Max Planck

dayzmod.com - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

post-34627-0-05017400-1343367425.png Questions from Russian question thread

Q: Do you plan to implement any other needs besides thirst, hunger and keeping warm? [Rabbitman]

Q: Are you keeping in touch with ACE mod development team and do you plan to borrow some of ACE weaponry and features (for example changeable weapon sights and optics)? [Ravian]

Q: Are you going to work on optimization of the game engine to increase FPS? It seems that now you can only play comfortably in DayZ if you have the newest top hardware. [Hopss]

Q: Are you planing to remove the Zombie Zig Zagging or reduce speed?

Edited by TSAndrey

Ok, OP updated.

I tried to quote all of you, but the forum has a secret limit on the number of quotes you can make. This means you will have to come up with some sarcastic remarks yourselves. That is, if you are one of the idiots who asked about the damage nerf. Rocket didn't do it! Is that clear?

Here's a link to the answer for the ACRE question: http://dayzmod.com/f...t__40#entry9192

Edited by Max Planck

Ok, i have some questions, but I am not hoping for many answers, it is too soon.

Q: Is DayZ standalone going to be a BIS published game?

Q: Is DayZ standalone going to be distributed online at BIS website or is DayZ going to be a spinoff with it's own full identity and maybe a separate studio?

Q: Do you expect or even want to release DayZ on Steam/GOG/Desura/Origin/Amazon?

Q: Project Zomboid and Minecraft have already had huge problems selling Minecraft development type games with VISA and Paypal, as people was paying for an unfinished product. Have you worked this out yet?

Q: Do you already have a name for DayZ standalone? Other than DayZ Standalone, that is...

Q: I keep throwing money at my screen but it won't take it. When?

Q: How many people is working in the standalone atm? Not testing, but coding and such.

Q: Do you still expect servers to be fan hosted in DayZ Standalone?

Ok, OP updated.

I tried to quote all of you, but the forum has a secret limit on the number of quotes you can make. This means you will have to come up with some sarcastic remarks yourselves. That is, if you are one of the idiots who asked about the damage nerf. Rocket didn't do it! Is that clear?

Here a link to the answer for the ACRE question: http://dayzmod.com/f...t__40#entry9192

I asked two legit questions, that you belittled.

Q1: Why was damage reduced in the last beta patch?

BI has allowed beta patches with content for DayZ, this was discussed in an interview a month ago with President of BI, Arma 1.61 was BI's endorsement of DayZ and would have content specifcally for DayZ in it. Now the beta patch reduces weapon damage for many of the most common weapons in day z, creating more of a first tear weapon group. Not all of these changes fit into reality, the 7.62x39 ie AK74 one of the most common assault rifles now does less damage than the AR style 5.56 rifles when in reality it should do more. The Lee enfield damage should be the same as any other full caliber rifle but it was also reduced. All handguns have been reduced to the point that it takes near a full clip to kill a player. Shotguns have been reduced when their slug round should be just as effective as a .50 out to 150m. The fact that all of these are the "common" weapons makes this stink of balancing which has no place in an authentic setting. If Rocket had nothing to do with this beta batch then BI did, does BI want this balanced? Thats why I asked this question, Rocket should know why this occured, if its part of his grand experiment or part of making zeds harder to deal with fine, but I would like this answered.

Q2: (Related to validity of Q1) Will any of the games hard core features such as realistic damage, perma death, eating, and open pvp be dumped to appeal to a more casual mass market audience like many other existing persistent world products??

If the damage reduction was forced by BI, or if was for balancing then this is valid question, will many of the games hard core features such as realistic damage or perma death be dumped to appeal to a more casual mass market audience?

Edited by xXI Mr Two IXx

Hey, guy. Any posts containing things like "Are you going to cave to casual mass market crybabies?" will be belittled or ignored.

Don't act the prick and you won't be treated like one, I don't want this thread to decent into something like the 'update pending' thread.

Keep it clean.

• Like 1

With the new alt F4 tracking going in, have you considered asking suma/dwarden/whichever sorcerer is making new scripting commands to add in an "isSuppressed" command to help identify those who are logging out under fire better?

I've edited my post by removing what you've deamed belittling descriptions.

I also believe both questions are completly valid due to the number of duplicated threads on the forum and recent update.

When the standalone comes, will it use the arma III engine as you planned to with the mod? Also, kickstarter.

Updated, warts and all.

Have you thought about adding REAL melee? if so Is it directional melee combat?, see M&B warband for reference

I missed this earlier, sorry about that.

Since the current engine will not allow for M&B-like melee, I have rephrased your question like so:

Q: How will melee be in the standalone? Will it be directional like in Mount&Blade?

Happy with that?

EDIT: Anyone know how many characters a post can hold? OP is starting to look a bit crowded.

Edited by Max Planck

Will more elaborate buildings, houses constructs and shelters be added within Arma 3 DayZ instead of these simplistic ones?

Mr Two has some good questions, I would like to hear from them. I am in no way affiliated with him.

Will more elaborate buildings, houses constructs and shelters be added within Arma 3 DayZ instead of these simplistic ones?

Where was DayZ for Arma 3 confirmed? Can you link?

When are we going to have these "artifacting" issues resolved. it is a total game breaker and makes me not even want to log in anymore for the fear of dying because I can't see?

Why was weapon damage reduced?

Are you going to cave to casual mass market cry babies?

get this straight... ARMA nerfed the weapons... not him... why is it so damn hard for people to realize this?

post-34627-0-62564500-1343547647.png Questions from Russian question thread

Q: Will there be ability for you to track and block the servers with altered serverfiles? I joined some of these servers and they had either junk instead of loot everywhere, or "top" loot from the barracks in every house. [Denix]

Q: Rocket, please, can you seriously comment on the standalone release day rumours? They say it’s about to be released in September, but we all understand it’s unrealistic date. [shtirlizlive]

Q: Will there be more of the random events like helicopter crash sites? [qvrock]

Q: Are you planning to fix something to take out constant and total PvP on the servers? 14 of 15 cases players shoot each other without any reasoning. [_TONY_]

Q: Amount of DayZ weapons is very short compared to Arma2 arsenal. Is it possible to add all the weapons from Arma2 but with some definitely rare spawn percent. e.g. 0.1%? [FiCS]

Q: Will there be any system to monitor the psychological state of your character? In reality all the murders, blood, body examinations, mass graves etc. influence personality very much. Even ingame it is influencing, I killed just one player in my whole game time and still feel guilty for it. [mel_F]

Q: Are you okay with the latest Arma2 patch weapon damage reduction? Have you been aware and think it is suits DayZ fine? [Hopps]

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail

Thread updated, many questions and a single answer (#77) added.

As for this one,

Q: Are you okay with the latest Arma2 patch weapon damage reduction? Have you been aware and think it is suits DayZ fine? [Hopps]

the answers are here: http://www.reddit.co...details/c5k7u2f

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Why did you disable Respawn Button? And what is coming therefore? That was the only solution to get out of Wilderness without spending much time..

Stop screwing up the game only cause some people cry about that.. -.- Me and a friend ended now in that wilderness area and we will stop playing dayz until you guys start to fix real problems!! so pissed right now..

Q: Are you planning to do the DayZ a standalone game and not a modification Arma 2?

Will we ever get a heavier vehicle sometime in the future like a Hummvee, a BRDM/BTR or even a T-34 (like I suggested before the old forum broke)?

Q. My friend recently did a poll on the AK spawning too much for how powerful it is and as a replacement adding the SKS. 95 percent of people voted to add the SKS. Would you add the SKS or a similar weapon to the game to balance things out?

Edited by Nick8478