rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Forget about a console release once DayZ reaches a million sold copies. Go for a Mac release that is compatible for online play with PC players (i.e. Valve and Blizzard games).

Probably less effort and fewer potential migraine crises as well.

I also wonder about the future of Mac's still running their own OS.

Rgds

LoK

Macs target casual audiences. DayZ isnt a casual game. That would be a bad business move.

Having a game like DayZ on a console that barely supports online play with more than 16 players seems like an even worse business move. Never mind the fact that the world would probably need slimming down to make sure the console doesn't explode.

It's also a bit on the narrow-minded side of the equator to think that people that have Macs are "casuals". Not like that actually matters anyway, becase I have found DayZ to be a lot more casual than a game like CoD, BF or WoW (just to name a few).

All I can say is: I can't wait for Direct3D to turn into an afterthought when OpenGL engines take over gaming (same features and better performance, but less documentation and no monopolized distribution).

Edited by Applejuice
  • Like 2

I think the game should remain as it is, Windows only.

Any ports will take a lot of time, needed to complete the development.

Console gamers play mostly casual games, wrong target for DayZ. Mac OS is not so widely used, and there is very few gamers, so not the best target too.

Just let DayZ be the same, going it's own way. We don't need to attract everybody, who will rage and whine here (COD kiddies or MMORPG snip!).

This game should pick only ones who are on its way. The others must stay away.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

The game looks really great. Really looking forward to playing it.

Was looking at the first picture and thinking it would be cool if the windows would be breakable, but i guess that wouldn't be much good, since if you see an intact window someone will break it anyway, and then you will need "respawn" for windows too :D

The doors look a little bigger guess that will fix the problem with entering buildings.

к Рокету Вопрос: А будут ли приглашены в ЗБТ участники групп (активные) Вы Знаете Этот сайт вот:http://dayzrussia.com/f/index.php,и вот моя страница:http://dayzrussia.com/f/index.php?members/84/,я там активен а здесь нуб. Или будут приглашены только из крупных сообществ. Мне просто интересно это узнать :P :thumbsup:

For the development we decided to start with the riskiest prospects - i.e. the major sweeping architectural changes such as an entirely new inventory and object interaction system, an entirely new multiplayer framework (server/client).

It is true, currently we haven't really looked at the zombie mechanics at all aside from:

- Improving the animations

- Redoing the models for performance improvements (quite drastic improvement on low-end cards)

Why?!?!? Because we know we can make the zombie AI better. We want to get all the tough things out of the way first. Will report back on this further when we have started the rework on the zombie AI.

Edited by smasht_AU

Just realized there was a mini bar in one of the images. WOOHOO! Now I can drink in game

Drinks on me mite open up a quite little place in Stary Sobar drinks on me guys Wooooo!!! SHOTS ALL ROUND

• Like 2

Drinks on me mite open up a quite little place in Stary Sobar drinks on me guys Wooooo!!! SHOTS ALL ROUND

Shots ..... Pun intended ?

• Like 3

Can you pinch clothes off Zombies? I want a Jamie Hyneman hat and gumboots from one.

• Like 3

Yeah, i'll be selling Rocket Juice

I can haz bacon too please?!?

Can you pinch clothes off Zombies? I want a Jamie Hyneman hat and gumboots from one.

what about walrus mustache?

Hooraaay. Since of jan 1st 2013 R18 games are in! Meaning awesome gore for us aussies!! Anyway rocket the idea of zombie children scare me already. What next? Zombie clowns, that spawn in circus and theme park around chernarus?

• Like 1

Hooraaay. Since of jan 1st 2013 R18 games are in! Meaning awesome gore for us aussies!! Anyway rocket the idea of zombie children scare me already. What next? Zombie clowns, that spawn in circus and theme park around chernarus?

Riding a unicycle

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Stilts, pogo sticks, wearing speedos and some wearing those beanie hats with the propeller on the top.

• Like 1

Booze really should be in the game (maybe is already) for purely medicinal purposes ;)

It is proven thah gin added to infected water will kill cholera in the water, and preemptive drinking helps as well...

sounds awesome, good screens, too bad i wont almost no cance that ill get taken for closed beta, good luck to all anyways

add pink boxers ( for males pls)

Edited by Rhygar666

Oh my god!! The photos is magnificent (from the point of view graph)

P.s. Sorry my english, i'm italian and my english is horrible

Booze really should be in the game (maybe is already) for purely medicinal purposes ;)

It is proven thah gin added to infected water will kill cholera in the water, and preemptive drinking helps as well...

i like your thinking sir! Sipping some whiskey by the fire with my fellow survivors, sounds like bliss! Purely medicinal of course. You know, dealing with the stress, actually on that note there is another substance that would allow survivors to deal with the stress, will gardening be a feature? :P

Edited by triggy89

You know, dealing with the stress, actually on that note there is another substance that would allow survivors to deal with the stress, will gardening be a feature? :P

When you are lost and lonely in the endless woods, black trees looming overhead and the howling wind chilling you to the bone, when the crazed husk of your fellow man hunts you for your flesh and every stranger spell potential doom, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I really wanna get stoned now?"

• Like 4

When you are lost and lonely in the endless woods, black trees looming overhead and the howling wind chilling you to the bone, when the crazed husk of your fellow man hunts you for your flesh and every stranger spell potential doom, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I really wanna get stoned now?"

fo shizzle! I lie i quit that sheet a while ago, although it would be pretty entertaining as a game feature XD