whatup2003

Get rid of all the sniper rifles

hell im game, nobody uses snipers on zombies anyhow...

Using snipers on zombies is not fun.

If any of you bothered to read the thread you would know that OP and the people he was arguing with came to a pretty solid understanding. Stop bumping this thread, it's over.

Edited by drseptapus

pin down an ural with you CZ, i'm watching.

Why pinning if you can shoot the driver? You shoot the Ural with the AS50 and it explodes, then you stand in front of a destryoed vehicle that respawns in 7 days, have fun waiting -.-

Or how about being smart and following the tracks the ural leaves and pin the Driver and his mates down in they'r camp and then steal the truck.

I guess all you want is KILL KILL KILL

To be honest you need snipers in game, they simply are part of the experience.

I do think shooting at distance should be more difficult to represent the vast majority of the characters would be inexperienced at best in the sniper department. Maybe more wind and drop effects.

I'm game with removing the sniper rifles.

As long as we're removing vehicles too.

Can we remove all food and drink too please? That way no hackers can survive for longer than 30 minutes

Can we remove all food and drink too please? That way no hackers can survive for longer than 30 minutes

You sir are fucking dumb

Dude its a joke... take a chill pill.

Actually, in regards to the post that started all of this, I wasn't joking.

Remove anti-materiel rifles, and remove the materiel as well. Unless we're going to get something that's about as common as cars to take down cars, they become unstoppable forces. Right now, though, every driver has to worry about just a short two shots from an AS50 killing them, their passengers, and destroying the cars and everything in it.

People seem to forget that the AS50 and M107 aren't made to be anti-personnel rifles. They just make damn fine ones when we're winging it.

Actually, if they fix the dupe/tent glitch and logging out and back in to respawn ammo, sniping would cut back. Really, how much ammo do you find for sniper rifles besides for the M24/DMR. The .50 cal rifles ammo is a pretty rare find, and if the shots that you had actually counted and could possibly run out of ammo then it would cut back. People wouldn't just spray Elektro and if they did, they would eventually run out.

Right now you can shoot a few pot shots, disconnect and reconnect with a full clip again.

Making the ammo for the DMR more rare and fixing the dupe/reconnect bugs would help. I do enjoy the sniper rifles however, and I don't snipe Elektro.

• Like 1

Removing Sniper rifles from a game is the thread you will always see in every game with rifles. because people just cant handle getting shot without having had the chance of doing something back. Well... sorry for you. But thats just the whole purpose of a sniper. Thats why they have to have the skill to be able to make those 1 shot kills from a distance instead of unloading a SMG or Machine gun at a person till he dies or hides himself.

What you need is some friends. That can back you up when theres a sniper. Me and my friends have killed almost every sniper we encountered.

As the sniper has advantages it also has its weaknesses. If he misses a single shot he can be very much fucked. and SMG or Rifle users on the other hand can easily pursue you or spray around you and still get a kill.

This thread needs to be Locked. Theres no point in discussing the taking away of sniper rifles in a realism survival zombie and player vs player large scale sandbox game.

Edited by vekien
  • Like 1

Honestly the solution would be: more snipers, (make the CZ drop near as much as the Enfield) yes that’s right, LET noobs shoot back you bush dwelling cocksuckers.

I agree, the biggest problem at the moment is the reloading ammo on login. It basically gave everyone infinite ammo, the other glitch where you can convert pistol ammo with 1 shot left to a full clip of the other kind and then back again pretty much does the same. That together with the faulty reloading in all rifles and pistols even makes people who do not want to use the method use it anyway.

If it gets fixed then we won't see less snipers but they will eventually run out of ammo and move off, welcome back realism.

Fuck it, lets just uninstall DayZ.

Fuck it, lets just uninstall DayZ.

Like I said in this post, my point's actually valid. Not my fault people think I'm joking.

killing whiny little bitches is fun, maybe i'll go spend some time on the coast & watch what happen in the suggestion forum when the busses filled with butthurt victims will start to arrive. Just for the lulz.

oh my god is everyone on this forum 12? the the amount of people that just say "this thread sucks" or "aww go cry" just because of the titles without thinking it through is doing my head in. this is a section that is designed around thinking about how the game play can be made more enjoyable, not to brag and / or cry about dying / killing. know the difference.

Personally I'm all for this idea (i must be a hipster, not slagging off the owner of a thread in suggestions) because there is nothing more annoying than spending over an hour making your way from the coast to a major city where you can finally get some decent loot, successfully making your way through the zombies and beginning to equip yourself, start thinking "hm, maybe there are some players here i can form a group with to make the game more sociable and fun" and then getting snipped by some loner 4 miles away who will then go over to your body and since they are already much better equipped than you are, probably take a can of baked beans and waste the rest of your items that you worked hard for. obviously this still happens for normal pvp, but the snipers are impossible to deal with and cannot be avoided. as far as i am concerned, if players are going to be able to kill other players and take their loot after all their hard work in finding it, they should have to put some real working in to getting the kills, rather than having the kills fed to them through a scope.

Edited by GexAlmighty

Even better solution. Make zombies that are in smaller towns or woods more powerful. Make zombies spawn in the woods if you stay in the same 100 sq meters for more than 5 minutes. No more safe zones means no more sniper campers, yeah?

5 minuits will cause problems for people who have just started, i like the concept though, and considering how long you have to sit there and camp, i think that 15 minuits in the same woods area should cause zombies to spawn around your location, or if you are camping on top of a building zombies should spawn on lower levels and make their way up to you. this is very unlikely to happen though since its very clear in this game that the Zed spawn mechanics are absolute crap at the moment, but perhaps further along develpment this is a great idea to keep the zombie survival aspect while not taking away peoples beloved sniper riffles (so no 12 year olds have to cry on this forum about threads like this.) great and simple suggestion. +1

Edited by GexAlmighty