mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

I'm sorry, but what else am I suppose to do when each building spawns 3-6 zeds and they all are sprinting / clipping through walls / knocking out / breaking your legs super zombies that you can't run through and each have like 4k blood? The only option is a) Die which is extremely frustrating and game-breaking B) relog to lose aggro.

I don't even want to play Chernaus since the new update and have only been playing the other mods. Until they remove zeds breaking your legs and knocking you out, lower their blood a bit or make ammo more common (they made ammo less common) and make them less glitchy where they can clip and hit you through walls I wont be playing it anytime soon. They took the zeds from annoying super zombies to really fucking overpowered broken AI.

what a pussie man,go play piny pon online or something.

List every bug currently found. (New Post just bugs)

The main issue is AI behavior and we know about this issue.

1.7.5.2 aims to fix more that AI behavior. There was also issue with logout timer, missing tents, no heli crash sites, etc. However, you are the MAN doing the work, you rock! I criticize the patch but never man doing the work behind the patch. Don't let the bs get you down. This was nothing compared to the outcry when 1.7.4 came out. That was a major clusterfuck. My posts have been directed at getting the community mod developers, like yourself, to have a vision of where dayz, the mod, should be heading. I think your vision has to work towards support the bigger servers. The more the bigger servers feel supported, and the players on it are having fun, the healthier the dayz community will be. Where the fortunes of those big servers go, so too goes the fruit and appreciation for all your work in the end. Because, at the end of the day, it's that why you mod? Because tens of thousands of people are enjoying your work?

Edited by boatie

i get kicked for BattlEye: Script Restriction #45 when zombies hit me in a vehicle??

can anybody help me ?

I have the same problem.

With v1744 and the v175 betas, my framerate was 14FPS in the countryside and 9 FPS in cities. Only just playable.

Now I'm getting 10 FPS in the countryside and 5 FPS in the cities, and I'm thinking that it's time to move on.

And this is whose fault....? Yours. Get a new PC.

• Like 1

I am quite happy with the new patch. It introduced some very interesting mechanics (boiling water etc) and seems to innovate in the right directions :) Thanks for the work

I am not a direct serverhoster but I see a few of my buddies having problems with crashsites and tents etc not saving after restart which is probably related to their own changes to the files such as new vehicle spawns, correct? Perhaps you could hint towards options to solve these issues in the bugtracker as people having these problems could directly resolve them there.

Other than that, there is one thing bugging me personally and that is the removed ingame scoreboard.

With the missing base construction and sophisticated vehicle repar mechanics, the two major metagames at the moment are basically getting good loot to either hunt players or slay zombies.

I still remember back in the days when there were only a handfull of servers, most people were not too hostile and killing zombies was seen as the goal. People with 2k or even more zombie kills were not a rare sight. Now that has obviously changed but a lot of people are still the same.

I even extremely enjoy it myself to know that I am the number one in zombie kills on the server.

It basically adds a whole new sense of friendly competition but with the removal of this scoreboard, this competition vanishes as there is no point in it if you can't compair your stats to those of others.

Consequently, even more people will move to the second metagame. Killling other survivors which is really not all DayZ is about.

Furthermore, I see people getting confused as they now don't even know how to check the server they are currently on.

Was it only removed due to the error?

• Like 1

THIS UPDATE IS PISSING ME OFF I SPAWN IN CHRENO AND DIDNT MOVE AT ALL AND 2O ZOMBIES START CHASING ME

run forest!

*pun intended

• Like 1

You made an AWESOME job with making all weapons doing exactly the same noise(Excluding SD's). Sad for such a great idea of a game I must say, I like it hard but seriously?

