griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Topics merged (again).

Yes.. I was a bit surprised when my reply showed up here. Does this happen often?

SA discussions should be posted in the DayZ Standalone Discussion Topic.

Yes, too often.

NP.

Are the zombies still going to make those stupid noises in the Standalone?

I hate to crush your investigating efforts, but release date is probably mandatory information you have to put down in order to submit a review.

Look closer,

Q4WzTgn.png

It still says 2013, and I am sure the TBA is another way of saying, "Dyslexia, my one and only!"

• Like 6

It still says 2013, and I am sure the TBA is another way of saying, "Dyslexia, my one and only!"

It will be out in 2013, no date announced. December 31st is probably not the date though, could be automatic since that's the last date for it to come out in 2013

Hello there

Almost all sites use 31st of Dec as a placeholder for games with no set release date.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Sigh... We just want the Alpha to be released :(

We all do.

But there's no point releasing something un-usable. Patience.

Good things come to those who wait.

L

We all do.

L

I know, I am very patient, but i still want it.

agreed.

We all do.

L

I'm not sure I agree. Mental hospitals release patients they regard as unstable. Instead of locking them up, they give them dopamine blockers so as to decrease the chance of them becoming violent.

Maybe that's the solution? To take happy pills after playing the release of DayZ Standalone.

ok I have looked at it for so long dose anyone know if their going to be a purpose behind the gasmask and if their are going to be hazmat suits thanks also anyone else looking forward to DayZ Stand Alone :D

ok I have looked at it for so long dose anyone know if their going to be a purpose behind the gasmask and if their are going to be hazmat suits thanks also anyone else looking forward to DayZ Stand Alone  :D

It's so you wont breath in the spores..

After watching the Dev Blog of August the 3rd and PSIsyndicate opinion of the dev blog, I was rather upset. Dayz Standalone had come so far, nearly one whole year in development but it was not going to be released to the public in August and probably not even at September! Though this morning, I viewed frankieonpcin1080p (the man who made me love dayz and actually forced me to buy a pc to play it) video and at the end I was shocked since  heroes still exist out there and one of these heroes is Frankie! Rocket release standalone in early 2014, but with Building and vehicle customization. Why you ask? Why should he delay so much? Well because when building is implemented, it will and should be rather hard to create a small sized base, so people will work together! This will form clans and groups of heroes and bandits! But when I say Bandits and Heroes, I mean real bandits, honorable ones. The same with the heroes, honorable heroes. Bandits who don't shoot on sight and who abduct people! But how is this good you ask? Well in dayz standalone trading will be extremely important, since otherwise long-term characters would not exist! But who would trust a bandit while trading? Well I believe no one! So less bandits, since more people want to trade and more bandits getting killed to gain humanity to become a hero! So Bandits well get vital medical supplies and other supplies, by taking clan members and asking for a ransom! And So we have a successful system, where bandits don't shoot on sight, people work together to make clans, bases, cars, guns and gather supplies and people stop complaining about how they died! All of this comes down to base building and cars! Some people say, but minecraft in indev wasn't released with pistons and redstone, but base building and cars aren't pistons and redstone. They are pieces of cobblestone, that is put together to make the base of a house! By releasing dayz in early 2014, you aren't releasing the full game, or the beta you are releasing the indev and early alpha, since there is so much more to add! Rocket Base building and car customization is the cobblestone in indev minecraft and it might look a bit ugly, but it's there and you can work with it! It will be too late later on! Anyway bye everyone and leave your comments bellow!

Edited by mikepike8585

So you're basically posting what Frankie said in his video?

Even if small bases are hard to build and people make clans to build em, that doesn't mean suddenly people will start to be honorable bandits, and everyone will trade with each other and all KOS problems will be magically solved. People already have clans, and those clans kill on sight.

Edited by Plexico

I take your point but why will it be "too late" to add later on?

I think the main point of having an open alpha is that only so much progress can be made on certain gameplay elements before they need the feedback and data from large-scale testing involving thousands of players.  There's many unknowns with some aspects of the SA that the sooner they can start collecting data and player feedback the sooner they can address any issues.

I'd suggest that maybe Frankie waits until the game is in Beta or fully released if he feels it's not worth playing with those elements missing.

Anyhoo, that's my thoughts on it.  Welcome to the forum and don't forget that breaking your text up into paragraphs can make it much easier to read :)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

So you're basically posting what Frankie said in his video?

Even if small bases are hard to build and people make clans to build em, that doesn't mean suddenly people will start to be honorable bandits, and everyone will trade with each other and all KOS problems will be magically solved. People already have clans, and those clans kill on sight.

No, Frankie wasn't talking about my ideas!