Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

Max Plank, the question list grows dreadful :) Any way to remind Rocket about it? I can try to contact somebody if you want.

Max Plank, the question list grows dreadful :) Any way to remind Rocket about it? I can try to contact somebody if you want.

It is indeed dreadful, a hundred and two questions and growing!

Rocket is aware of it though, I saw him nosing around in here the other day. I guess he is still busy with the patch but I hope he is taking a break. No reason to get burned out, DayZ will do just fine.

Funny thing, I had a bunch of questions myself but every time I sit down at the computer they disappear from my mind.

EDIT: I see you are up to three pages on the russian side already. Anything good, or is it more "Why do you not fix hacking" questions?

Edited by Max Planck

Good! Ok. Let's wait.

As for the questions in my thread... I'm filtering them. Most of questions are exact copies of the questions answered by Rocket in his interviews. Luckily I have thoroughly translated them all in Russian (even let's play videos ), put it in News section and give links to it whenever somebody "dupes" another question.

But mostly people ask when do you add this AK or this AK, and will you add custom weapon sights change ability. Of course "Do you plan to fix hacking issues when people use teleports, map markup, loot spawn?" I usually slap them with simple "Have you seriously thought Rocket will ever answer NO to this?" =)

A lot of cries about nerfing weapons, but some questions are good. The good ones I pick up and send translate to you.

Q: Any news when the new update will be released? It's getting annoying having to log in/out 5 times whenever going close to airfields.

Q: Is there a reason why this Great graphical error when looking at an area that contains the decent loot & dead soldiers is always the place you get shot in the head and is known and Exploited at it's finest or worst not sure which applies, hurting other people in a non conpedative way is pure waste of time, unless you play the game to crawl into exploitation. ;) Is it very complicated to remove dead soldier's bodies? (I honestly don't know)

(If there is a better word let me know)

Sorry if this is rehashed a new player here that has been getting annoyed at bad programming costing me hours(not a complaint it is a great game, just a simple fact) personally I could not see a bigger issue than cheating causing others icky feelings will always hurt the delveloper over me unless maybe they trick me out of 70buckaroo's

Edited by Vae

Q: Are you going to change it so you can fill your cantine when there is more water falling from the sky then in the lakes?

Edited by Vae

Q: When and if the standalone game comes out will it have greatly simplified controls? I bought this game for Dayz and not for Arma and feel most of the controls are there to complement Arma rather than Dayz.

Q: Will the ability to "invite to group" happen and then while that is active have you're friends name tags be displayed above there head?

Q: What about a function where if you choose a server then you are only aloud to play on that server? Like any MMORPG which this basically is.

Q: Is it possible thermals could be removed? I feel that these offer unfair advantage to people who have been "lucky" to find them?

Last but not least,

Q: I realize Rocket is using limited resources in the production of this Mod/game but given that DayZ alone has boosted sales in Arma 2 and CO is it not in Bohemia's best interest to assist in the development in the Standalone or Mod for Arma 3?

Edited by jamiebhoy

Q: When and if you do release it as standalone, will the maps be similar to Chenarus, or different?

Q: Any news when the new update will be released? It's getting annoying having to log in/out 5 times whenever going close to airfields.

Q: Is there a reason why this Great graphical error when looking at an area that contains the decent loot & dead soldiers is always the place you get shot in the head and is known and Exploited at it's finest or worst not sure which applies, hurting other people in a non conpedative way is pure waste of time, unless you play the game to crawl into exploitation. ;) Is it very complicated to remove dead soldier's bodies? (I honestly don't know)

(If there is a better word let me know)

Sorry if this is rehashed a new player here that has been getting annoyed at bad programming costing me hours(not a complaint it is a great game, just a simple fact) personally I could not see a bigger issue than cheating causing others icky feelings will always hurt the delveloper over me unless maybe they trick me out of 70buckaroo's

Questions about the ongoing patch/hotfix are not likely to be answered here. No more "are we there yet?" questions, please!

Q: Are you going to change it so you can fill your cantine when there is more water falling from the sky then in the lakes?

Q: How much more content/features will be added before release?

Q: When and if the standalone game comes out will it have greatly simplified controls? I bought this game for Dayz and not for Arma and feel most of the controls are there to complement Arma rather than Dayz.

Q: Will the ability to "invite to group" happen and then while that is active have you're friends name tags be displayed above there head?

Q: Is it possible thermals could be removed? I feel that these offer unfair advantage to people who have been "lucky" to find them?

Q: I realize Rocket is using limited resources in the production of this Mod/game but given that DayZ alone has boosted sales in Arma 2 and CO is it not in Bohemia's best interest to assist in the development in the Standalone or Mod for Arma 3?

Added, 'single-server-character' question has been removed as it has already been asked. Please read the original post before asking questions.

Q: When and if you do release it as standalone, will the maps be similar to Chenarus, or different?

I think #39 covers that fairly well, don't you? Please read the original post before asking questions.

Can we change the temperature for the effects Infection to 33 and Cold to 36?

(cause it makes more sense)

Temperature is a work in progress, and as you might have discovered it is no longer listed on the debug monitor so it makes no sense to change the values. The values simply aren't there to change anymore.

Q. When is spawning in the debug plains going to be fixed?

As soon as they figure out how to fix it! What do you expect him to say?

No more "are we there yet?" questions, please!

Can you make it so a player's grass draw distance is equal to their player visibility distance to make grass useful for hiding?

May I answer?

when is this 1.7.2.5 patch finally coming out?!

No more "are we there yet?" questions, please!

• Like 1

Will the Final version have any benefits for those who played before Beta? Like Minecraft and its Skins for Alpha players?

Ok i'll try to keep it to a yes or no answer...

I want to play Dayz in the spirit of MGS 3/4 ..Stealth/CQC. In the long run (standalone), will there be more Stealth involved in the game?

things Such as :

• stealth kill anims, strangle, stab, cut throat etc
  • Hug tree to blend in, like arnie in predator
  • Knives, Katanas
  • Smooth slow, stealthy anims. (Important as human eye sight picks up on jerky movement)
  • support for analogue control of movement/speed control
  • Attack/ counter attack melee moves
  • climb trees

Q: What Engine do you envision the standalone being built on. What improvements will come from the new engine?