ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

2 hours ago, Tarkules said:

I dropped an animal pelt and an axe on the ground in my base, and even now, after at least a week - they are still on the ground.

I also made a simple fireplace and haven't touched it for more than a week and it's still there, with it's tripod and the pot.

None of the above has a flag symbol on it, but I assume that the flag is preventing them from de-spawning, which is great in my opinion.

I was wondering that as well, but some of the items I have dropped on the server are nowhere near a flag so I would say no.

I play a lot on active official servers and higher pop community servers (without gameplay mods) and I feel as if the food situation is just about there.   I think there should be ambient apple, plum, and pear spawns in Livonia because  those trees exist there.

Sometimes I think that there should be more ways to create gardens.  With that, there should be more knives and ways to cut things.  But I realize that there's a fine line where the balance of too many/not enough cutting devices can make or break the fresh spawn experience.  I've always wanted to see something like plastic knives implemented.  Plastic knives (or more stone knives) would still serve to cut certain things, not be durable, and not repairable.  Perhaps add single rocks to infected loot spawns.  Maybe the issue I have is that knives are plentiful in zone 3+ and almost non-existent on the coast/zone 1.  More cutting tools in zone 1 might encourage people to go fishing/hunting there.

Sometimes I wish we'd spawn with no rags and 1 non-repairable knife.

Rope+6 rags=flag

Edited by Parazight

For the "food for starting out" additions category, I'd nominate assortments of berries, mussels washed up on the coast or stuck to everything man-made reaching underwater and birch sap from (,of course,) birch trees.
Considering that the roadmap for this year is clear enough already, I'm not seeing suggestions like these being taken seriously.

• Like 1

I think for the food. It should be a little bit more availible in the towns and cities near the coast. But none as you travel inland so you have to scavange more from the land.  

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, Masgel said:

For the "food for starting out" additions category, I'd nominate assortments of berries, mussels washed up on the coast or stuck to everything man-made reaching underwater and birch sap from (,of course,) birch trees.
Considering that the roadmap for this year is clear enough already, I'm not seeing suggestions like these being taken seriously.

I like the way you think... There are already berries and mushrooms in the forests and field... Since they spawn dynamically, meaning a player needs to be nearby when the 15min timer triggers a spawn, they should increase the distance that berries and mushrooms have on dynamic spawning... berries are nearly impossible, not completely because I've found some, and mushrooms are not terrible but the ones I do find are often rotten.

Are the hand state bugs ever going to be fixed in this game?  It's really getting old having to relog all the time.

Yesterday, I'm cutting up a cow when a player approaches me asking "Wow, since when can we carve a cow with a pick axe?"  I said, "You can't."  He says, "Well, you're doing it right now."  On my screen, I was holding a steak knife.  When I finished cutting it up, I put the knife away.  He said I was still holding a pick axe.  I did have a pick axe, but on my screen, it was on my back the whole time.  So I trust the guy and relog right there in the field.  Luckily, he didn't kill me and when I returned, he could now see that I had nothing in my hands, which was correct, but the weird part is, the pick axe had vanished off my back.

Do the devs just not know how to fix these things or what is the reason that these issues have persisted for so long?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drgullen said:

Do the devs just not know how to fix these things or what is the reason that these issues have persisted for so long? 

+100%. Something is definitely out of order with network traffic in the server part of the game or with data exchange inside the server. Players often receive errors about interacting with objects. The server often plays player and machine resynchronization. This is not normal, often detect problems in the network connection to the server DayZ and not have similar problems in other games, or in other applications. Just do not need these songs, about official or private servers. Have a conscience to recognize the problem and solve it.

6 hours ago, drgullen said:

When I finished cutting it up, I put the knife away.  He said I was still holding a pick axe.  I did have a pick axe, but on my screen, it was on my back the whole time. 

It really gets ‘hilarious’ when a buddy on discord says “WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, WHAT R U SHOOTING AT?!?!?  WE GOT INCOMING!!!” and you’re like ‘wtf, I was cutting up rags.’  

Yeah, if you think about it, this hand state bug issue is probably contributing to KoS.  I mean, in this case, it was only a pick axe, but had I not talked to that guy, I wouldn't have realized I was bugged.  So, you have to wonder, how many times have you been KoS'd for seemingly no reason, but what actually happened was the Mosin that was on your back was showing as in your hands for the guy that killed you, which is why he killed you.

A lot of people (myself included) go by the rule of "hands free = friendly; gun in hand = not friendly".

I guess from now on, that's out the window.  "Shit, he's holding a carp, he's gonna shoot!  KILL HIM QUICK!!!"  😋

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Why are fruits spawning dynamically?

My guess, for server performance. To have a bunch of fruit and berries and mushrooms just randomly all over the map would add to the weight on the servers. So they spawn dynamically. You can find more fruit from trees if you spend longer times in villages instead of just an in and out.

4 hours ago, discipled said:

You can find more fruit from trees if you spend longer times in villages instead of just an in and out.

Yep, same goes for stones if you're wanting to craft a stone knife.  Walk along the path where they spawn for about half a click and you may not find any.  Turn around though and walk back where you came from and some will probably be there now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, discipled said:

My guess, for server performance. To have a bunch of fruit and berries and mushrooms just randomly all over the map would add to the weight on the servers. So they spawn dynamically. You can find more fruit from trees if you spend longer times in villages instead of just an in and out.

Mmmm, wasn't the fruit mechanic a search function before. Like, you search a tree and then you get "I found something".

Why was that done away with? That can't have been too heavy on the servers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Mmmm, wasn't the fruit mechanic a search function before. Like, you search a tree and then you get "I found something".

Why was that done away with? That can't have been too heavy on the servers.

