Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.14 (Changelog)

hi, let me ask about ghillie.

Now it is possible found in other place or only in helicrash?

the colour is given by the place where you find it, chernarus or livonia.....but it applies in crafted ghillie too?

24 minutes ago, steam-76561198354417046 said:

Can't wait for the release date. I can't play dayz thinking there will be a wipe soon(((

if you goto the dayz facebook page (ugh), it says there will not be a wipe. Not sure why it hasn't shown up on twitter or here.

• Beans 1

57 minutes ago, steam-76561198354417046 said:

Can't wait for the release date. I can't play dayz thinking there will be a wipe soon(((

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

if you goto the dayz facebook page (ugh), it says there will not be a wipe. Not sure why it hasn't shown up on twitter or here.

I think your best bet is to go to Twitter if you're waiting for information or wish to ask the team questions directly.  We asked about wipes on day 1 of the experimental release here on the official forums and got no response.  Weird that it's on Facebook, that's generally reserved for people stuck in the past nowadays. 

9 hours ago, Parazight said:

I think your best bet is to go to Twitter if you're waiting for information or wish to ask the team questions directly.  We asked about wipes on day 1 of the experimental release here on the official forums and got no response.  Weird that it's on Facebook, that's generally reserved for people stuck in the past nowadays. 

It's not weird at all.  They can choose to ignore who they want or what is being said at will on twitter and facebook.  Not so much here on the official forums.  You can't ignore the truth when it happens here.  It's harder for people to find the truth on Facebook and Twitter because of all the noise.  They just choose to ignore the entire forum here, it doesn't go away, but more importantly... people wanting to play the game come to the forum to see what is REALLY up with the game.  You don't get that kind of information on FB or Twitter.

• Like 2

One important thing related to crafting in Dayz in general - when you use a worm bait on your hook for instant it ends up on the ground instead of your inventory. I wish all crafting related topics ends up in your bag when you have free invetory space. It has been an issue for years so that one of the quality of life changes playing the game. 

5 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

One important thing related to crafting in Dayz in general - when you use a worm bait on your hook for instant it ends up on the ground instead of your inventory. I wish all crafting related topics ends up in your bag when you have free invetory space. It has been an issue for years so that one of the quality of life changes playing the game. 

When fully geared you have 222 unlimited inventory slots, maybe some containers like cooking pots, teddy bears and so on. Now your crafted item goes in your inventory. You have to look through all this, open all containers.

Of course there are ways to make them go where you want them. But when crafting in several steps, this would be just annoying.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

It's not weird at all.  They can choose to ignore who they want or what is being said at will on twitter and facebook.  Not so much here on the official forums.  You can't ignore the truth when it happens here.  It's harder for people to find the truth on Facebook and Twitter because of all the noise.  They just choose to ignore the entire forum here, it doesn't go away, but more importantly... people wanting to play the game come to the forum to see what is REALLY up with the game.  You don't get that kind of information on FB or Twitter.

whine whine whine thats all i see you doing on here... we dont come here to see you complain or to do it ourselves. This game has had so much added since this time last year and its only getting better. Keep it up devs!

Edited by The Apocalex
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Right. One thing that needs to be changed back to 1.13 levels is the suppressor damage, cos in 1.14 it sucks balls. A few shots and a "pristine" suppressor is already down to "worn". A few more and it's at "damaged".

This was perfect in 1.13 and it's been changed for the worse.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Right. One thing that needs to be changed back to 1.13 levels is the suppressor damage, cos in 1.14 it sucks balls. A few shots and a "pristine" suppressor is already down to "worn". A few more and it's at "damaged".

This was perfect in 1.13 and it's been changed for the worse.

Could you specify which weapon you are referring to here?

The pistol suppressor on a makarov and an MP5. The state of the suppressors on both weapons reduced very quickly and through very conservative use too (used only for headshots on zeds). I don't recall them wearing out as fast in 1.12. I know I said 1.13 in the previous post, but I meant 1.12, in which they lasted a decent amount of time before having to switch out.