Guest Dwarden

you can try deleting your battleye DLLs. It worked for me once... I basically can't play dayz though, because battleye sucks balls, and I constantly get #45

you failed to realized the BE script / other filters kicks are based on custom filters ...

if server isn't up2date or filter is incorrectly set then that's not BattlEye's fault

• Like 1

Outside of that crazy Zed sight/hearing range and their annoying tendencies to teleport through walls, I think this was a really great update. The addition of the impure water with the ability to boil it ups the realism and danger. The cars freely driving everywhere without fear always bothered me. Cool to see some danger there. The Zed's communicating makes hordes possible like you see in movies. I like the variety of the spawns, and it seems to me the idea of helicopters spawning in gradually is a good one. It evens the playing field with those guys flying around locating them quickly, and gives those less mobile and equal shot.

Good stuff!

well am i the only one who havent seen any heli chrashes... since this new update...

Found 2 heli crash sites on my server, one with trash loots (maybe players have looted already) and one near N.Airlfield with a bit of good loot.... 8-)

I boiling water isn't working sometimes. Light a fire and don't get the option for whatever reason. Anyone else experience this?

It works for me, just need an empty tin can and bottle with water in your gears....and scroll, should be at the top of the menu.... 8-)

Edited by RockerJC

lol @ people thinking that survivalists are not able to handle pvp, as if pvp were really hard ... the survivalists want to feel like they are in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, not in a urban/sub-urban combat training simulation

• Like 3

So eh 1.7.5 was released Nov 21 according to link on this site hehe ? typo or forgotten about :-/

well am i the only one who havent seen any heli chrashes... since this new update...

I also haven't found a single one after about 8 hours of playing the new version, something I hope to change today.

So eh 1.7.5 was released Nov 21 according to link on this site hehe ? typo or forgotten about :-/

Yeh shouldnt it be more like february 1st?

Its way off haha, nov 21. is a little bit to optimistic ;)

I found 3 heli crashes at nwa. I was by the barracks, north east side. One heli was by the tower and two helis by the barracks and the north hangar.

I shot one zombie entering the barracks and I had like 30 zombies coming at me, including the heli crews.

This is bs.

Fix the bugs before adding "improvements".

If you're going to fire your weapon be prepared for the outcome. I go to NWAF and crawl around,crouch run and can be there an hour and not agro any zombies even when they are a meter away from me. The game is about survival and stealth is a key part of that. Every Zombie film I've seen ends badly when someone fires a shot because the horde hear it and close in on it's location...

Why are people surprised by this? :huh:

If you're going to fire your weapon be prepared for the outcome. I go to NWAF and crawl around,crouch run and can be there an hour and not agro any zombies even when they are a meter away from me. The game is about survival and stealth is a key part of that. Every Zombie film I've seen ends badly when someone fires a shot because the horde hear it and close in on it's location...

Why are people surprised by this? :huh:

You must be playing on empty or almost empty server if can do that(move slowly), its suicide to crawl around NWAF... you will be sniped in seconds..

that's kinda what I assume about at least some of the complainers

the new zed aggro got a bunch of zeds on their tail. they tried to despawn them by logging out. timer came up and their character was killed by zeds. then they get on the forums and make up a story about how their grandmother fell down the stairs and they had to log out <_<

Finally someone who understads it, most ppl in this game are cheaters, who cheat and exploit theyr way out of the game, now they are seeing things getting more difficult to cheat and they QQ all over it.

I came to say that I like the "new" Zeds.

All those whining about that the Zeds are too strong, that it's too difficult to survive now, simply aren't cautious enough. I've played a lot since the update came out and I've successfully looted Cherno and Elektro a few times without aggroing too many zeds. As a Noob with nothing but a hatchet. (And died many times at the hands of other players)

If you proceed with caution and stealth, it's not hard to avoid the zeds. And if you get aggroed, do not shoot. Use a hatchet or try to loose them. Shooting a non-silenced weapon is the biggest mistake you can make.

The times of sprinting through Cherno and shooting at everything that moves with a Lee Enfield are gone, if you wish to survive.

• Like 2

The server I'm on spawns you with them. ;)

Hah, hes a exploiting noob and he admits it. Look at that.