Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

Hello survivors, 

The Official Servers got an update with some fixes on the current 1.07 update.

Read more below:

Game Update 1.07.153006 (11.03.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A common server crash
  • Fixed: A client crash related to item swapping
  • Fixed: Certain items would be inaccessible after placing
  • Fixed: Tents could be placed half-way in the ground
  • Fixed: The player was able to dig worms while high above actual soil

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: The server version info copied to clipboard was not separated by dots
  • Fixed: Highlighting of active server filter buttons
  • Fixed: Filter windows were not disappearing consistently
  • Fixed: The Ping filter did not adjust properly to changed values

First post updated.

Thank You,

-Greensek

There seems to be no update download - the only option I can get is to reinstall the whole game. 

That can't be right, can it?

7 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

There seems to be no update download - the only option I can get is to reinstall the whole game. 

That can't be right, can it?

Verify the files.

• Like 1

I just needed to restart steam to get the new version. In the update properties for this game I ve actived "high priority", so that it always checks first  for a new version automatically.

Yesterday, when an official server crashed I died. I was driving with the Sarka from Polana to Zalesia. On the bumpy road the car suddenly somersaulted. I got a black screen without a dead message and I wasnt unconscious. Health was ok, but I had to log out. When the server was online again I logged in and had to start as Bambie. The question is, did the server crashed because my car somersaulted, or did the car somersaulted because of the server crash 🙂 I hope the new update for 1.07 fixed this server / client problem. Today I notice a better response from the server while driving (no corrections of car position). 

Edited by slowfast70
  • Haha 1

This build still have a bug with inventory:

Class:      'DayZPlayerInventory'
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto/EnDebug.c:44
scripts/4_World/Systems/Inventory/DayZPlayerInventory.c:565
scripts/4_World/Systems/Inventory/DayZPlayerInventory.c:391
SCRIPT       : PlayerBase.c IsQuickBarSingleUse - slot: 2
SCRIPT    (E): 
[desync] HandleInputData man=SurvivorM_Cyril:01 CANNOT do cmd=HAND_EVENT e={ HandEv id=TAKE pl=SurvivorM_Cyril:01 src={ type=CARGO item=SpaghettiCan:015380 parent=ZmbM_HeavyIndustryWorker:0670 idx=0 row=0 col=0 f=false } }

I just start a server play around 15-30 min and try to take some SpaghettiCan from zombie, found this error in script file on server side.

This error persist because something stuck in hands, only relog can help you.

Delay for ADS is terrible. First of all there is no need for a delay, secondly the awkward implementation looks like lag. The gun just freezes for two seconds and it looks and feels terrible. If you want to make ADS slower, but again there is no reason for it, just make it slower but FLUENT. Jaysus.

• Beans 1

I dont think there was anything wrong with the previous speed at all.

Do you know how fast even a beginner could theoritcally raise a gun? This change is, frankly, retarded and should be reverted asap.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

If I understood right the ads delay is unintentional, it was only supposed to apply to lifting of weapon when too close to enemy or a wall etc. Will probably be reverted soon.

Regardless, it is barely noticeable anyway. I wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't for the hysteria about it.

• Beans 1

35 minutes ago, Derleth said:

If I understood right the ads delay is unintentional, it was only supposed to apply to lifting of weapon when too close to enemy or a wall etc. Will probably be reverted soon.

Regardless, it is barely noticeable anyway. I wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't for the hysteria about it.

The ADS delay happens when there is about 50 or more people in the server. It was unintentional indeed because there was no note in patchnotes and I believe it has something to do with ghost bullets fix.

When there is 20 people or so there is no delay. When the server is full the delay feels very annoying, feels horrible. Sometimes there are 2 seconds between raising weapon and entering ADS. Some statement from devs would be good because we have been some weeks with this thing and it is like you have 9999 ping when aiming.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kathosky said:

When there is 20 people or so there is no delay. When the server is full the delay feels very annoying, feels horrible. Sometimes there are 2 seconds between raising weapon and entering ADS. Some statement from devs would be good because we have been some weeks with this thing and it is like you have 9999 ping when aiming.

Which explains why my experience is so terrible, I played on a full server yesterday.

The "hysteria" @Derleth comes from terrible user experience. First time I rased my weapon it seemed like I did not press the button, so of course I pressed it multiple times as the weapon was going up and down. For the rest of my session I rather just raised my weapon to hip, when I quickly needed it because that was reliable. Unlike ADS.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, Kathosky said:

Did you pay attention only to the delay when you need to raise a weapon?
Yes, these delays on almost all actions of the character:
- get in the car
- get out of the car
- replenish mags
- empty the mags
- start digging
- start hacking
- something to start doing ....
To notice this, you do not need a high ping, you can notice it offline. In this game, the "brake" at the beginning of almost all actions.
It seems that the pressed key is not in priority.
And every time I get the feeling - “that I did not press a button”, this leads to multiple clicks.

Edited by lex__1

On 3/15/2020 at 8:22 AM, William Sternritter said:

Which explains why my experience is so terrible, I played on a full server yesterday.

The "hysteria" @Derleth comes from terrible user experience. First time I rased my weapon it seemed like I did not press the button, so of course I pressed it multiple times as the weapon was going up and down. For the rest of my session I rather just raised my weapon to hip, when I quickly needed it because that was reliable. Unlike ADS.

