rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

So much stuff going in, holy crap! This is probably going to be one of the greatest games of all time. Take your time Dean, make this amazing!

Mann i cannot sleep until i see some streams! *ahem* streamed footage

I absolutely cannot wait until standalone comes out, I've been playing Dayz almost non stop since I first found out about and after looking at these screens I must say its looking good.

I say bring on any additional features which make fixing and flying a helicopter much more difficult and realistic.

IRL ,if you plonked me in front of a fully workable heli and told me to fly over a hill you could guarantee a plume of smoke would soon be seen immediately after i stepped into the cockpit.

Fixed it for ya ;)

If they choose to ever make a new map for this id love a massive city with its surrounding suburbs inlcuded. Say New York, London, Paris, Berlin.. anything bigger than a few blocks would be awsome (tho probably quite impossible from a performance standpoint)

A small 'few blocks' type map would just be snipe central dm and as boring as shit imo.

I wouldn't go far as to turn it into a full blown heli sim, but flying needs to be a lot harder and i think the addition of the TOH concepts will do that.

Totally. Like pointed out previously, most seem to crash their helis not long after take off even though they are super easy atm. I don't see how making it a touch harder will make any difference to those who do not want to spend the time learning to fly in the basic mode that arma has atm. What it will do is make it a lot more interesting for those of us that want less arcade like flight controls, and possibly keep all of the people who couldn't care less to take the time to learn the controls away from wanting to simply spray and pray from 1000 feet over Elektro.

What a great job, Dayz is so good (even with hackers) that i am not going to play any other games! What your team is doing Dean is first class. Dont rush development, add that little bit of extra sparkle!

Edited by glinbog

Pick the hardest mode - and check out some of them cross-winds, its sweet when ya' have to crab walk the helicopter just to keep your bearing because of crosswinds. Using the foot pedals and making minor corrects are the keys to flying in ToH as it is IRL. I have a ten fold easier time flying around in DayZ as compared to ToH.

DayZ = arcade fell in regards to helicopters.

ToH = even landing in a slightly windy condition, exciting... and thats not even with my DayZ gear at risk.. I could only imagine... :D

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll totally give that a shot :D Im surprised how much I am enjoying it in the first place never thought I was a flight simulator type of gameplay guy

Sorry but more enter able buildings and a few bases wont be enough to make this GAME feel new. I know getting the core features, architecture is the main point but the MAP is also very important in the success of dayz.

You lot are taking it way too lightly. Chernarus feels old now, no exploration needed as we know were everything is ( a few bases that we will find soon enough dont count, sorry, and fomr that pic, its just 4 building added together...), we know the PVP hotspots, we wont get lost ( which is the best part) and there will be the lack of exploration because of this.

Taviana, been playing for like a month now and still discover places i have never been to before.

Sorry but its not enough.

I really hope that either mod tools come quick or new maps are added or this will get old.

Look at it from a player view, No longer will players be running to high yield areas, on the way to NWAF there are many villages now with most of them enterable, On top of that you have a new loot spawn system where you actively have to search for stuff, not in piles any more.

You can dress up in clothes and mix and match. Clans can now look similar with a distinctive look.

New locations which will render your old thoughts of Chernarus obsolete, new places to visit, towns and villages to conquer, probably new areas north east and west of the map, me and my friends will find a remote village and ensure we keep it as our base of operations.

Improved zombie Ai, as mentioned like a cerain film, they will run at you and hunt you, plus there will be more of them due to efficiencies made.

No sir this is a new map, new game with features galore, by the time you have played it, you won't be bothered about the map, you'll be too busy exploring it.

But if your still not impressed the t=community will be supporting the mod anyways so you'll never be bored of DayZ.

Sorry but more enter able buildings and a few bases wont be enough to make this GAME feel new. I know getting the core features, architecture is the main point but the MAP is also very important in the success of dayz.

You lot are taking it way too lightly. Chernarus feels old now, no exploration needed as we know were everything is ( a few bases that we will find soon enough dont count, sorry, and fomr that pic, its just 4 building added together...), we know the PVP hotspots, we wont get lost ( which is the best part) and there will be the lack of exploration because of this.

Taviana, been playing for like a month now and still discover places i have never been to before.

Sorry but its not enough.

I really hope that either mod tools come quick or new maps are added or this will get old.

I think you are underestimating the time it takes to make a decent map. Did you know Chernarus took nearly 2 years to make? And that's WITHOUT the newly enter able buildings, new textures and new places.

I think we've all tried the community maps, but in all honestly, none of them come close to the quality of Chernarus. There will be new maps eventually, just not in the early builds.

• Like 5

Where is Wales?

Near London.

Actually no it isn't, but thats the first question any Welshman gets from ANYONE from mainland europe.. "Wales is near London yes?' errr no. Its its own country.

• Like 1

Fuck marketplaces.

They call them Brothels around here.

I guess your in america where you guys do everything bigger.

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

since this is discussed here...

