass is getting destroyed instantly, and I'm getting dragged out after 2-3 hits, and I've died 3 times within 2 hours cuz of zombies dragging me out of the vehicle while I drive in 80-100. -_-

This feature has yet too much bugs and I'll probably rollback this update on my server ONLY because of this...... Otherwise the update is awesome.

>"* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now."

LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

The new zombie hearing is good, i love it. The only thing i get pissed about are the buggy zombies. I can live with the fact zombies agro on you faster, but now thwy are way to aggressive. If had it plenty of times that they just run trough walls, bushes, they are hidden in hay bales and the they run out into you BAM legs broken and passed out.. So keep the zombie hearing but fix its buggyness.

Also one other thing. Zombies hitting trough windows of vehicles, breaking them, makes it impossible to keep a helicopter.. It is nearly impossible to take off because before the engine is warmed up and fully flyable you are pulled out or knocked out by a ton of zombies. Also if you succeed to get up in the air, at least one or 2 windows are going to be damaged. I can live with that, but when a server restarts and a window on your chopper is busted the whole chopper condition turns orange and it will run out of fuel because a chopper needs to be full green to refuel after restart. So if you keep this kind of zombie hitting in vehicles. Pleas fix the chopper bugs that it leeks fuel when orange and such.

• Like 2