There was an exploit in place back then where you could spam loot a bunch of fruit by glitching the search option.  I guess rather than fix that they went with the dynamic option on the new engine.  I'd agree though, I'd rather see apples, pears and plums work randomly like fishing...walk up to a tree, prompt says "Search for Fruit", you push F to search.  I think it should be once per tree though, so you search the tree and if you find nothing, you must move on to a different tree.

I doubt they'll change that at this stage though.  Fruit gives you so little energy anyway these days, I don't even bother with it.

Personally, I like the ambient spawn system when it comes to food.  It's much less reliable; you don't know if you will come out the other end able to move to the next town or whether you'll starve.  You don't have to game the system, you wouldn't have to check every tree with a function and the script method was always exploitable.  Merging it with the central economy was the best solution, imo.  Seeing other players run around an orchard as opposed to just sitting at one tree is probably better.  I also would rather keep moving while on the coast instead of waiting for a timer as a new spawn in kamy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Parazight said:

Personally, I like the ambient spawn system when it comes to food.  It's much less reliable; you don't know if you will come out the other end able to move to the next town or whether you'll starve.  You don't have to game the system, you wouldn't have to check every tree with a function and the script method was always exploitable.  Merging it with the central economy was the best solution, imo.  Seeing other players run around an orchard as opposed to just sitting at one tree is probably better.  I also would rather keep moving while on the coast instead of waiting for a timer as a new spawn in kamy.

Agreed, for fruit, mushrooms and berries the ambient spawn is definitely an improvement to the previous system. For small stones however I'm not sure, it means players will trigger stones spawning all over the map, while the only place anyone ever picks these up is in newspawn zones. In theory you could have up towards 100 small stones littering paths and railroads across the map - while maybe five players total are actually desperate enough to pick them up... I believe using the search mechanic for small stones would have been better for server performance - and less frustrating for players. Running up and down a train track in the rain looking for stones while watching the food and health meters plummet is annoying. Especially when you can't grab that chicken you punched to death and bring it along until you find something sharp...

• Like 1

So, just so I understand this, cos I never see stones...If I walk along a rail track for a few hundred metres and then double back on myself, I'll find some stones? But jogging along will get me nothing?

I'm asking cos I haven't died yet with my geared character (but it's only a matter of time) and I want to be able to craft a stone knife as a new spawn.

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

So, just so I understand this, cos I never see stones...If I walk along a rail track for a few hundred metres and then double back on myself, I'll find some stones? But jogging along will get me nothing?

I'm asking cos I haven't died yet with my geared character (but it's only a matter of time) and I want to be able to craft a stone knife as a new spawn.

Yeah exactly. And hiking paths are generally better than train tracks for stones, and you can actually find stones on the beach too, but that is so inconsistent that I would never waste time looking there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

9 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah exactly. And hiking paths are generally better than train tracks for stones, and you can actually find stones on the beach too, but that is so inconsistent that I would never waste time looking there.

I have noticed a lot of people have also made garden plots that seem to be staying around awhile along the coast because people are needing food and keeping growing it. I think this is cool. But I feel pumpkins don't give enough calories for what they are. Maybe one pumpkin per square but the calories they give are $h!t.

3 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Since the stones spawn dynamically, it'll depend on who was there first.  If you're the first person in that area since the last restart, then you're the trigger to spawn them, but they don't instantly appear.  This is why doubling back may yield some.  If someone else passed by recently, they were the trigger and if they didn't double back, you might find some on the ground right away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

Since the stones spawn dynamically, it'll depend on who was there first.  If you're the first person in that area since the last restart, then you're the trigger to spawn them, but they don't instantly appear.  This is why doubling back may yield some.  If someone else passed by recently, they were the trigger and if they didn't double back, you might find some on the ground right away.

In all, i don't mind this if they make mushrooms and berries a touch easier to find... also if they added a touch more calories to vegetables, especially pumpkins. Then there's another path surviving and full health outside of fish or chickens.

Hi, will the stair push through the texture be fixed?  For example, if there is a fence or gate in front of the stairs (on a building, or in an elevator shaft) and you go up, then you are pushed through the fence or gate.  This was observed with cars, but it was fixed.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:57 AM, netmailcom said:

Hi, will the stair push through the texture be fixed?  For example, if there is a fence or gate in front of the stairs (on a building, or in an elevator shaft) and you go up, then you are pushed through the fence or gate.  This was observed with cars, but it was fixed.

It's a double-edged sword, on one hand you don't want ppl to glitch through textures when exiting stairs on the other hand you don't want practically impenetrable bases, so it's lose-lose either way you play it, you just have to decide which side to 'err' on.
I know impenetrable bases are some players wet dream, but I think this 'feature' should be reserved for modded servers, not included in the base game.
For reference; these days I'm more of a base builder than raider, so my opinion isn't based on my current play-style.

Edited by my_nick_was_taken
err -> 'err'

So now there is teleporting in the official servers as a hack, not to mention stacking using garden plots. We had a base that had 4 air-locks. All gates were intact and no chance of stacking over and all the kit is missing or thrown all over the floor. This was after being killed through a wall, again...

So bases are completely useless. Stacking is back using garden plots. That`s completely aside from the knife hacking attack, kills inside buildings through brick walls. Whats the point of this game as it is?

Can provide videos and pictures but they are ignored. Come on BI pull out a digit!

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez

pretty sure everything under the flag symbol or not stays... as long as the flags up

the interesting thing if.. by the way all this is stated to be..... once the 45 day mark hits from the day of the 1.09 patch... by all right all Old bases that have been sitting there empty and half destroyed and abandoned should technically despawn along with any crates that were buried before that patch date and never interacted with....

at least thats what im hoping to see... at this point maybe more of the loot and guns will come back to the servers that has been hoarded and forgotten about by players or by players who have left the game