@sunnz

Taviana looks and feels like a model railway landscape...no question it is well done it is big and has some nice new buildings and structures...but it is boring like hell...nearly no sign of an apocalypse and really not enough zombies spawning for such a large world...don't get me wrong I do not want to blame the mod author for this...but creating such huge cities like on Taviana is just creating a showcase of your modding skills ..it would need tons of clutter and hundreds or maybe even thousands of zombies to make this feel a real zombie apocalypse...no question this would melt down any computer system....so in my eyes a pretty bad concept and an example how it not should be...

I prefer a city like Cherno with maybe only hundred but enterable buildings , lods of infected and a real apocalypse feeling, than such Potemkin villages you can find for example on Taviana.

just my two cents

PS: for me Chernarus is probably the best open world map ever made in gaming history (even without the improvments being made)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Hello guys!

Silly Question: Will SA have anything Battleye'ish? Meaning will i be able to use overlays (Teamspeak, Raidcall) without fear of getting global banned?

Thanks!

My post seems to have got buried under the market place stuff...

My post seems to have got buried under the market place stuff...

Do you afraid getting banned using overlays in BattlEye or VAC? I never had a problem in BattlEye nor VAC.

I see what you guys are saying, I just hope the experience is new, that is all. Like honestly, I don't want many military areas too as that could ruin the balance of the game and result in many military tier guns ( plus more military zones/ high tier zones= less risk which is not a good idea)

No dmr and 50 cals please, m24 is fine, just no gun that is so easy to use and camp with!

Chernarus is faaaaar from being the best open world game and even one for a zombie apocalypse in my view, but i understand that we all have different opinions and have nothing against you thinking this. It is a great map, no doubt.

I do hope the zombies are fixed, its a bit worrying to see the zombies are more of an after thought and not much worked on YET but i am sure they will be improved from that of the mod.

• Like 1

Do you afraid getting banned using overlays in BattlEye or VAC? I never had a problem in BattlEye nor VAC.

I read about it happening in dayz and arma2... :)

Hello guys!

Silly Question: Will SA have anything Battleye'ish? Meaning will i be able to use overlays (Teamspeak, Raidcall) without fear of getting global banned?

Thanks!

It will use VAC. However, you do not have to fear of getting banned because of overlays even if it uses BattlEye

• Like 1

Man, when this game releases it will be the end of my gaming career. Based off of my experience with the mod and the depth they are adding to the SA, I doubt anything better will come out for a long long time.

• Like 3

Lolwut? Is DMR an easy thing???

IMHO they should probably introduce 2 kinds of 308 ammo, regular cheap FMJ ammo for assault rifles/machineguns and super accurate HPBT 308 for sniper rifles (which would be very rare); that way you could use the cheap ammo in sniper rifles but would be inaccurate at ranges above 300-500meters

• Like 3

Again... this game will change my life! Can´t wait to play this. I am really out of my words to discribe how greatful i am that Rocket and his trusty friends and devs are making this game! I started to play when there were 70.000 people playing days. From day one i knew it´ll be huge. I know that rocket stated it clearly, that dayz standalone will be available when its done. And i tell you guys I totaly support him with this statement. I´ll wait for this game as long as i have to, from my side absolutly 0 pressure to rocket and his crew. You are all heroes for me.

so long Rudson.

• Like 1

Lolwut? Is DMR an easy thing???

At least rename it to something else than Designated Marksman Rifle, every time I hear one in actions it sounds something like this: Boom...........................BoBoBoBoom...BoBoBoom...BoBoBoBoBoom...BoomBoomBoom..BoBoBoBoom... Reloading! Boom...BoBoBoom!

Unarmednoob was killed by Elitesniper1337

DMR needs a slower effective fire rate.

Edited by Dallas

Hey Dean! Just wanted to offer my love and sympathy for all the stresses you've had over the past few months and hope you feel better with the stress of it all soon.

Just wanted to say don't worry too much about the delays. The gaming community at large has learned more than ever recently the perils of games being rushed out, and that's even without the extra circumstances you've had to deal with. There's never a better time to delay a game in order to ensure its quality. Take the time to get it right and make it special! <3 you seem like a lovely chap and enjoyed our chat at Rezzed last year, you deserve the success.

Love, Lemmy

Indie Stone

Edited by lemmy101
  • Like 8

Good job Rocket! A new Chernarus wait us!

So theres going to be one afterall? You mean you have some people to design the maps then..

Hey Dean! Just wanted to offer my love and sympathy for all the stresses you've had over the past few months and hope you feel better with the stress of it all soon.

Just wanted to say don't worry too much about the delays. The gaming community at large has learned more than ever recently the perils of games being rushed out, and that's even without the extra circumstances you've had to deal with. There's never a better time to delay a game in order to ensure its quality. Take the time to get it right and make it special! <3 you seem like a lovely chap and enjoyed our chat at Rezzed last year, you deserve the success.

Love, Lemmy

Indie Stone

I also can't wait to purchase PZ when it hits steam, along with DayZ. You are awesome for cheering on someone who could be seen as competition in a way.

I can't wait for the release, this is going to be awesome !!!!! Keep doing a great job and thanks for give us a great game. :rolleyes: :thumbsup: