lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.17

Why is the 4-round mag for the CZ550 rifle not spawning? It was in cgfspawnabletypes.xml during experimental but seems to have been removed, why?

15 hours ago, YaneonY said:

Where the FUCK is LINUX server??????

My brother in chroist.....  ya'll linux fanbois make up about 1% of steams playerbase. 

Calm.

Down.

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

My brother in chroist.....  ya'll linux fanbois make up about 1% of steams playerbase. 

Calm.

Down.

I think he means servers that are run on Linux, not players on Linux.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, Girth Brooks said:

You should probably visit the school to learn to read or visit the doctor if you're blind. Linux Servers have nothing with Steam...

On 4/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, Masgel said:

I think he means servers that are run on Linux, not players on Linux. 

As I wrote above, LINUX SERVER. This guy is blind.

Heard multiple people reported that vehicles despawn no matter what now since 1.17 even if set up correctly via events and types

Even had reports of vehicles despawning from people while driving them or while stood right next to them

On 4/22/2022 at 3:53 AM, YaneonY said:

Where the FUCK is LINUX server??????

Most likely it will take a very long time, because the server for Linux was added in version 1.14 of the experimental branch.
In fact, it works stably, but for some reason it was not included in the stable branch.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, Derleth said:

Why is the 4-round mag for the CZ550 rifle not spawning? It was in cgfspawnabletypes.xml during experimental but seems to have been removed, why?

it was in cfgspawnabletypes.xml, but never types.xml. 

45 minutes ago, Infernales said:

Most likely it will take a very long time, because the server for Linux was added in version 1.14 of the experimental branch.
In fact, it works stably, but for some reason it was not included in the stable branch.

why do you think it will take a long time? it went EXP months ago. bugs have been found and reported. no update even in status lately. argh.

5 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

why do you think it will take a long time? it went EXP months ago. bugs have been found and reported. no update even in status lately. argh.

Because Bohemia does everything for a very long time. I would also like to see the release of the server for Linux at least this year, but I doubt something.

Back to what I said earlier. Linux has a small user base. And even less servers use it. 

Have fun

10 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Back to what I said earlier. Linux has a small user base. And even less servers use it.  

Have fun

LOL! How desperate do you have to be to use Windows Server on a server?
Firstly, it is expensive, secondly, it is unsafe, and thirdly, it is an absolutely unjustified waste of server resources for the operation of the OS.

5 hours ago, Infernales said:

LOL! How desperate do you have to be to use Windows Server on a server?
Firstly, it is expensive, secondly, it is unsafe, and thirdly, it is an absolutely unjustified waste of server resources for the operation of the OS.

This post, and your other posts in this thread, are based on speculation and opinion. Try using some facts. It’s hard, it’s expensive, it takes too long, it’s unsafe ….are all subjective.   “Desperate”??? Give me a break, ffs. Sometimes time and money are not as important as what you deem them to be.  Girth was only answering your question. 

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Parazight said:

This post, and your other posts in this thread, are based on speculation and opinion. Try using some facts. It’s hard, it’s expensive, it takes too long, it’s unsafe ….are all subjective.   “Desperate”??? Give me a break, ffs. Sometimes time and money are not as important as what you deem them to be.  Girth was only answering your question.  

I worked in a data center that provides server rentals. Of the 10,000 rental applications, only 15 are for servers with Windows. Now think for yourself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infernales said:

I worked in a data center that provides server rentals. Of the 10,000 rental applications, only 15 are for servers with Windows. Now think for yourself.

My post still stands true.  I also don’t care about your irrelevant work history. 

4 hours ago, Infernales said:

It just makes sense to have a Linux server for dayz. 80% of servers in the real world runs linux. For a a small time operator it is very cost effective to run, admins are easy to get, and linux is very flexible and it is very capable at running diverse workloads. And the big one, most patches can go in without a reboot!

It is way cheaper to commission a linux server for dayz than it is with windows. To pay for a windows server  when you can get linux practically free makes no sense imho.

With all that said, Windows is very capable. So it boils down to personal preference and money. AND it is great to have options! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Infernales said:

I worked for a large .COM that ran its entire public facing services on Windows. I've worked for 2 cloud companies that support both Windows and Linux, but what's your point again? 

The usage of dayz servers on linux is currently 0, because it doesn't exist. everyone who rents a windows server, pays the m$ft tax, so I'm sure that regular server owners as well as GSPs would like to have a linux version (of course the GSP would pocket the savings, but... capitalism, lol).

On 4/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, Infernales said:

Because Bohemia does everything for a very long time. I would also like to see the release of the server for Linux at least this year, but I doubt something.

you may be right, but it seemed soclose when it was release on the EXP branch. why tease us?!

On 4/25/2022 at 12:20 PM, Callatic said:

Heard multiple people reported that vehicles despawn no matter what now since 1.17 even if set up correctly via events and types

Even had reports of vehicles despawning from people while driving them or while stood right next to them

Sounds like a server and/or mod problem. Doesn't happen on my servers and has not happened on any server I play on, your post is the first I have heard about it. However, at least up until 1.16 restarts could still occasionally bounce vehicles around, and if they hit something and got ruined in that process they would be deleted by the economy before any players got to login. That bug was mostly taken care of in some patch last year or 2020, can't remember, but it could still happen to vehicles parked too close to geometry with collision. Still haven't seen any cars moving between restarts since 1.17 though.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Sounds like a server and/or mod problem. Doesn't happen on my servers and has not happened on any server I play on, your post is the first I have heard about it. However, at least up until 1.16 restarts could still occasionally bounce vehicles around, and if they hit something and got ruined in that process they would be deleted by the economy before any players got to login. That bug was mostly taken care of in some patch last year or 2020, can't remember, but it could still happen to vehicles parked too close to geometry with collision. Still haven't seen any cars moving between restarts since 1.17 though.

Awesome!  This is still a dayz forum.  Thought i was in the wrong place for a minute.

15 hours ago, Parazight said:

My post still stands true.  I also don’t care about your irrelevant work history. 

Then you can bring some facts or weakly?

And yes, if you want to continue the verbal skirmish with me, then be kind enough to write in private messages.

I don't think the moderators will like to purge this thread of our posts.

9 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I worked for a large .COM that ran its entire public facing services on Windows.

Well, perverts are everywhere. I would not risk such a step, I feel sorry for my time and my money.

Again, this will require a very good hardware firewall with Linux or BSD.

9 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

you may be right, but it seemed soclose when it was release on the EXP branch. why tease us?! 

In this situation, I want to be right the last thing.

Thanks for the Update.

Please FIX Ultra Wide Screen witdh, it is not possible to read the details of items when using more than a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Dayz-UWide.png

Edited by Alex Heyne
  • Like 1

Was food and drink altered again in this patch? I know 1.16 fiddled about with it a bit, but it goes down insanely fast when you're at full white now. It's bloody ridiculous TBH. A player cannot stay full white hydration/calories for longer than what seems 20 minutes or less now.

What the hell is the point in that?

Also, can we please do away with that fake full stomach symbol please. It's a massive pain in the arse. The symbol should only appear when the player literally cannot eat or drink any more. As it is now, it's just annoying.