Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

Since the standalone will be on a Hybrid of the arma 2 engine and RV4, will it be possible down the line with standalone to move to RV4 completely? (Say beta or whatever)

Would it be possible to allow canteens to be placed on the belt (equipment slots), which is one of the express purposes of a web belt IRL anyway?

afnqY.jpg

Edited by Star

I just hope rocket would still be so kind to finish the mod for ArmA II, in the terms of finish what you started.

I just hope rocket would still be so kind to finish the mod for ArmA II, in the terms of finish what you started.

So try and log in, stuck on loading screen, so open task manager end task and low and behold next time I manage to log in I am at the coast, I know your are trying to combat Alt+F4 but this is really horrible!

Where are the questions??

This is not a thread to vent frustration in, read the OP before posting please.

Stop spamming this thread or it will be closed again.

Edited by Max Planck

Do think we will be able to interact with the landscape more in the full release. Ie, terraforming to dig fox holes, chopping trees for bunkers and possibly drinking from water sources without containers? Thanks!

OP updated.

Some questions have not been added, since they have already been answered.

Since Rocket has said he is going to answer these questions in time, I'll unlock the thread again. But please don't spam it with non-sense, it makes it really tedious to update it.

• Like 1

How does he feel about the current health system and does he plan to change it and make it more realistic? I feel silly eating 3 cow/50 cans of food to regain all my health.

Edited by keisukekun
  • Like 1

How does he feel about the current health system and does he plan to change it and make it more realistic? I feel silly eating 3 cow/50 cans of food to regain all my health.

Recent interview: "We will completely revise medical and inventory system + all new UI design will be made from scratch" -Rocket (not literally)

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

Will there be some kind of durability system for foot? Meat could be conserved with salt or put in tin cans, which increase the durability but decreases the amount of blood received. Bad food makes you sick.

Will we have more reasons to sit around a campfire? For example playing music, healing blood or getting some kind of bonus.

How will DayZ be released? (thru Download/Website or thru gaming stores and to what continents will this be available as I am afraid that this game might not reach me (in SouthEast Asia))

Will this questions really be answered?

According to the Big Cheese, yes. No word on when, though.

1a - Will Standalone support XP (64) ? (On the IGN chat, Rocket said that the engine would be Arma 2 with bits of Arma 3 code appropriated - which suggests continued XP support. However on the forums, people say it will be DirectX 10 and 11 ONLY. Which is true ?)

1b - Will we be forced to use STEAM for Standalone ? Steam takes up 200mb of precious, precious RAM.

1c - Will Standalone finally break the 2gb barrier ? (as Arma 2 cannot use more than 2Gb of RAM (-maxmem 2047)

2 - Will Standalone have the same 'absolute darkness' that Alpha has ? Or it will it have varying degrees of darkness ? Can you give the Zombies glowing red eyes at nighttime ? (Maybe the virus has caused retinal bloody supply to exponentially increase, reflecting even small amounts of light as a red glow ?)

3 - Will underground cave complexes be introduced to the many hills in Chernarus+ ? And the underground military viral research centre at Green Hill, will it be implemented in Standalone ?

4 - Will there be other constructable sources of light - such as torches (wood + rags + match) in Standalone ?

Q: Is there going to be a alpha and beta for standalone?