Sign in to follow this  
akula692008

Bring back the old sky, it looked great.

Yeah and bring back .62 while you're at it!  😜

I'm teasing, yeah I'd agree, that sky looks better than the 1.x skies.

• Like 1

With the changes in the engine, we ran into more and more issue with TrueSky, which was also responsible for those volumetric clouds. As engine-support is now focused primarily on future (and proper) enfusion projects, please do not expect any major visual changes within DayZ, be it clouds or lighting.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

do not expect any major visual changes within DayZ,

does that kind of thinking go for the bow and the other stuff we had in .62?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

... As engine-support is now focused primarily on future (and proper) enfusion projects, please do not expect any major visual changes within DayZ, be it clouds or lighting.

So, in summary, DayZ was just a stepping stone to implement and test new engine, all while earning money. Now since DayZ and Enfusion are "over", you're just gonna make Arma 4. 😞

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

As engine-support is now focused primarily on future (and proper) enfusion projects, please do not expect any major visual changes within DayZ, be it clouds or lighting.

So DayZ is not a proper project? Gotcha..... 

12 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

С изменениями в двигателе мы все больше и больше сталкивались с TrueSky, который также отвечал за эти объемные облака. Поскольку поддержка движка теперь сосредоточена главным образом на будущих (и правильных) проектах enfusion, пожалуйста, не ожидайте каких-либо серьезных визуальных изменений в DayZ, будь то облака или освещение.

Does that also mean we won't see ragdoll in the game?

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

So DayZ is not a proper project? Gotcha..... 

I think he means that DayZ is not a 100% Enfusion game/project. The next title will be a proper enfusion project in the sense that is fully Enfusion 

4 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I think he means that DayZ is not a 100% Enfusion game/project. The next title will be a proper enfusion project in the sense that is fully Enfusion 

We Will never know what they mean. History taught us that much. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, McWendy said:

We Will never know what they mean. History taught us that much. 

@amadieus understood it 🙂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

@amadieus understood it 🙂

Sure he does he only joined this forum in 2018 so didn't see all the unclear communication, pure lying and carrot holding that took place on this forum. 

But im glad you tried to make your point. I made mine. 

And thnx for not quoting any of the other things i said. You know things that matter. Like collision. 

Old program was called TruSKY, if I remember correctly. Devs seemed to have scrapped it due to desync issues, not sure if theres any plan to bring it back but visually its a great system. So nice and moody, miss it so much!

Edited by Badwolvie
misspelled a word

The skies really were special. I've also noticed lighting's been affected by an issue where light doesn't beam out of houses down on to the street like it used to, except if you catch it at a very specific angle. I'm hoping this is just a bug that can be squashed, not a permanent lighting change. Some very spicy voices on these forums still, mee-yow.

please do not expect any major visual changes within DayZ, be it clouds or lighting.

but it doesent change the fact that this game clouds are something really bad.ugly.not finished.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T145416

Edited by kopo79