SmashT

Reddit - Jan 2013 - Q&A with Rocket

150 seems like a bit much but I bet the new loot system, new areas, and other changes will impact how players move around the map. Can't wait to see this. :)

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

I guess 150 is the max what is playable without running into a player every two seconds...guess most servers will be between 50 and 100 like now

if you remember back in June it took hours to login because every single server was crowded 24/24. 150 players per server will surely help everyone getting a slot on the server they want to play.

150 players would be the most epic thing ever. So much for knowing your are safe in the empty parts of the map.

Though I think 150 players it's probably a bit excessive (I would get a number between 80-120) remember that the DayZMod servers have a limit of 50 people and the majority of them doesn't pass the 30 player barrier so the DayZ SA can support 150 players but maybe the medium ratio of concurrency will be about 0.7 or similar.

Q: I've been quite impressed by Seattle map in TOH. Would it be possible to rework the map to make it playable in DayZ

A: It's very impressive map, but the issue is more it was designed for something specific (helicopters). DayZ needs interiors, they're really important. I think DayZ needs a new map, BI made, that features a western city... let's just say I have plans. :)

Ooh, ooh, ooh Portland, Oregon please. The city, suburbs and landscape west to the sea would make an awesome map.

And the suburb Gresham is just full of meth-zombies anyway so it isnt hard to imagine.

• Like 1

Ooh, ooh, ooh Portland, Oregon please. The city, suburbs and landscape west to the sea would make an awesome map.

And the suburb Gresham is just full of meth-zombies anyway so it isnt hard to imagine.

Methbies?

Though I think 150 players it's probably a bit excessive (I would get a number between 80-120) remember that the DayZMod servers have a limit of 50 people and the majority of them doesn't pass the 30 player barrier so the DayZ SA can support 150 players but maybe the medium ratio of concurrency will be about 0.7 or similar.

The map is going to be large though. I feel that players are very dense on the coast, but if everyone spread out, even 150 on the usual map wouldn't make it overcrowded.

Sounds like testing is starting very soon. He said other then the holes that will show up from the architecture test, as of right now it's a "success"

guys they know more about the new map then we do, What a good number is?, rocket for one is a survivor and if 150 is good to him then i imagine it works, think about it all buildings in every town are lootable now..

Edited by Ovation

I want a map of Slough. It's pretty much undead/infected already

L

I want a map of Slough. It's pretty much undead/infected already

L

What's Slough?

A slough, or THE Slough?

Edited by BeastOverlord

do zeds spawn per player?

Now imagine x 40 zeds per player spawn x 150 players........

Chernarus+ had better me bigger vhan current or ot will be a crowded place.

Some good info there. I just hope tech test will start in this month atleast.

Have rocket said anything about how many versions of the game there will be when foundation is released on Steam? I would love to see same system as in Dota 2. There is "test client" and "main client". Test client usually gets update on wednesday and if everything goes smooth it will be in main client on next day or friday. So basically what i want to see is one version obviously for developers, and two for us mortals.

2nd thing is bug reporting, same system as in Dota 2. There is dev forums where u can report bugs and stuff. Only people who have access to game can write there.

Please excuse my poor english.

Edited by drouz
  • Like 2

I'm getting payed tomorrow ... Release The Game !

Before i spend all my money :(

:D

It will be released this month "the test" that's a prediction, but as-long as there is no unforeseeable problem they are almost ready

my best guess is there still getting weapons as entities sorted out first.

150 per server, side chat enabled...imagine the tears.

• Like 3

150 per server, side chat enabled...imagine the tears.

Right when I was thinking 150 people would be really cool... Thanks... :(

• Like 1

Don't worry, remember that Matt said although the resources now make that possible it's a case of deciding where to use those extra resources and also they have to take into account a suitable number to keep the game feeling right.

Edited by Fraggle