Also explains why my experience is so different, I avoid full/high pop servers. Not to avoid other players but to avoid lag and all it brings with it. At the moment I'd say DayZ doesn't actually support more than 30 players or so on a server unless it is running on a monster machine. Some private servers hum happily along without issues at 60-70 players, while official servers are more or less unplayable at high pop.

I play on a 100/100 private and it's pretty smooth both for framerate and action delays and there is a bunch of mods installed.

Such performance requires some compromises. Bodies disappear in 15 minutes, zombie counts are pretty low outside of military zones. Restarts every 3 hours.

• Like 1

Hello, on my server I have a message with I never seen before and I have no idea what it exactly means.

Error:
22:47:07 [CE][Estimate] :: !!! Avoidance system overloaded :: Reached MAX_VEHICLE= 768 :-(

I have tons of messages like that, and while it happens performance of server drop for something like half, even when there is no vehicles on the server I'm still getting tons of these messages, what do they mean?

16 hours ago, kirlen said:

Hello, on my server I have a message with I never seen before and I have no idea what it exactly means.

Error:
22:47:07 [CE][Estimate] :: !!! Avoidance system overloaded :: Reached MAX_VEHICLE= 768 😞

I have tons of messages like that, and while it happens performance of server drop for something like half, even when there is no vehicles on the server I'm still getting tons of these messages, what do they mean?

It's the CE giving the error, so I would assume it is placement of objects (vehicles in this case?) that is becoming overloaded for some reason. I saw your ticket on the feedback tracker and Geez response to it, so not much to do but wait for a fix it seems.

When it comes to cars/vehicles, one good rule of thumb is to advise players on the server to NEVER park inside buildings or car tents, and to always leave parked cars in neutral gear (completely opposite to what you do in real life, but whatever). That helps avoid cars getting tossed around on server restarts and getting damaged/despawned in the process. If it has anything to do with the error above is anybody's guess though.

• Thanks 1

Please, change time to raid a base. I spent a lot of time building up for watching it be raided easly. Fix the car too. Door glitch.. I trust in you, come on.

• Haha 1

Right not very happy.  Rain has been in for some time, but we have no protection from it.  In the old days raincoats actually cave you protection, but not any more also gorca.  I'm a little fed up of getting hyperthermia from rain and the server I'm on has it at least 3 times a day.  Suppressors get worn out far to quickly.  It's that quick there is hardly any point in using them.  This has been an issue for some time as well and should be a straight forward fix like protection from the rain.  And anyone else getting desync when driving a car?  I get a lot on a low pop server and with a low ping rate.  I have lost a few cars due to it which is a bit frustrating.   

30 minutes ago, Fing said:

Right not very happy.  Rain has been in for some time, but we have no protection from it.  In the old days raincoats actually cave you protection, but not any more also gorca.  I'm a little fed up of getting hyperthermia from rain and the server I'm on has it at least 3 times a day.  Suppressors get worn out far to quickly.  It's that quick there is hardly any point in using them.  This has been an issue for some time as well and should be a straight forward fix like protection from the rain.  And anyone else getting desync when driving a car?  I get a lot on a low pop server and with a low ping rate.  I have lost a few cars due to it which is a bit frustrating.   

Just commenting on your statement that there is no protection against the rain. This is incorrect. I just stood 10 minutes in heavy rain with the raincoat and gorka pants. The raincoat never got damp/wet and the gorka pants only after ~10 minutes. The temperature icon remained white all the time. When I changed the time of day to midnight, the temperature icon turned to light blue. But it still never turned dark blue. Then I changed the raincoat with the t-shirt, and that piece of clothing got drenched within a minute.

So to conclude, the raincoat gives very good protection against rain and the gorka outfit does a decent job at it. Perhaps the raincoat turns wet as well after 30 minutes. But then again, it part of the game to heat up during long raining sessions.

• Beans 1

Thanks for the update.  I noticed with worn gorka I got wet after 2 mins and light blue temp after 4.  It mainly lasted in the light blue temp occasionally dipping into dark blue.  I will check out the coat at some point.

On another note, car damage seems to be op at the moment.  It doesn't help that 90% of my crashes are due to desync.  The devs need to dial it down until the cars are in a better place.  And I have seldom seen cars in real life with ruined tyres.  Yet in this game, they get ruined at a 30 kmh crash what the fuck the same with spark plugs.  The spark plug is sitting in a large steel protective case.  The only time I have seen fucked tyres is on motorway crashes.  The Devs certainly know how to make poor gameplay.

Anyone else having problems with hunting ? Me and a friend sniped a deer in the head. We had to hit it 3 times before it died. Same with handguns, I emptied like 6-7 shoots with a Glock in the head close range but the animal just run away. Kinda hard to hunt if you are alone. This is not an lag issue since I tried that on my testserver and pretty much any server the animals just runs away like nothing happened.

Edited by Relic77

2 hours ago, Relic77 said:

Anyone else having problems with hunting ? Me and a friend sniped a deer in the head. We had to hit it 3 times before it died. Same with handguns, I emptied like 6-7 shoots with a Glock in the head close range but the animal just run away. Kinda hard to hunt if you are alone. This is not an lag issue since I tried that on my testserver and pretty much any server the animals just runs away like nothing happened.

It seems that in the studio someone mixed up his ass with his head. Animals are easier to kill if you shoot in the ass)))

22 hours ago, lex__1 said:

It seems that in the studio someone mixed up his ass with his head. Animals are easier to kill if you shoot in the ass)))

Ah haha,  I will try that.

What happened with the Cancel button in the browser ?