lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.17

10 hours ago, Infernales said:

I don't think the moderators will like to purge this thread of our posts.

No mods here so just say whatever you want. They jumped ship a while back.

• Confused 1

Vehicle persistance works fine on my server aswell, no despawning. But did anyone else notice the insanely fast overheating inside vehicles? What the hell? 😄

PC Stable 1.17 Update 2 - Version 1.17.154754 (Released on 02.05.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
  • It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
  • It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
  • The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
  • Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
  • Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
  • Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)
  • Headtracking TrackIR was not functioning (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164166)

MODDING

• Added: CGame.GetHostName() and CGame.GetHostData() methods for client to get information about currently connected server
  • Fixed: Referencing AbstractWave would give an empty compilation error on Retail instead of just a warning in certain scenarios
  • Changed: AbstractWave has private ctor and dtor in Diag/Workbench to warn about script deleting it while it shouldn't
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So equipment will now stay when I skin death player? We was really surprised when it disappeared 😄

Does it mean that all characters and items will also be wiped/resetted?

I know that the PR manager said that testing of the new part of the engine, that handles car physics, would be happening ‘in the coming weeks’, but that was MONTHS ago. So I assume BI just abandoned that idea.   The vehicle physics are still worst in the industry, so please do not abandon this project like all the others.  

I know it’s not the norm, but could the company follow up with some communication?  Maybe some interaction from the brand manager??  What’s going on with this???  THANKS!!!!!1!!1!1!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Parazight said:

I know it’s not the norm, but could the company follow up with some communication?  Maybe some interaction from the brand manager??  What’s going on with this???  THANKS!!!!!1!!1!1!

That's just Crazy talk, Para!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It seems when driving in the rain, you now get wet. this was not the case in 1.16. Probably has to do with adding warmth from driving.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, Parazight said:

I know that the PR manager said that testing of the new part of the engine, that handles car physics, would be happening ‘in the coming weeks’, but that was MONTHS ago. So I assume BI just abandoned that idea.   The vehicle physics are still worst in the industry, so please do not abandon this project like all the others.  

+1 on this. in my company we sometimes talk about roadmap items in terms of quarters at least. Q3 maybe? I didn't hold my breath when that status went out, but considering they never say anything until its practically ready, I was hopeful. Now, not so much.

I'm guessing it might be the zombie kill bug, but idk for sure... but my computer can only play DayZ on all "poor" or off settings... it's older.... but after this patch DayZ has never felt smoother or more responsive and my server is High Pop. My frames aren't any better but it feels soooo smooth and responsive.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:53 AM, Kyiara said:

I was going nuts thinking it was my SSD or my antivirus or something else in my rig. After some days playing I haven't noticed it anymore, so now I read that you fixed this, that must have been what I was experiencing.

Thank you for fixing it and also thank you to whoever found and reported it, I would have had no idea relating it to the death of infected.

There is one new bug, that drives me crazy... mouse sensitivity mode switching doesnt work in all situations and you end up aiming with camera mouse sensitivity instead of aiming sensitivity.

Here is a situation where it happens all the time:

1. Starting with empty hands - important!

2. Press a number button to take a gun in hands (works with all types, but a rifle is best for testing -> longer animation)

3. Press and hold right mouse button (or what you defined for aiming) before the "take a gun into hands" animation ends

You are aiming with camera mouse speed now. You have to cancel aiming and aim again to aim with aiming mouse speed.

For players like me, who are used to run around with empty hands all the time, this is a nightmare.

Switching from one gun to another does not trigger this bug.

• Like 1

is it normal that i have to change my "Update in background" to "graphic and sound" from just graphic everytime i launch the game? it's on "2" inside the config as well, but it just doesn't seem to work

edit: its definitely a bug, gonna make a ticket

Edited by Buakaw

I have been playing dayz for the last 3 months and have been randomly dying! A couple of times in the field and i wrote it off as a good sniper got me - however i know now that there is a serious bug due to this happening 

i was in my base which is the following - a large wood shed and i have a double fence perimeter with 2 gates and one of the gates is on the wood shed which also has double doors - i was in my shed with both doors on the shed closed and the gate i built on the shed closed as well and my outside gate closed and locked - i had  a wood crate in hand as i just built one and when i picked it up and took two steps i dropped dead for no reason - i was full health no illnesses fully clothed with top gear no open wounds and my base was not being attacked. When i ran back to my base expecting to find my dead body and my base being attacked i actually found the opposite - no damage at all to any of my base or gates my gate locks were not touched and still were locked and when i entered into my large shed there was no dead body and no gear from my dead guy - this happened 2 other times in the field as once i was running in an open field full health full gear no cuts or illnesses no gun shots (and yes i understand snipers and silencers) when i died i spawned not too far away and was back where i died within 5 minutes and again no trace of my body or gear - when you die and your full gear there is no way that another player can take every single item off your body and then dispose of your body with 5 minutes - there is no way also this was a very large open field. The other time i dropped dead for no apparent reason i was standing in a small shed and died for no reason at all with all signs pointing to a very serious bug - this is on a top end gaming pc and i have 1 gig internet speed and have been gaming for a very long time - i have never played a game where your character just falls down dead for no reason at all. 

this game has a good foundation so i hope this gets fixed quickly as my patience is running out!!!

• Sad 1

people still come to forums to complain about how they died...

• Like 1