mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

And this is whose fault....? Yours. Get a new PC.

No it isn't. At least not entirely. If I were to develop a game that runs only on the fastest computer in the world, is it the fault of the people that have a slower pc? Or is it just that my game is badly optimized? Yes people should get a decent computer before complaining. But even a lot of decent computers that can run almost all other new games just fine, e.g. Battlefield 3, Crysis, Assassins Creed 3, Skyrim etc... struggle with DayZ.

To that extent its not just the fault of the gamer pc but also the fault of DayZ itself, maybe 50/50. My computer isn't the best, allright. But there is no game that runs as poorly as DayZ as soon as I approach e.g. elektro.

Edited by DieBrotmafia

How far off is the hotfix? I know of a lot of players who are leaving in & droves swearing they won't play again till standalone due to 1.7.5 being broken.

Personally, if the zombies weren't bugged and glitch hitting people through floors of buildings & moving vehicles and being 10m away from a chopper making the occupants bleed (lolwttf?) then it would be workable. At the moment the zombies do not appear to be hard, just broken.

Edited by nutshot
  • Like 2

Ya these zombies are broken. And is the hatchet broken?

I snuck up on a zombie and killed him with my hatchet, and I started bleeding... Did the zombie hit me after he was dead? Or what? This happened to me twice.

Also, I rolled by a zombie in a UAZ, he was 5 or so meters from the truck, on the passenger side, near the rear if the vehicle, and I was stuck by him, with no glass broken. How does that work?

I'm enjoying the increased aggressiveness, but the Magic Zombie hits are really out of hand.

Edited by Bull001

this update is really awesome but 2 things are really annoying.

- the zeds were agroed when ur char drinks or eat, when u repair a car and so on, i think this really unrealistic in my opinion.

- the zeds can hit u when there are 2-3 meters away from ur char.

keep up the good work.

best regards,

wh1tey

I snuck up on a zombie and killed him with my hatchet, and I started bleeding... Did the zombie hit me after he was dead? Or what? This happened to me twice.

there's nothing really 'new' about that. basically it seems if you're near zombies, you're talking damage

- the zeds can hit u when there are 2-3 meters away from ur char.

again, nothing really 'new' about that

I know of a lot of players who are leaving in & droves swearing they won't play again till standalone due to 1.7.5 being broken.

This.

Either that or revert back to 1.7.4.4.

It doesn't seems near as fun. At least they should have fixed things that are actually broken. Like zeds walking thru walls, stuck in floors, getting axed like 12 times before they actually die. I'm not a fan of 1.7.5.1

Guess I could finish my Dead Space 3 playthru instead of wasting more time on this game. Just be killed by glitching zombies that come in massive waves instead of smaller packs.

Edited by sickest

I am quite enjoying the new patch. Of course a couple issues have arisen but overall a good step in the right direction. I believe a lot of the population of this game have not been around long enough to really understand other issues in the game. Some where not around when you couldn't climb a ladder with a secondary weapon drawn or the completely game breaking visual artifacts that kept me from ever going to any military outpost because I could not see ANYTHING on my screen. So now you are telling me that I might have 15-20 zeds on me after firing 3 dmr shots instead of maybe 2-3 sometimes none at all. I can handle those issues. Also even with all zeds a player is still my main concern. Also I think a lot of people got used to just logging out to despawn or just sitting in a bush.

One last thing players that had vehicles prepatch had the huge advantage of the easiest loot raiding. Drive quickly between towns...oh no zombies ok park like 200 m out run in spawn loot then drive up with vehicle and shovel as much shit into that ride as you can. I can not think of an easier way to load up on medical supplies which I believe should be the most precious loot in game.

So all in all great work Razor and devs. Keep up the great work and hopefully the hot fix resolves the couple of issues that are currently hindering some people's gameplay. Mostly people that are now having really low fps. Not sure how you play a game like this while having to deal 5-10 fps all the time :( you get my beans.

• Like 2

I am quite enjoying the new patch. Of course a couple issues have arisen but overall a good step in the right direction. I believe a lot of the population of this game have not been around long enough to really understand other issues in the game. Some where not around when you couldn't climb a ladder with a secondary weapon drawn or the completely game breaking visual artifacts that kept me from ever going to any military outpost because I could not see ANYTHING on my screen. So now you are telling me that I might have 15-20 zeds on me after firing 3 dmr shots instead of maybe 2-3 sometimes none at all. I can handle those issues. Also even with all zeds a player is still my main concern. Also I think a lot of people got used to just logging out to despawn or just sitting in a bush.

One last thing players that had vehicles prepatch had the huge advantage of the easiest loot raiding. Drive quickly between towns...oh no zombies ok park like 200 m out run in spawn loot then drive up with vehicle and shovel as much shit into that ride as you can. I can not think of an easier way to load up on medical supplies which I believe should be the most precious loot in game.

