ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

2 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

Could you be so kind to let me know when I was told this. I think you are a funny guy/girl, so to help you here is the replies I got since i asked impulz.

"Both stable and experimental are the same version, no difference between them right now."
"wtf? looks like you're the one who's trolling here"
"The stable and experimental versions are only different when they are testing an experimental version. Right now the last experimental version was pushed to stable so they are the same. In other words, there's no experimental right now."

29 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Three times actually.

23 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

There’s one on the previous page too, think you’ve been told more than enough times now personally.

We all liked Tenet, what a great movie! But someone should have told you its fiction. When I ask for when I was 'told' and you quote ppl who post after I ask this... well thats just some inverted stuff and I can't keep up with that.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

If you are looking only for an answer from Impulz, maybe you should contact him directly.

Oh, and congrats on getting 2 dozen posts on the forums. Welcome to the community.

I quoted him and used his name, if he wants to act on this is up to him. Everything about me is unaffected whatever state the different branches of dayz are in.

ty I'm so happy I reached this milestone and ty for the welcome.

28 minutes ago, Parazight said:

You've been trying to help him and he's returned the favor with third rate trolling.  Man, I thought *I* was an asshole.

You are just 2 peas from the same pod, I remember your avatar from another thread, where you were providing wrong information, telling me the 'sunk' in floor probably wasn't a bug.

If what I'm doing is trolling, I think you should report me.

Dayz is my game of choice for now, not because I can't buy other games, but because I like it and want whats best for it to be a success. You may believe me or not.

"In a game with this amount of bugs, hidden/strange features, situations where the moon, sun and planets need to be aligned in a certain way to perform an action; the last thing you need is for unknowing ppl. to start 'helping' others."

misleading information, wrong information etc. wont make it easier to iron out the bugs!

Skim through the last pages in this thread, someone was even telling ppl the fencekit bug wasn't a bug but a feature, how is this level of information helpful driving the game forward?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

If what I'm doing is trolling, I think you should report me.

I've reported you.

Holy shit, what a mess.

How about we take the gentlemanly road, and agree to disagree? This is getting way too personal, and it needs to stop.

The topic is 'Stable Update one-o-nine', henceforth.

Please guys. C'mon.

• Like 1

In this stable version, reloading is cumbersome.

When I'm holding my SKS and I hit the hotbar number for the ammo rounds, it reloads one round.  But when I put my weapon away and then hit the hotbar for the weapon and the ammo at the same time, I get an option to reload just one or all 10.   I'd prefer to load all ten rounds without having to put the weapon away and do all of this extra button pushing.  I'd prefer to hold the SKS and just hold down the ammo hotbar key until it's full again.

IMO, there doesn't need to be an option to load just one, or load all 10.  If you just want one, then only hold it down for a short time.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's not working how it used to, which I'd prefer.

Would appreciate if people, especially on the vanilla / official servers could verify if this also happens there:

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

5 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Would appreciate if people, especially on the vanilla / official servers could verify if this also happens there:

Happens on all servers, also happens on  Medium tents, you can just access the interior/inventory of the tent from its outside

Edited by EvWoN-684ab5ced871af7d

5 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Yeah it's a vanilla bug. That said, it is pretty much unimportant since you can cut the tent down with an axe in a matter of minutes anyway. (Unless the server has disabled damage to containers).

any tent happens... only way to prevent is place a wall slightly away way from the tent a foot or two... test how far you need to be before you can see it and enclose your tent in all 4 walls or on bigger tents just leave stuff in the middle.. but like he said guys will just chop the tent down anyways..

On 9/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, shuter165 said:

Any scripts? Statistics? Ban god players?

There is no point of playing on official servers, since they has no moderation at all and are full of hackers... nobody gives a ****

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

In this stable version, reloading is cumbersome.