It seems in 1.14 experimental that I'm playing at the moment that they are even more flimsy?

I know they're not supposed to last forever, but the wear and tear on them seems far too extreme at present.

On the weapons you mentioned, they are roughly taking 80-90 shots to ruin a pristine suppressor, which with an SG5-K can be only 3x 30rd mags, with the IJ-70 it's 8+ mags. The intend is to have suppressors ruin faster than the base weapons, and force players to choose when to use them. At the current stage, head-shooting up to 80+ infected seems like a fair use for one suppressor in our opinion. But this might change over time, we are reading the feedback and impressions here and on our other socials.

Tbh its a bit ridiculus that you can ruin suppressors with less than 3 mags and on an akm or m4 less than 4 mags.

I think however that the problem is not how quick the suppressors get ruined but that there s no feedback they re about to be ruined. If for some reason you pull all infected in a city or get in a 1 v 2-4 firefight w an m4 you can quickly unload your mags and have no idea that your suppressor is about to be ruined.

So what i think is you could add some kind of soundeffect when you shoot with a badly damaged suppressor so ppl will know when to repair it. This way it would remain kinda realistic too and also stop being a pain in the butt that my pistol suppressor died in less than 3 mags shooting infected.

• Like 1

I suggest that when a dynamic contaminated area is created, there should be a larger radius in which no infected will spawn. I think it is quite odd that when a strike comes, it's still business as usual outside the cloud. In a larger city its may not be so obvious but in a smaller one it really is weird. I can also imagine it must be quite annoying to come out of the cloud and have to immediately deal with infected, when a player gets caught by a shelling and runs out bleeding. 

Oddly enough, infected also do not react to the shelling in any way, while normally they aggro on loud noises. I would say that the correct response should be them running into the could. Instead I have seen them roaming just meters away from the impact zone without any reaction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

On the weapons you mentioned, they are roughly taking 80-90 shots to ruin a pristine suppressor, which with an SG5-K can be only 3x 30rd mags, with the IJ-70 it's 8+ mags. The intend is to have suppressors ruin faster than the base weapons, and force players to choose when to use them. At the current stage, head-shooting up to 80+ infected seems like a fair use for one suppressor in our opinion. But this might change over time, we are reading the feedback and impressions here and on our other socials.

I think the suppressors were perfectly fine in 1.12, where they weren't indestructible but still had a decent lifespan. Honestly don't know why a change was warranted with them. And TBH, just 80+ shots from pristine to ruined sounds very weak to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

80 shots are fine....

dont matter what feels right or wrong, but the game balance is in question when everyone runs with a sup.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

You don't need a suppressor if you had a bow.

I cant help but agree. Then again we have been asking for it for quite some time now. @Kyiara

Edited by McWendy

It happened to me that in "Elektro", I was chased by a very angry policeman and I closed myself in a house waiting for him to calm down and go away, since I was new and still poorly equipped, but after a while I saw him cross the wall and attack me in person. Luckily I had an ax... but what a stress.
With other infected it is no longer the case, perhaps that certain policemen have special characteristics that generate the bug?
I don't know what kind of policeman he was, I don't know them, anyway a simple guy in a blue jacket and trousers, no hats. The house was "land_houseblock_3f1" according to iZurvive.
I hope it is useful.
I don't open tickets because I have opened several but they have never been of any use, or almost.

15 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I think that suppressors are just fine in 1.13.  I probably wouldn't have changed it.  The balance is good.

Suppressors do seem to wear rather fast.  However, suppressor rarity isn't bad.  Gun cleaning kits aren't too rare, either.  The current state of suppressors is why VSS and SVAL are much better now.  The more fragile the suppressors are, the more valuable those weapons are.  I would posit that as more people get the best weapons, the less necessary it becomes to buff suppressor durability.  At any rate, top tier weapons will become more available, thus making suppressors less crucial, right?

