rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

I understand if you are having problems with the server files, but can we atleast get an update with when it will be available?

can somebody answer me?? i want to know why i cant choose female player skin anymore.

I loaded the new dayz stuff but with the old hive and i am able to load into the game without and problem. Not sure if it matters but might be able to get by with that for a bit

I want to thank all the developers of the new patch. Look to you for new patches. I hope you can solve the problem with hackers. Thank you for working for us.

So how do I get in touch with the Community to log issues?

From what I can see, as it stands the new release can only be used on Chernarus and other maps need a new DLL compiling:

Mods: @hive

Distribution: 0

Version 1.62.98220

Fault address: 77A34350 01:00013350 E:\servers\173test\Database.dll

file: dayz_1

world: Chernarus

Prev. code bytes: C4 89 7D E0 89 7D D4 8D 70 01 8D 9B 00 00 00 00

Fault code bytes: 8A 08 40 84 C9 75 F9 2B C6 83 C0 20 6A 08 50 E8

P.s Can I get in on the club? As someone who ported a map (Celle) which is starting to get popular and also knows his way around the code. I would like to be able to get some foresight into what is happening,so I can prepare for changes pre-release, and in turn I am happy to share, test what code I have and what knowledge I can impart?.

No moar ALtT + F4?!?!?!?

But.. but.... but how can I get away from people who try to kill me and get all my duped gear!?

• Like 1

This blows, cant get no information on where to get the server files to get my server back online. Im reverting back to 1.7.2.6 this is horse shit!

so playwithsix updated to 1.7.3 this morning, tried to join a server. they were using a different dayz_code, as the message blacked out the entire screen, not allowing me to see what my character was doing.

someone on the side chat said to uninstall and re-install, so i did. now the server list doesn't populate (it refreshes, but the filters i have set for the corresponding servers don't pop up) and it only shows one server that i can't even join (status: waiting)

will this be fixed by tomorrow?

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, someone fires a weapon near you, or a bullet/object impacts near you, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. If you ALT-F4/close anyway, your character is considered "combat logged" and instantly killed and leaves a body.

* [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

* [NEW] combat 30 sec timer.

What a HUGE victory for HACKERS!!!!

Initially, the Alt-F4 players were a problem. Then there was a shift in DayZ and the BIGGEST game breaker was the hordes of HACKERS. Many players have left DayZ due the unacceptable instances of hacking.

Too little too late. The combat system was needed in JUNE 2012. Now it will do more harm than good to the DayZ Community. Where is the long list of anti-hacker fixes?

Due to this new combat system, there is absolutely nothing a legit player can do. He simply MUST die at the first hint of a hacker and give-up ALL his hard-earned kit.

The hackers get the last laugh, unfortunately.

• Like 5

There is no reason to EVER play on hive servers! Nothing but hackers/script kiddies and always will be!

No need to be a debby downer, how are you supposed to know how standalone will hold up?

• Like 1

What a HUGE victory for HACKERS!!!!

Initially, the Alt-F4 players were a problem. Then there was a shift in DayZ and the BIGGEST game breaker was the hordes of HACKERS. Many players have left DayZ due the unacceptable instances of hacking.

Too little too late. The combat system was needed in JUNE 2012. Now it will do more harm than good to the DayZ Community. Where is the long list of anti-hacker fixes?

Due to this new combat system, there is absolutely nothing a legit player can do. He simply MUST die at the first hint of a hacker and give-up ALL his hard-earned kit.

The hackers get the last laugh, unfortunately.

Let's play hangman!

_______

|/ |

| (_)

| |

| |

| / \

|

|___ P R _ V A T _ H _ V _ S

Guess! :)

• Like 5

WEll cant even try the 1.7.3 cause they cannot get the files released to private hive admins or even give us some information on where to get the files.

At the moment, the patch is a big pile of sh*t.

Walkers breaking players legs with first hit even though the players have 12k blood!?

(happened to me today, luckily i rolled to safety and my squadmates got rid of the walker, earlier today squadmate died from a random 1hit broken leg with 12k blood and the walkers just got him in seconds.

What happened to peripheral dots?

I do not see them anymore.

Edited by narsil

@Terrorviktor

I Know PRIVATE HIVES... what do i win.

On another note, Thanks to devs and members of the community. Keep up the great work.

30 sec combat counter after using road flare? C'mon :)

to those asking for server files: you can use your old server files for now. backup your database, in case there are any issues.

manual patch downloads (for example: http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/ ) have a dayz_server.pbo file inside which you can place inside @hive\addons, this worked for me, I don't see why it shouldn't work for you.

what a great forum... you ask something and nobody is answering your question.

one last time.. why i cant choose female anymore when i join a server? i dont want to play as male.

• Like 1

The only one who will have an answer for you is a Dev, no one in the community (unless the participated in the project) will have any clue why you cannot select the female skin. So spamming the thread with the ame question (three times, two pages, in a eight page thread on the latest update) is not going to help anyone.

• Like 2

I think the combat timer is great, however there is a problem, i was on public hive with my 25 day old char earlier trying out this patch and ofc the hackers are abusing the combat timer they teleport you and you cant abort to save your gear from these F**Kers. I have never ALT F4 except when faced with TP hackers now seems ill just lose my gear every hour or two other than this Great patch thanks rocket.

can somebody answer me?? i want to know why i cant choose female player skin anymore.

I noticed this as well.

When you die, don't respawn. Go to anther server attached to whatever hive you play on. When you join you should see the option to choose the female skin. Looks like it might just be a bug.