When I'm holding my SKS and I hit the hotbar number for the ammo rounds, it reloads one round.  But when I put my weapon away and then hit the hotbar for the weapon and the ammo at the same time, I get an option to reload just one or all 10.   I'd prefer to load all ten rounds without having to put the weapon away and do all of this extra button pushing.  I'd prefer to hold the SKS and just hold down the ammo hotbar key until it's full again.

IMO, there doesn't need to be an option to load just one, or load all 10.  If you just want one, then only hold it down for a short time.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's not working how it used to, which I'd prefer.

this bug is scheduled for a fix and has been for some time, as a workaround you can hold the reload key, just be aware what ammo you load if you carry more than 1 type for your gun, tracers non-tracers, bucks slugs etc.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/gNDQoB7x97gJ/#R

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bossshawk said:

any tent happens... only way to prevent is place a wall slightly away way from the tent a foot or two... test how far you need to be before you can see it and enclose your tent in all 4 walls or on bigger tents just leave stuff in the middle.. but like he said guys will just chop the tent down anyways.. 

I tested it today. The Sea Chest can be picked up even if it is in the center of the tent.

20 hours ago, thag said:

There is no point of playing on official servers, since they has no moderation at all and are full of hackers... nobody gives a ****

I play only on official and again, haven't run into a hacker whatsoever... hackers are more keen to being on modded servers because they want to cheat and want better weapons and more than just what's on vanilla... I have a grand ole time. Not completely true

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 1

There are cheaters on both official and private servers. do not refuse to see reality. They are killing the game.

1 hour ago, lvw06 said:

There are cheaters on both official and private servers. do not refuse to see reality. They are killing the game.

They're not killing  the game, the game has higher players today then has in awhile

• Beans 1

1 player lost because of cheating is already too much. Many never played DayZ again and moved on to other games. DayZ doesn't deserve this, this game would be really perfect without the cheating

3 hours ago, discipled said:

I play only on official and again, haven't run into a hacker whatsoever... hackers are more keen to being on modded servers because they want to cheat and want better weapons and more than just what's on vanilla... I have a grand ole time. Not completely true

I've been playing Dayz since 2014 and I have never seen a hacker.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

6 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I've been playing Dayz since 2014 and I have never seen a hacker.

They said the same on Rainbow six siege before the anti-cheat was activated. We know the rest ... How many bans per minute by the way ?? 😂😆

On 9/22/2020 at 6:12 AM, BrotherPlum said:

With the Flag built, do bags despawn or is everything reset along with fences/gates/containers?

For example can I leave a bag or even a gun on a table and it not despawn (e.g. decorating a base)?

@ImpulZ

Can we have this question answered please. I'm also keen to know if anything within the radius of this new flag pole system is also maintained or is it only base building items maintained. 

Apologies if this has already been answered

I know loot can be on the server for up to 48 hrs.   I have dropped items and they are still on the server a weak later.  Anyone else finding this.

18 minutes ago, Fing said:

I know loot can be on the server for up to 48 hrs.   I have dropped items and they are still on the server a weak later.  Anyone else finding this.

I would assume that their lifetime gets reset everytime someone passes nearby. Probably not intended behaviour, but that's my first guess anyway.

59 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I would assume that their lifetime gets reset everytime someone passes nearby. Probably not intended behaviour, but that's my first guess anyway.

@ImpulZ

This one would be nice to know for sure.  Let's say for example a dropped item has been on the ground for 47 hours and then I come along, loot it but then decide to drop it again, does it now stay on the ground only for another hour or is that counter reset to 48 hours at that point?

1 minute ago, discipled said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2241823553

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2241821810

I don't think the flag is interacting with the stove as it should be... there's no symbol.

My bad, two of the same...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2241825452

I dropped an animal pelt and an axe on the ground in my base, and even now, after at least a week - they are still on the ground.

I also made a simple fireplace and haven't touched it for more than a week and it's still there, with it's tripod and the pot.

None of the above has a flag symbol on it, but I assume that the flag is preventing them from de-spawning, which is great in my opinion.

Edited by Tarkules