So all in all great work Razor and devs. Keep up the great work and hopefully the hot fix resolves the couple of issues that are currently hindering some people's gameplay. Mostly people that are now having really low fps. Not sure how you play a game like this while having to deal 5-10 fps all the time :( you get my beans.

exactly. clearly these people didn't play the game when you had no melee weapons and zeds would aggro from like 200m

IMO they just act weird with this patch. they aggro easy, but seem to lose interest easy too. more than anything I see them standing around, kinda borked/stuck for some reason...

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

Yeah I have seen that as well. Usually if there is a dead player like 1-6 zombies just kind of stand right on it.

Another thing is when we stopped spawning in with a makarov, everyone said the game was too hard but now it is just the norm.

Another thing is when we stopped spawning in with a makarov, everyone said the game was too hard but now it is just the norm.

true story, that was the night I started playing. I played my first two lives with the makarov, saw there was an update, bye bye makarov...

but yeah, pretty much every major update has been met with "OMG game is completely broken!"

exactly. clearly these people didn't play the game when you had no melee weapons and zeds would aggro from like 200m

IMO they just act weird with this patch. they aggro easy, but seem to lose interest easy too. more than anything I see them standing around, kinda borked/stuck for some reason...

I actually experience the opposite. When I aggro the zombie, I can never lose it. I ran through 5 forests and 3 barns and still kept the zombie. Then he stopped aggro in the middle of an open field -___-

It just seems inconsistent

• Like 1

Ok the nerf wont have too much of an effect it will only give small amount of time to gather your thoughts.

The zeds hearing will remain the same the aggro distance has been moved to around 80 meters we are still trying to find a nice number here down from 200 meters and view range down to 120 meters from 200.

The 2 min timer isn't going to have that much of an effect. This timer only kicks in once the zeds within 400 meters falls below 40-50 (this is run per client) once this happens the timer fires. Two mins later the building system runs spawning in new zeds. The important thing to remember two players standing next to each other can have two very different counts while one player can have 38 zeds and be 10 secs left on the timer the other could have 52 with no timer. (90 zeds within the area of the players with 10 secs of breathing room before the new spawn)

Where trying to make it so you can do that one shot have more then enough trouble to make you fall back a little but not be hammered to a massive degree. Also where trying to make it so the longer you sit firing the more pain comes your way.

Remember we fixed the hearing so the zeds should never be as easy as before this patch.

Sorry i cant always keep up with the amount of posts here :-(

When will you guys fix the food and drink ordeal? Those run low too fast. The vision thing with the zombies should go away. ZOMBIES CANNOT SEEE

Also, I rolled by a zombie in a UAZ, he was 5 or so meters from the truck, on the passenger side, near the rear if the vehicle, and I was stuck by him, with no glass broken. How does that work?

I'm enjoying the increased aggressiveness, but the Magic Zombie hits are really out of hand.

Magic Zombie hits, Running by a zombie and getting hit when he dont even swing, Zombies glitching through walls to hit you, etc

I actually experience the opposite. When I aggro the zombie, I can never lose it. I ran through 5 forests and 3 barns and still kept the zombie. Then he stopped aggro in the middle of an open field -___-

It just seems inconsistent

why couldn't you lose it in a barn (let alone 3 barns)? they still can't run inside

why couldn't you lose it in a barn (let alone 3 barns)? they still can't run inside

You're tellin' me :(

I guess they just went in, then immeidately went out and re-aggroed.

Oh, and did they mess with the drink meter? Becuase I now have to drink a lot more often than before, is this normal? I didn't see it in the changelog...

You're tellin' me :(

I guess they just went in, then immeidately went out and re-aggroed.

you gotta draw them into the middle, until they're far from the doors, and then you run out of there. by the time they make it to the door, you're long gone. again, these aren't new tactics...

Edited by daze23

Played a quick run again yesterday. Damn those Z's are annoying now. Got run over by about 60 Z's in Stary, managed to kill 40 but they just keep on coming! Been a while since I have been killed by Z's

I'm loving it! :D

Hi guys,

have you noticed some differences in loots?

In the previous version (1.7.4) there were much more weapons and silenced mags, with this patch I found only AK rifles and some M16/M4.

After one week of looting I still have to find an Ak silenced mag or a G36 (rifle and mags).

I play on a Dayz.st server, I'm one of the admins, could you help, please?

Hi guys,

In the previous version (1.7.4) there were much more weapons and silenced mags, with this patch I found only AK rifles and some M16/M4.

After one week of looting I still have to find an Ak silenced mag or a G36 (rifle and mags).

Subsonic ammo is very hard to find indeed and as of G36, theres no silent version but it's magazines are compatible with stanag 5.56 mags.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

did you fix lootweight variables system?

* [NEW] - Cutting down trees now attracts zeds

Does this mean you can chop down a tree with an axe? or still requires a ural?

Anybody ever try a bus to knock down a tree? I've tried a tractor with no luck.

Bring back the White DOTS more DOTS.