rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

if i don't pat myself on the back from time to time, how will i notice all the knives that have been stabbed in there?

Haha, Rocket! You're doing God's work, man! Keep on chuggin' along!

WTF is everyone so concerned about not being able to eat in vehicles? I've played hundreds of hours and I don't think I've once cracked open a tin of beans whilst driving. If anything you're going to have cleaner seats so can we stop asking about it now? Cheers.

• Like 7

Well im disapointed, for start no debug -.- '', second, the combat timer should only trigger wen someone shoot at us or wen u shoot at someone and not wen someone shoots zombies "near u" and sometimes u cant acess ur backpack and that suks

• Like 1

I think you should be able to eat and drink in a vehicle. People do it all the time when they are not the driver, and sometimes when they are in real life, not game life. I don't think that should have been changed. It is more real to life then not.

Should of just removed the changing cloths.

THANK FOR ALL THE HARD WORK GUYS!!

Ski

if i don't pat myself on the back from time to time, how will i notice all the knives that have been stabbed in there?

Well, without any kind of a "user interface", you're supposed to rely on other indicators like your vision blurring / changing colors due to blood loss, throbbing noises, you know... ;)

• Like 3

WTF is everyone so concerned about not being able to eat in vehicles? I've played hundreds of hours and I don't think I've once cracked open a tin of beans whilst driving. If anything you're going to have cleaner seats so can we stop asking about it now? Cheers.

Breaks the game for me. Won't play no more.

• Like 1

Could alt-f4 can be enabled for a period of time after a sudden location change, regardless if you're being fired on or not? This would help us avoid mass teleport deaths while not really giving combat loggers or hackers any extra advantage.

• Like 1

I'm very pleased I won't be receiving anymore leg-breaking, knockout, judo chops from zeds after I've already blown their fucking brains out. You've made me a slightly happier survivor. Cheers to everyone that's helping out with this project, and happy Halloween!

So should private hives integrate everything except the hive.dll and the dayz_server.pbo? Was the server code amended at all?

Ok so for those of us who can use six or commander because they get a Microsoft.net framework error everytime they try to run them. How do we download this game?

use dayz commander

• Like 1

Servers

Server hosters can get the new Hive files from (link was wrong version... will post shortly!). Only install this if you run a server! You also need the other 1.7.3 files (dayz_code.pbo and dayz.pbo).

you got the link i wanna update my server

UK 367

First impressions

- Combat range needs to be reduced or the HUD icon removed. I wasn't even aware other players were in the area but the HUD icon gave them away when using a hatchet on a zombie when I otherwise would have had no idea. 10-20m max IMO.

- Zombie death animation seems a lot better.

- Most of the other fixes are good, been playing on private hives for a while now so I'm used to most of them already.

Once any bugs are ironed out I'd rather see the HUD icon removed for that very reason, people will abuse it and then say its a feature.

Edited by relentless

use dayz commander

Well if you read my post carefully you would see that I can't use six OR commander. Trying to run either one of those gives me a CLR 80004005 .net framework error that I can't fix by repairing, reinstalling or using .net "fix it" program. Soooo yah

Interesting.

I wonder how the "combat" mode will fare.

Rgds

LoK

Quite well I hope, seems like it will do a very good job if you follow the limitations, IF you want to log out then don't fire and leave, if you get shot at or shoot, stop or kill the player shooting you then wait 30 seconds and thats that.