14 hours ago, Xeonmeister said:

So what i think is you could add some kind of soundeffect when you shoot with a badly damaged suppressor so ppl will know when to repair it. This way it would remain kinda realistic too and also stop being a pain in the butt that my pistol suppressor died in less than 3 mags shooting infected.

Players really need to get into the habit of putting their suppressor on their hotbar.  I put mine right next to the gun cleaning kit hotbar button.  You can see the condition of suppressor better, plus you can take it off, clean it, and continue on without going into inventory.  I've shot hundreds of rounds through a single suppressor.  If a player is vigilant about maintaining their suppressor, it can still last a long time.  So, I guess I would suggest hesitating on giving them a buff.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Parazight said:

The current state of suppressors is why VSS and SVAL are much better now.  The more fragile the suppressors are, the more valuable those weapons are.  I would posit that as more people get the best weapons, the less necessary it becomes to buff suppressor durability.  At any rate, top tier weapons will become more available, thus making suppressors less crucial, right?

No. Not everyone is after VSS and SVAL. There are good weapons that you can get in civilian loot and more importantly the ammo for them. Not to mention that 9x39 isn't that good, so it is very much up for consideration if you want to be bound to military locations in order to feed it. 

Thus supressosrs need to be well balanced in order to be useful. Integrated supressor is a convenience, not the superior option.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

No. Not everyone is after VSS and SVAL. There are good weapons that you can get in civilian loot and more importantly the ammo for them. Not to mention that 9x39 isn't that good, so it is very much up for consideration if you want to be bound to military locations in order to feed it. 

Thus supressosrs need to be well balanced in order to be useful. Integrated supressor is a convenience, not the superior option.  

Of course not everyone is after those two weapons alone.  There are plenty of viable load-outs, depending on your objective, depending on the server population, depending on the level of pvp.

I don't know which civilian loot you're talking about that's good, better than 9x39, which is limited to VSS/SVAL.  So, civilian loot is good and the helicopter weapons are bad?   I'm not worried about 'feeding' it, really.  Boxes are fixed in 1.14, they give 20 now, not 10.

Most importantly, we can't just balance in a vacuum.  Suppressors, VSS, and SVAL are all in the same metagame.  An integrated suppressor being considered a convenience and not an important part of the balancing process is a huge mistake.  Is the integrated suppressor on the MKII a convenience? Of course not, if it didn't have that it would never get used.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I don't know which civilian loot you're talking about that's good, better than 9x39, which is limited to VSS/SVAL.  So, civilian loot is good and the helicopter weapons are bad?   I'm not worried about 'feeding' it, really.  Boxes are fixed in 1.14, they give 20 now, not 10.

Most importantly, we can't just balance in a vacuum.  Suppressors, VSS, and SVAL are all in the same metagame.  An integrated suppressor being considered a convenience and not an important part of the balancing process is a huge mistake.  Is the integrated suppressor on the MKII a convenience? Of course not, if it didn't have that it would never get used.

More common ammo like the .45 or 9mm is of course "weaker" compared to 9x39 but at the same time you're not really worried about that because you'll find much more of it. But of course mileage may vary, as you say depending on server population, your use of the gun etc. 🙂 Point simply being 9x39 is somewhere in the middle and thus the value of the gun will really depend on how you use it.

Integral suppressor is convenience. You do not have to find an extra part and take extra care of it. It is much more convenient to run an integrally suppressed gun. However; there should not be a difference in how long they last if using the same ammo. Which brings me to, yes, let's not balance in a vacuum and let's have the suppressor last depending on the caliber. I believe with the MKII this is already in effect and suppressor last much longer? If that is the case and this is scaled according to the caliber, then we can have a debate on how many round that should be per caliber. With the 80-90 rounds given as an example for 9mm, I would say it could be ~120 due to how weak these rounds have become even when dealing with infected. 

• Like 1