Play (DayZ)

1.7.5 - Cows will now run for their lives

I actually like the idea.....

* [NEW] - Blood from food is now random. Example(Cooked meat would have a max blood of 800 but lowest of 1 so blood gained would be from 1-800)

Updated

* [NEW] - You can no longer consume food while your not hungry

* [NEW] - You can no longer drink while your not thirtsy

* [NEW] - Food and Drink can no longer be consumed continuously.

* [NEW] - Infection changes when eating cooked food and drinking water. (tin and canned items don't count)

* [NEW] - You can no longer to eat/drink within ten mins of eating/drinking.

* [NEW] - You can no longer regain blood from cooked food for 1 hour after eating. (ie spamming cooked meat to regain hp)

* [NEW] - Epeen monitor added to display player stats. (Zombies Killed, Headshots, Murders, Bandits Killed, Humanity) - Press f12 to use

Edited by Play

I like the change but I feel for cooked meat that the range should be shortened due to the process required to obtain the food.

Something like 200-800 I could imagine being better but we will have to see how this plays out - as low as 1 blood just seems to be a bit of a waste, you should at least get a minor amount.

• Like 8

I think 100 should be minimum, not 1.

I agree.

Something making it worth using but not the complete end of the world if you don't get a high amount.

It's substantial enough that, hey you got extra blood, but not good enough that it makes a big difference - 1 blood just seems like quite a waste, especially since this is the only method of obtaining blood on your own.

• Like 2

That's gonna cause me some problems, I'll have to review my strategy.

Not sure that the variant (1) is correct, seems a little extreme.

Prepare to eat 200 pounds of cow meat to get your blood back.

• Like 5

I think eating bandits should be added as well... Nothing like being labeled a cannible in the apocalypse.

To far?

Mmm...

I don't like it. So, will this be applied also to the hunger your PC satisfies every time he eats?

For people that plays with other people, this becomes almost ridiculous, because it is very easy to find blood bags.

Anyway this is not the improvement food needs. It should always give you 800 blood, but giving you approximately 1 blood per 3 seconds or so, and not being able to eat 50 sticks at the same time, only two or three. it should also become to rot after some time in your backpack. Obviously this won't be applied to cans.

Also, depending on the amount of food you eat, the hunger indicator should become more or less green.

And blood bags should be very rare.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 3

you should be able gut players for meet as well and you would catch their sickness if they had any

Edited by root`

So if you're out of luck eating 3 steaks won't even stop your hungermeter flashing?

I'm not sure I like this change, looks like it's to discourage a certain playstyle.

• Like 1

So if you're out of luck eating 3 steaks won't even stop your hungermeter flashing?

I'm not sure I like this change, looks like it's to discourage a certain playstyle.

Agreed.

Well, i would prefer a sasiety thing which allowed you to eat only when you are hungry ( a kind of cooldown on food )

Note is says blood from food, so not just cooked meat, but even cans will be random as well. Hmmm.

gg lone wolves

Exactly, which IMO is the best playstyle.

• Like 1

Each to their own, it's a sandbox game. People should be able to play how they like. This kinda change directly, and catastrophically, changes lone wolf play.

• Like 1

The server I play on has had this version since yesterday.

Firstly, no matter how much blood you get from food, your meter always stops flashing, so no need to worry about that.

But secondly, THIS CHANGE COMPLETELY SUCKS BALLS IF YOU PLAY ALONE.

It was bad enough that pairs/teams of players can instantly go from 600 blood to 12000 with one blood bag, and do it fast enough even during a fight. Whereas lone players had to ensure they had the 'golden three' (hatchet, knife and matches) at all times, spend a lot of time finding several animals, put themselves in danger of being spotted when lighting fires, and then eat 14 steaks to achieve the same effect as one quick blood bag.

If you play alone you are totally f**ked - this change is a game-breaker for single players, and I can't imagine the devs will keep it in.

Personally, I think steaks should give 800-1000 blood considering how much more effort intensive it is to administer than bags. I also think blood bags should give just 6000 blood each, so you need two of them to restore full health. Thirdly, in the single player version of Dayz (called 'Daizy'), you can administer your own blood bags by right-clicking on the icon in your inventory. This should have been implemented in DayZ months ago IMO.

BTW, this is the fourth or fifth 'broken' version of v175 in a row. I really think the devs are struggling to improve the game whilst keeping it balanced and interesting. There are servers running very customised versions of v174 which seem much better 'forks' than I've seen from the recent v175 betas.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

This sounds nice. Ok 1-800 is too big cap but something around 50-100 minim. and 800 max. sounds good to me.

///Oh now I found that it doesn't play well with these additions...:

[NEW] - You can no longer to eat/drink within ten mins of eating/drinking.

[NEW] - You can no longer regain blood from cooked food for 1 hour after eating. (ie spamming cooked meat to regain hp)

So it's good that they removed it. Maybe some cap like 400-800 is good then.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

You can no longer consume food while your not hungry

[NEW] - You can no longer drink while your not thirtsy

Silly, but not game-breaking.

[NEW] - Food and Drink can no longer be consumed continuously.

[NEW] - You can no longer to eat/drink within ten mins of eating/drinking.

[NEW] - You can no longer regain blood from cooked food for 1 hour after eating. (ie spamming cooked meat to regain hp)

This is game-breaking.

Spamming??? So how are single players supposed to regain blood then, you fucking geniuses.

This is not the first time I have to ask myself if the devs even play this fucking game?

I sometimes wonder if they are trying to kill this mod on purpose, or whether they are just idiots.

As far as I'm concerned, having played every single beta patch, the final release of v175 is going to be shit.

I've lost all confidence in the devs, and they've shown time and time again that they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

The patches are getting worse all the time, instead of better.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Bloodbags are a real problem. They should be rare, and spend give the player 10 blood per second (more or less) up to 8000, and require the player to be sit down.