Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

Q: With all due respect, how much of the threads in the suggestion forum board are actually read by rocket? I put quite some thought and time in trying to provide useful feedback so I'd like to know if the info was actually brought over.

Q: when will we get the dog companion you teased us about awhile ago?

Excited to hear about the cosmetic city carnage and clothing system thingy being a priority!

Can't wait for the next batch of answers.

You and me both.

I've stickied it now, replies will be up tomorrow. Thanks so much for organizing this, it is a good way of dealing with things.

Thank you for answering, we all know you are busy. Well, you better be!

Q. Servers are down, Do you know when they will be up again?

Just wondering if you know or maybe its something not to do with you I'm not sure.

Try this: http://dayzmod.com/f...wn-how-to-play/ it shows you how to join servers via the 'remote' button.

Q: Since when is a hatchet reloadable? J/k Real Question: In the standalone, will the map be the same? Different? Bigger? Smaller?

Map question added.

Q: With all due respect, how much of the threads in the suggestion forum board are actually read by rocket? I put quite some thought and time in trying to provide useful feedback so I'd like to know if the info was actually brought over.

I'll answer that myself: All of them! He's hardly coding these days, only reading pony threads.

Q: when will we get the dog companion you teased us about awhile ago?

The dog turned out to be a bastard, wouldn't run up hills. Like zeds.

I'll add it anyway.

Edited by Max Planck

Do you plan on removing the black models?, for obvious reasons

What the buggery fuck is that supposed to mean?

• Like 3

Q: Are there plans for future additions to the map? Such as a new city, rivers, etc.?

Edited by Rickets

Is it possible for game to mark the killer victim relationship so a loot limitation system can be set up survivor not lootable by bandits this might lead to interesting stand offs pressured trades or other non lethal interactions instead of the shoot first we have now?

Q Are you aware of the immediate players body despawns after death and dead body sound without any bodies and will you fix it both ?

Q: Is it possible that we can get versions of some of the simple features/solutions to common problems from other mods like ACE, such as: Grenade launcher reticle adjustments and foldable leaf sights, combat deafness, fast roping, fire, non-leathal devices, grenade throw adjustments, NVG adjustments, map tools, wire cutters, weapon resting/bipods, etc?

Q: One of the things I got used to years ago with my experience in emergant gameplay/persistant worlds are "game masters", or trusted in-game 'moderators' (staff) who helped advance player/world story lines in ways not possible from simple player clients while always staying within the scope of the lore/narrative. Is this something you've thought about at all for DayZ?

Edited by TheCapulet

New questions added, except:

Is it possible for game to mark the killer victim relationship so a loot limitation system can be set up survivor not lootable by bandits this might lead to interesting stand offs pressured trades or other non lethal interactions instead of the shoot first we have now?

I'm not completely sure I understand, do you mean that 'bandits' should not be able to loot 'survivors'? If so, he has said that there will be no obstacles to pvp other than those we make ourselves (paraphrased).

Q Are you aware of the immediate players body despawns after death and dead body sound without any bodies and will you fix it both ?

I'm very sure he is aware of it, if not, he is now.

From now on I will update this thread once daily.

Edited by Max Planck

Q: When Day Z goes standalone, are there any plans to increase the amount of loot/heli crash/vehicle spawns to increase immersion (e.g. more scavenging rather than going directly to the spots you know loot will be) and to make it harder for players to use out of game item maps to grind for vehicles and good loot? I find it takes some of the survival feel out of the game if you know exactly where to go in order to find the good stuff.

also

Q: are there any plans to add more interiors to buildings prior to standalone?

Q: In the future will you enable players to become infected with the zombie virus, infecting others they come in contact with and eventually succumbing to the infection becoming a zombie themselves? I think player controlled zombies would be a really exciting addition, and infected people would cause all sorts of backstabbing, mistrust etc.

Q: When Day Z goes standalone, are there any plans to increase the amount of loot/heli crash/vehicle spawns to increase immersion (e.g. more scavenging rather than going directly to the spots you know loot will be) and to make it harder for players to use out of game item maps to grind for vehicles and good loot? I find it takes some of the survival feel out of the game if you know exactly where to go in order to find the good stuff.

I did a little creative editing:

Q: When Day Z goes standalone, are there plans to add more random loot/heli crash/vehicle spawns?

Happy?

Q: In the future will you enable players to become infected with the zombie virus, infecting others they come in contact with and eventually succumbing to the infection becoming a zombie themselves? I think player controlled zombies would be a really exciting addition, and infected people would cause all sorts of backstabbing, mistrust etc.

More creative editing:

Q: Will you enable player to become infected with zombie virus, and to infect others?

See what I did? To the point, without opinion.

• Like 4

I did a little creative editing:

Q: When Day Z goes standalone, are there plans to add more random loot/heli crash/vehicle spawns?

Happy?

much more succinct, thankyou : )

Nice thread Max, glad to see it got pinned. Inbound beans my man :)

Q Will a new map/maps be built for the standalone or even the mod and if so what sort of features can we expect in this map?

Edited by whfbee
  • Like 1

Q: How far away are we from the new website design you showed us at "rezzed"?

Q: What do you think of adding local notification sounds and messages for player logins and logouts?

Hacking has clearly become a major issue. What can players and server admins do towards reporting and assisting with identification and banning of these players?

Will you fix the rampant hacking? (ie. i can't play a server more than an hour without some obvious sign. and that's during an 8 hour play session 3 days in a row.)

Q. Do you plan on implementing radios in the Alpha? On the subject, what are your plans for the radio system?

I'm aware of the talks about Baby Monitors. Personally I don't like the idea: Lots of programming for something that can only broadcast so far, realistically.

I've listed my ideas for the radio system in the Suggestions thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...s/page__st__100

Edited by Wulfsok

What new features in Arma3 do you see being the most likely to be added to the mod? (i.e. diving for food, new lighting ideas, etc) [supplice VI]

Q Will a new map/maps be built for the standalone or even the mod and if so what sort of features can we expect in this map?

Q: Do you have a timetable of rolling out a new map/s?

No more map questions please, already asked...

Q: How far away are we from the new website design you showed us at "rezzed"?

Added.

Q: What do you think of adding local notification sounds and messages for player logins and logouts?

Added.

Hacking has clearly become a major issue. What can players and server admins do towards reporting and assisting with identification and banning of these players?

You can report it in the appropriate places.

Q: There just aren't enough of each vehicle in game. Can we get some more vehicle spawns please?

Already asked...

Will you fix the rampant hacking? (ie. i can't play a server more than an hour without some obvious sign. and that's during an 8 hour play session 3 days in a row.)

What do you expect him to say? "No I will not fix hacking, I love it too much"? He already answered this many times, you can read all his posts in his profile.

Q. Do you plan on implementing radios in the Alpha? On the subject, what are your plans for the radio system?

I'm aware of the talks about Baby Monitors. Personally I don't like the idea: Lots of programming for something that can only broadcast so far, realistically.

I've listed my ideas for the radio system in the Suggestions thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...s/page__st__100

Please don't do that with the size and font, I like to be able to cut and paste. Your question is no more important than anybody else's.

What new features in Arma3 do you see being the most likely to be added to the mod? (i.e. diving for food, new lighting ideas, etc) [supplice VI]

Already in there, close to the top. I'll rephrase it so it becomes more clear.

Please guys, read the questions before posting. Updating this thread is a bit of a bitch, please help me out a little. No need for duplicates, opinion, concealed whines or colossal letters.

Thank you.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2