Play (DayZ)

1.7.5 - Cows will now run for their lives

Between 1 and 800 is insane!!!!!!!!Should be 400 to 800 random.Then again only eating when hungry is harsh enough and so I would leave it as full 800 per steak and player only eats when hungry.

Edited by wolfstriked
  • Like 1

The same should be applied to blood bags. They can regenerate anywhere between 1 and 12,000 blood.

• Like 1

It shuld be 200-800, 1 is just plane too low. Imagion eating 8 steaks and only getting 1 blood from them.

• Like 2

Then again I would make the game so that damage and survival are two separate entities.Blood icon should be tied to survival only.More like a vitality icon where it usually resides in the middle area of its range.Getting shot at though should be tied to its own 12000 damage threshold and when you bandage up(med-kit?)you can once again take a full 12000 damage from weapons.Getting shot at should also result in varying speeds of bleeding dependent on damage.And the med-kit should not be instant.

While this negates bloodbags it allows more immersion into the survival aspect of game.Think medkits from hospitals being rare and more items you can scavenge and craft into makeshift med-kits with chance to infect.

Meh, the 1-800 range will statistically regress to a mean of ~400 when a large enough sample is taken. This is half of what it was previously. Not a big change, certainly not catastrophic or game-breaking.

Combining it with a limitation on how frequently food can be consumed (a great idea), does create some significant issues for solo players. This will cause many of those lone warrior bandits to reconsider their style of play if implemented.

Overall a good step in getting this back to a survival game (of which there are few) from a PvP game (of which there are many).

• Like 2

^^^ your forgetting that you cannot eat until hungry.800 is slow as ass when you only eat when hungry.Can take a whole play session to resort back to 12000 and not to mention constantly taking more and more damage.

^^^ your forgetting that you cannot eat until hungry.800 is slow as ass when you only eat when hungry.Can take a whole play session to resort back to 12000 and not to mention constantly taking more and more damage.

I'm not forgetting that. Did you read my second paragraph? :)

I think the minimum should be as little as half the max it gives, because 1 or close to that can make things a little extreme and hard. And perhaps make it that if you're not hungry, the food you eat only gives you half the max it could give all the time, eg. 400.

Edited by Primeval
  • Like 1

Overall a good step in getting this back to a survival game (of which there are few) from a PvP game (of which there are many).

Entirely disagree. As do the devs it seems.

Meh, the 1-800 range will statistically regress to a mean of ~400 when a large enough sample is taken. This is half of what it was previously. Not a big change, certainly not catastrophic or game-breaking.

Combining it with a limitation on how frequently food can be consumed (a great idea), does create some significant issues for solo players. This will cause many of those lone warrior bandits to reconsider their style of play if implemented.

Thats my feel as well. May make the instashoot people think twice about whether it is worth getting into that shootout even if they have 5 cooked steaks onboard. Definitely will make the lone wolf style more worrisome which is cool. I know its only a game but getting shot or smashed by zeds to the point of being nearly dead and then munging down on a carcass and returning instantly fully healed to the deathmatch fray is a bit meh.

1 is definitely too low though, maybe it is simulating your char just eating some gristle from a pig ear ;)

I agree with the changes to stop you spamming food - always seemed unrealistic to me that you could get shot and then miraculously eat a few steaks and be back to full health.

DayZ is supposed to be dark and brutal - we should all be stumbling around fucked up most of the time. Magic cure-all steaks don't fit with that.

And this coming from a lone wolf player. This change might even make people more co-operative, if they need to find people to give them a transfusion. Certainly lead to more tense moments - and that's why we're here, right?

• Like 1

I agree with the changes to stop you spamming food - always seemed unrealistic to me that you could get shot and then miraculously eat a few steaks and be back to full health.

I remember when someone had said something like that about Fallout 3. Preventing the player from eating is unrealistic.

I think they should follow suit from Fallout New Vegas where heath is delivered over time.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

Well if they want to get all realistic n shit... perhaps blood bags should be dropped down to 500mls... so about 1000 blood(if loosing 12000 is death) In the field... so a chance o septicemia, without antibiotics obviously(which would be death, very quickly ) And so long as yah not starving, blood slowly regenerates on its own... it seems this is all about penalizing a particular play style.. whilst encouraging another... kinda something that has been expressly spoken against by rocket himself...

A group already has a large advantage over an individual... If they keep getting messed up by individual "deathmatchers", it speaks volumes o the players within the groups skill level...

• Like 3

If eating is getting gimped this heavily, bloodbags need to be too. I would like to see them take time to administer and gradually bring your blood up, rather than being a magical health potion which you can use in the middle of a firefight provided you have a friend.

• Like 1

Each to their own, it's a sandbox game. People should be able to play how they like. This kinda change directly, and catastrophically, changes lone wolf play.

I think this measures will incentivate more teamwork and less pvp/deatmatch that dayz has become.

I agree with the changes to stop you spamming food

You should come on the Wireworld server and actually play the beta builds.

The last five releases have all been very broken (as in 'stuff doesn't work properly' and the balance/gameplay is also broken).

Speculating about a line in a changlog is a world away from experiencing what the devs have actually implemented.

Personally I am not going to waste my time with it any longer, and I'm going back to v1744 servers.

I'm fed up with the one-step-forward-two-steps-back approach the developers seem to be following.

It's really disappointing, but I've got zero confidence left now.

Edited by Anti

Bloodbags should be removed completely. They're as fragile as ice cream.

There's no electricity in dayz.

AC

• Like 4

They better not take the ice cream out of DayZ! That would be game-breaking. >:(

Great, cooked meat is gonna become the lottery of blood.

You wanna hit or fold, guys?

I don't really approve. 150-200 should be minimum from cooked meat, and 50 should be minimum for canned food

If nothing changes, I'll be rocking 20's all day err' day

Also talking about bloodbags,

1.-You should be able to bloodbag yourself.

2.-Make bloodbags very rare and useful.

3.-Make players being able to give a certain amount of their blood to other players.(Obviating the different blood types. Remember, this is a game!)

4.-Make food act over time, adding you 10 blood per second or so.

5.-Separate a bit the combat from the blood count. Low blood means, after some other effects, death. But other factors also cause death, and this factors should be afforded more effectively with more blood.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 3

Hmmm, don't know about this one.

I can see the thought process behind it, eating steak after steak is like the Old Skyrim "Quickly go to Inventory mid battle and quaff 12 potions" trick.

Being a hearty Aussie though you should be able to eat 3 steaks in a row. And since meat is the only way a lone wolf can realistically get blood back the 1-800 seems a bit harsh. I agree with others, 200-800 should be the range, a steak should give more blood than a tin of beans.

I actually like the idea.....

* [NEW] - Blood from food is now random. Example(Cooked meat would have a max blood of 800 but lowest of 1 so blood gained would be from 1-800)

Can´t say something about it, without knowing the values from beans. Random is ok.

I´m thinking there should be a challange for better food, something from the woods and supermarked mixed, to force people go in citys.

Example... Cooked meat + beans gives you double the blood if taken within 30 sec.

Edited by NoCheats

Our hearts go out to all the starving wolves, brave enough to live off the land on their own.

And to the cow population, which is about to be wiped off the face of the earth.

• Like 5