rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

I just want to inform everyone especially the server owner that the format of the *.rar file has changed!

This is VERY important for everyone using Updater Scripts.

The old format was DayZ-1.7.2.6.rar and contained the files directly.

The new format DayZ-v1.7.3.rar contains the files in a subdirectory named DayZ-v1.7.3!

Please be aware of this!

If anyone needs the files in the old format without the subdirectory you can PM me. I'm not posting it into this thread since I'm not sure the if the devs allow me to.

Best regards,

darky

Edited by darky
  • Like 1

I have somewhat of an issue with this update, *its fine just a little mad*

I logged out to update dayz version and i log back to my priv hive, and all my vechics were gone. I looked where they would normally spawn like northeast and gorka, nothing. Does the server need a restart? and after the restart will vehicles return to where they normally spawn - if not moved, or will stay where ever someone saved them at.

For people having problems with the upload, here's a torrent:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2AFDB06DD9DCE46E92731FBFF79783A369616FC0&dn=DayZ-1.7.3.rar&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

(copy in URL-bar)

Edited by Felk
  • Like 1

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. (Need to look at the effects with high player counts)

Does this to mean that the game does not distinguish between actual combat (PvP firefight) & survival (killing Z's/animals) weapons fire... also, if I'm playing with my mates & they fire for any reasons, I will be locked into this combat mode?

This is how it was worded on another site, so I'm still confused...

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

Maybe someone can clarify what this means, thanks.

Edited by TCEd

Love the work that the community has done and put together for this effort!!!

Edited by DirtyDuckling

Does this to mean that the game does not distinguish between actual combat (PvP firefight) & survival (killing Z's/animals) weapons fire... basically any & all weapons firing is considered combat & the timer begins, also, if I'm playing with my mates & they fire for any reasons, I will be locked into this combat mode?

Yes, for 30 seconds. You might need to ask your friend to stop trying to cut down that tree if you're trying to log off.

• Like 5

This Combat lock is totaly crap!

No more Debug Monitor with health info and a absolutly pro for the Cheaters they can kill you now better!

For me is DayZ Mod over with this Update.

Now Waiting for Standalone.

Bye...c u next update or SA

• Like 1

Thank God it is finally here! Hopefully this brings some of the players back because it has been dropping a lot lately. Great work guys!

No more Debug Monitor with health info and a absolutly pro for the Cheaters they can kill you now better!

absolutely hilarious... and good riddance.

• Like 3

I think a patch note was missed from the changelog.

* [NEW] Removal of whiney bitches.

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 11

The I guess we won't see you for Standalone either. What with there being no Debug Monitor in the Standalone.

• Like 3

The I guess we won't see you for Standalone either. What with there being no Debug Monitor in the Standalone.

But there are not thousend of Cheaters that get supportet by no Lockout script.

Thats the big different!

@RedNome

Calling me a bitch because you can take no critic is a real bitch move ;)

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 1

But there are not thousend of Cheaters that get supportet by no Lockout script.

Thats the big different!

@RedNome

Calling me a bitch because you can take no critic is a real bitch move ;)

No, no, I'm calling you a bitch because you're being a bitch.

I have no part in Redux or it's code other than being a player on it's server, hope that's clear for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cool, a reason to play on hive servers again.

There is no reason to EVER play on hive servers! Nothing but hackers/script kiddies and always will be!

Aesthetically, the combat log thing could be better. I don't have the pistol icon like I saw before, instead I have a too-wide grey box a the top that says "NOT IN COMBAT" all the time. Perhaps this is only on the particular server I'm using?

Seriously anyone have the server files???

what he said !

i extra registered on this site to ask this.. why the hell did they remove the female players skin now?? it makes no sense to remove her.. instead they should give her new clothes or something.

now i must play as male character always or what?

K so where are the hive files please ???????????? bit nuts to release the update then not give the server files

pull yer fingers out !

Great job.

I lost my character (with everything I need) after joining new arma+dayZ version, and now I have new one, but good job on update ofc :P

I posted this on bistudio forums as well:

What's the new "dayz_logDamage" that's spamming the publicvariable.log?

Sometimes it shows multiple names, is that when people are in combat together now?

Originally Posted by Example

01.11.2012 06:22:32: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.385]

01.11.2012 06:22:32: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.03049]

01.11.2012 06:22:32: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.13709]

01.11.2012 06:22:32: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",3.27479]

01.11.2012 06:22:32: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",0.101046]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.38673]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.98367]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",1.19589]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",2.75311]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #0 "dayz_logDamage" = ["Colby","Tim",0.132196]

01.11.2012 06:22:34: Colby (IP) GUID - #7 "dayzDeath" = ["35774209",0,<NULL-object>,"86533638","Colby"]

Or, more importantly, the scripts.log is growing rapidly.

More than 5MB in a few hours.

This is being spammed almost constantly by every player int he server:

_cmpt = toArray (_x);

_cmpt set [0,20];

_cmpt set [1,toArray ("-") select 0]"

01.11.2012 04:04:35: PlayerName (IP) GUID - #177 "le,_x] call object_getHit;

_part = "PartGeneric";