rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

The only way to survive an attack (hacker spawning behind you with the M4 CCO SD or dropping you from the sky) by a hacker was to leave the server as quickly as possible (Esc + Abort or Alt + F4). Join a different server and administer first aid.

Now with the NEW combat system, the first shot fired by the hacker ensures he kills your character and you loose all your hard-earned equipment.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my experience with DayZ on public servers in sequence from a to d:

a) Badly wounded another player or he sees there is a high chance of death, he Alt + F4s

b ) Hacker drops me from the sky with every other player on the server

c) Single Hacker in God mode spawns in behind you and shoots you

d) Two to three Hackers in God mode spawn around you and shoots you

Now, I stick to Private servers to avoid being Hack-attacked.

Edited by sfscriv

The only way to survive an attack (hacker spawning behind you with the M4 CCO SD or dropping you from the sky) by a hacker was to leave the server as quickly as possible (Esc + Abort or Alt + F4). Join a different server and administer first aid.

Now with the NEW combat system, the first shot fired by the hacker ensures he kills your character and you loose all your hard-earned equipment.

Actually it's not true.. at the last moment, someone with his brain still working have figured that the combat system doesn't work at all and have then removed the "auto-kill", but they have left the chat message giving a cookie to who had the "original" idea (he may have lost time to develop this, you couldn't just trash it in 5 inutes...).

In other words, in this situations where a ALT+F4 is needed, you can continue to use it with no consequences.

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 2

What bothers me in regards to the combat system is the fact that the radius with 70m seems to be set to a pretty high value causing silenced kills with axes or guns to be recognized in that radius; I really dont like the idea that my mates or me can now get revealed by that when doing sneaky action. The combat system is targeted to PVP but may give PVE players a bad time.

Edited by wickedinsane

)': I'm not in the credits.

Have some beans to take away the first wave of sadness even if you were not ment to be there :D

Edited by Zeppa

What bothers me in regards to the combat system is the fact that the radius with 70m seems to be set to a pretty high value causing silenced kills with axes or guns to be recognized in that radius; I really dont like the idea that I or my mates can now get revealed by that when doing sneaky action. The combat system is targeted to PVP but may give PVE players a bad time.

I agree.. The distance should be dropped to 10m, at least then you wont be in combat from your mate chopping a tree down.

The distance as it is now can be abused so much.

If im running through a forest and axe a cow for meat, anyone within 70m will be told im there.. Its Just stupid.

• Like 2

What about random broken legs at 12k blood when a walker hits you!?

It's ridiculous.

And where are the damn peripheral dots!?

These were rediculous... good thing that those are gone, no way to "cheat" now.

• Like 1

I agree.. The distance should be dropped to 10m, at least then you wont be in combat from your mate chopping a tree down.

The distance as it is now can be abused so much.

If im running through a forest and axe a cow for meat, anyone within 70m will be told im there.. Its Just stupid.

You don't physically hack the tree to get wood and it's only 30 seconds, not the end of the world.

There should be no combat icon showing that someone used a hatchet near you though, that's a joke.

What about random broken legs at 12k blood when a walker hits you!?

It's ridiculous.

Wasn't there always the chance of being crit-hitted with one punch? I remember two, three times where (with full blood) the first hit by a zombie was a crit and smashed my legs.

However, since I like the realism aspect, I can live well with not seeing the peripheral dots any more; for me there is no sensible reason to have them; I dont like indicators showing me something which I would otherwise not see - its like enabling "perfect lines" in racing games - I just want to find out myself - if I fail I know where I have to improve (btw remember that when using night vision the indicators were also not there all the time before).

The loss of the debug monitor is ok to me; I would even appreciate the removal of 3rd person view, since looking around obstacles just does not make sense for a 1st person shooter.

Edited by wickedinsane
  • Like 3

I'm loving it so far. Although no more debug monitor? I like knowing my humanity...

I can hear a branch break 50m away when I'm hunting IRL ...you are saying you can kill a cow in a forrest and it shouldnt be detected... lol...

That's almost as silly as not being able to eat my beans in the car anymore...l know I can eat Burger King in my own car! How is this more realistic?

I'm loving it so far. Although no more debug monitor? I like knowing my humanity...

I can hear a branch break 50m away when I'm hunting IRL ...you are saying you can kill a cow in a forrest and it shouldnt be detected... lol...

That's almost as silly as not being able to eat my beans in the car anymore...l know I can eat Burger King in my own car! How is this more realistic?

This is a simulator, not an arcade game.

You need to have some form of sense of your surroundings, you do not have real field of view, nor do you have a the true depth of vision in the game, you need something like a sixth sense., something to be aware of your surroundings.

The peripheral dots needed a nerf but not exclusion from the mod.

Edited by narsil
  • Like 5

You hit the nail on yhe head.. You can HEAR branches breaking... You dont get some little logo in your vision saying that something is at least 70m away do you.

Cows make a sound when they die, if i player doesnt hear that then thats their fault. Not mine.

And you are NOT in combat when you axe a tree or kill a cow are you! Combat is a 2 way thing, the cow isnt going to turn around and kung fu kick you in the side of your head is it..

I really love what the combat system aims to do. I also think it will work well But 70m is just too much.

• Like 4

This is a simulator, not an arcade game.

You need to have some form of sense of your surroundings, you do not have real field of view, nor do you have a the true depth of vision in the game, you need something like a sixth sense., something to be aware of your surroundings.

The peripheral dots needed a nerf but not exclusion from the mod.

Why don't we have an FOV of 180? I believe I do in real life. When I'm looking straight I can still see directly to my sides.

-On the sides there can be blur like we'd have in real life

* [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.

* [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, then you go into combat. During combat, "ABORT" is disabled. (Need to look at the effects with high player counts)

* [NEW] Combat 30 sec timer on all combat actions.

absolutely fantastic, thanks!!!

• Like 1

I'm on the credit list woot.

I'm glad people get to try the new fixes from everyone involved, they are so much better.

It makes dayz more robust.

So, how does the combat system work when you're all teleported into the air by scripters and want to log out to save your character? Not every server has protection or roll back.

So, how does the combat system work when you're all teleported into the air by scripters and want to log out to save your character? Not every server has protection or roll back.

The CAT-5 cable goes around your ankle twice then plugs into the computer. one quick yank and you're safe. Of course, wireless connections are a bit trickier.... ;)

And you are NOT in combat when you axe a tree or kill a cow are you! Combat is a 2 way thing, the cow isnt going to turn around and kung fu kick you in the side of your head is it..

Err, yes you are. The countdown is on when you shoot the cow. Agreed on the kung fu. lol

With the DayZ Rolling Community Patches update thread; is that meant to represent what the community is currently working on, in the next patch to be released for DayZ Mod?