Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.14 (Changelog)

8 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

What are you even talking about? the Post I originally responded too, which i'm assuming you or your friend edited or removed stated clearly how to replicate the Exploit. Which im obviously not going to repeat, or bother to search out again. Why would I even care about someone talking about being a human meatball unless they also publicly stated how to replicate it?

Maybe you should bother because your assumptions are all wrong big brain.

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Maybe you should bother because your assumptions are all wrong big brain.

Wow you are so salty my mouth is drying up from here, your still triggered five days later. Jesus dude go get a hug of someone for FFS. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, McWendy said:

The officials all have the same values. There is no difference between them. Afaik . All i do know right now its to bright. 

Official First Person only servers have the dark night setting and personal night light enabled.
Official regular (1PP/3PP) servers have the bright night setting and personal night light disabled.

On community servers the server owner decides, so you'll only know when it gets dark...

Also someone said the Antialiasing graphics setting can - intended or not - have a significant impact on how nights appear on your system.

6 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Official First Person only servers have the dark night setting and personal night light enabled.
Official regular (1PP/3PP) servers have the bright night setting and personal night light disabled.

On community servers the server owner decides, so you'll only know when it gets dark...

Also someone said the Antialiasing graphics setting can - intended or not - have a significant impact on how nights appear on your system.

I know. Been in this rodeo for some time now..... 

Nontheless the update created brighter nights then we had in a long time. I always play Community cause of the crappy official values. Being 1st or 3rd. They all suck 

Just now, McWendy said:

I know. Been in this rodeo for some time now..... 

Nontheless the update created brighter nights then we had in a long time. I always play Community cause of the crappy official values. Being 1st or 3rd. They all suck 

Might be the antialiasing thing then, I haven't tested fully but I did notice that dark (black) areas of the screen were definitely more grey before I activated AA, so it probably has some impact. Then different monitors make a huge difference too apparently.

Regarding night lighting I'm still annoyed with the two available options - one too bright and the other unrealistically dark most of the time. On the dark night setting moonlight has nearly no effect whatsoever, since what the moon does in DayZ is basically just to paint shadows. It actually doesn't have any effect on the global illumination. So, with the dark setting night is always pitch black regardless of moon - and since there is nearly no light reflected from the ground the shadows of the moon are usually invisible. This makes the moon a dead little texture in the sky. Makes me sad.

And with the bright setting night will instead stay bright even if the moon is not visible, heck it will even be brighter since the moon isn't there to create shadows...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

What happened to the experimental servers? They're as dead as doornails.

Yeah the "new" has worn off. Most are back to their normal play. 

So most bugs stay undiscovered untill a stable release. Then the shitstorm hits. 

Bit of a shame. Zero Experimental was stuffed to the gills last week. Today there were...ahem...zero players.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, William Sternritter said:

You want to be blind in game while everyone and everything can attack you? I really don't.

The only solution here would is to delay your spawn until everything is loaded. 

But, my bet is that this will resolve itself by use of SSD.

Do not leave the game in dangerous places. Such an approach will even have a better effect on the gameplay, people will carefully choose where to exit the game. It would be possible to do something like waking up from sleep, as in ankunsia. People will stop leaving the game on military bases and that's also good

4 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

Do not leave the game in dangerous places. Such an approach will even have a better effect on the gameplay, people will carefully choose where to exit the game. It would be possible to do something like waking up from sleep, as in ankunsia. People will stop leaving the game on military bases and that's also good

The original point was people being able to see around them through walls when loading in. 

The sollution was to see nothing untill fully loaded. Your point is Just general wisdom. Dont log off in dangerous places 😉

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

17 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

Do not leave the game in dangerous places.

Every place in DayZ is dangerous. There is no safe spot where you are alone, there is always someone nearby. Have fun 😉 

• Haha 1

PC Experimental Update 5

Update 1.14 Patch 1: Version 1.14.154258 (Released on 12.10.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Contaminated area safe position was located in a rock on Chernarus

SERVER

• Fixed: An error was thrown when specifying no PPERequesterType is cfgEffectArea

MODDING

• Fixed: Effect areas personal particles needed ContaminatedTrigger to work
  • Beans 2

On 9/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, Kyiara said:

PC Experimental 1.14 Update 2: Version 1.14.154166 (Released on 08.09.2021)

GAME

We are introducing the experimental version of Linux server distribution for PC community server owners. We would like to ask all server owners who are interested in running their server on Linux to try it out and let us know if you run into any issues. We’ll then evaluate the state of the build during the later stages of this experimental period and decide whether to include it in the stable release.

ADDED

• Experimental Linux servers

So does DayZ function on linux through Steam? Just got pc after years and I aint windowsin it cos a game, but would love to play DayZ on PC rather than on PS so does it really work? Because what do you do with server if the game wont function? Sorry if these are stupid questions, im old and not a computer genious.

9 hours ago, CxldVsNxrth said:

So does DayZ function on linux through Steam? Just got pc after years and I aint windowsin it cos a game, but would love to play DayZ on PC rather than on PS so does it really work? Because what do you do with server if the game wont function? Sorry if these are stupid questions, im old and not a computer genious.

At least multiplayer doesn't work on Linux with proton bc BattlEye doesn't work with Proton. Maybe you could play on servers without BattlEye, but this is just a guess.
But for server hosters it's a nic step forward to be capable of hosting DayZ Community servers on Linux.
So you host it on Linux but the Client runs on Windows, like in many other games.

• Like 1

One thing I'd really like to see in the next update is the ability to combine bandages. Perhaps if the player does so, then they can lose the disinfected state or something as a penalty.

At the moment, it's just a bit silly that they cannot be combined in order to create the splint.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:30 PM, Kyiara said:

Developers please tell me when is it worth waiting for performance fixes on AMD cards? I still have around 40-50 fps on the rx 5700 xt and lags for two years now. How long to wait for this problem to be fixed?

Edited by AlexMsK