griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

Yeah but who's going to carry around all that medicine?

Pfft. Not me! People will have to come to my underground lair/doctor's clinic. 

Yes. Time will be same in the Standalone (24 hour day & night cycle)

Obvi, their initial use will be for the crafting system.  However, I'm hoping to be able to bind players wrists together so I can t-bag them without fear of reprisal...

• Like 1

Why would you need to tie my wrists? Jusk ask nice and take me for a burger.

Cable ties have a myriad of uses, but if theyre in game, itll be interesting to see how they are implemented.

• Like 1

I'm not into bondage, but maybe I can cable tie two Mausers together and call it a Doppelbüchse.

When the release of DayZ Standalone does eventually come, I have a very high confidence Chernarus will be full of young males running around in their underpants with motorcycle helmets on. To some of you on this forum that might provide you with alternate viewing pleasure especially as Mr Cameron here in Britain wants to ban the stuff you use instead.

But my question is simple and one that I don't think has been asked.

Will the number of motorcycle helmets be related to the number of actual motorcycles?

Think about it for a second, if you found a motorcycle helmet in someones home, you quite rightly would think they might have actually had a motorcycle. I would hate to think that the developers have missed this quite obvious point and you know, made something like a radio instead.

Good day all.

It's a good point but I don't think Standalone will follow that logic - it's about a base level of survival really, and on that logic there'd probably be a horrendous amount of vehicles in-game.

On the other end of the spectrum, maybe everyone took their vehicles and fled without having time to pick up their helmets or whatever? I think regardless of how it plays out, there'll always be a way to explain it.

I plan on being the Masked Panted Man on release of standalone. Come out of a bush in pants and a helmet, rob people at gunpoint for their clothes, leave them naked and move onto the next victim.

Let's follow the LOGIC, OP.

1. There exist motorcycles in the world.

2. There exist motorcycle helmets.

If 1 is true, is 2 also true? No. If 2 is true, is 1 also true? No.

Neither of them implies the other. It is possible that 1 and 2 are both true, but 1 never implies 2 and 2 never implies 1.

guess this is why hes being playing payday then ;)

That also made me wonder. Why would he play PayDay 2 and not DayZ SA.. maybe he's just taking his 'time off', if you know what I mean.

Many people who own motorcycles have more than one helmet, i have 4 myself.

So really there you can't assume a relation between the two.

Though i wouldn't complain if there was more motorcycles.

Kudos to the bloke who invented motorcycle helmets before the motocycle then. By your 'logic'.

By my logic? It's not like logic is relative.

And, for the record, it is possible for the motorcyclehelmet to predate the existence of the motorcycle itself.

In fact, all abstractions or ideas predate humans since they are eternal as abstract objects. The idea of quantum computing predates the first computer, but it is not dependent upon the idea of the first computer.

im sure they will look at other games to give them ideas. its not uncommon for devs to do this and i know quite a few who play other games to get a few ideas ;)

Edited by dgeesio