Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

3 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Are you playing official or modded? Oil hasn't spawned on official in at least 2 releases (1.06 + 1.07), maybe earlier. what car? 

I tried this on Offline DayZ, no mods.

What is a candle?

Spark plug

Cars definitely need water. about 6 canteens. I forget how many bottles. if you are not getting the "fill" action, you're in the wrong spot. 

If for any reason, it was necessary to replace the radiator. It is also necessary to fill in water. My indicator showed 50%. What does it mean? The water level indicator is all white, there is no color scale "min / max". If in such conditions, I will use the car and drive about 2-3 kilometers, my motor will show a "yellow color".
- What are the player’s next steps in repair and maintenance of vehicles to change the status indicator of the engine?
- Where should the player get information about this condition, and other indicators and risks?

nuZ8GB2.png

How dark can you set night in 1.07?...anyone have picture? 

I have played on hardcore server but nights are not dark... Can clearly see everything. 

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I tried this on Offline DayZ, no mods.

Spark plug

If for any reason, it was necessary to replace the radiator. It is also necessary to fill in water. My indicator showed 50%. What does it mean? The water level indicator is all white, there is no color scale "min / max". If in such conditions, I will use the car and drive about 2-3 kilometers, my motor will show a "yellow color".
- What are the player’s next steps in repair and maintenance of vehicles to change the status indicator of the engine?
- Where should the player get information about this condition, and other indicators and risks?

ah, spark plug. I had never heard that term.

Correct, if you remove the radiator, it needs to be filled again. I have always seen this behaviour.

I assume from the issues, that 1/2 water is not enough. Once a motor no longer works, you cannot repair it. I know other modded vehicles have a beetter indicator, maybe core vehicles will get fixed.

The only information I've gotten is from here from reddit /r/dayz, wiki and playing. (maybe a little bit from the old dayzmod days)

6 hours ago, lex__1 said:

As far as I know that indicator is supposed to show the temperature of the engine's coolant (water), not the level. It doesn't seem to work that way (or to show water level for that matter) so it is essentially a broken indicator. In some patch in the past the indicator did have colour codes (blue-yellow-red). On a real world car the indicator should be stable in the middle when the engine is running and warm, if it climbs higher the engine is overheating, usually because of lack of coolant. Coolant level is not something you have a dashboard indicator for on any car I have ever driven.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Derleth said:

On a real world car the indicator should be stable in the middle when the engine is running and warm, if it climbs higher the engine is overheating, usually because of lack of coolant

Which is what a lot of cars suffered from, especially Škoda/Sarka. You had to regularly replenish water because it was overheating and thus evaporating and of course the temperature would spike once there was not enough of it. 

For the guys who wants bases like me in oficial servers.. like (the real game has to be) still you can destroy a wall door in less than 5 minutes... Basically bases still useless. 7 years having this game perfect :DD. 

Edited by hellway13
adds

5 hours ago, kopo79 said:

How dark can you set night in 1.07?...anyone have picture? 

I have played on hardcore server but nights are not dark... Can clearly see everything.  

It depends on the annual cycle, the phase of the moon, and how bright the horizon is from the sun. There is a time of year when the night is dark and long. There is a time of year when the night is bright and short.

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

As far as I know that indicator is supposed to show the temperature of the engine's coolant (water), not the level. It doesn't seem to work that way (or to show water level for that matter) so it is essentially a broken indicator. In some patch in the past the indicator did have colour codes (blue-yellow-red). On a real world car the indicator should be stable in the middle when the engine is running and warm, if it climbs higher the engine is overheating, usually because of lack of coolant. Coolant level is not something you have a dashboard indicator for on any car I have ever driven. 

1. Yes, this is a script error. In reality, with a lack of fluid in the engine cooling system, the motor will overheat. The indicator should show a high temperature, but not immediately the water will boil. If you stop the engine in time, let it cool down - with such short runs you can arrive at the place where you can top up the water level to 100% without damage to the motor. You can only kill a motor - if you do not give it a break in work.
2. In addition to the temperature sensor, under the hood, you can check the water and oil levels. These indicators are not in the game (they are not in the inventory of the car) - this is the second gross scenario error.

3. The third blunder, the lack of design features of the motor. Ada has an independent radiator fan. Even when the motor is not running, an electric fan blows around the radiator and motor. This speeds up the cooling process in a critical situation of overheating.

Edited by lex__1

16 hours ago, lvw06 said:

Excuse me but what do you mean by "relog"? Sorry I'm using Google translation because I only speak French. Maybe it has another meaning? In any case, I have just completely uninstalled the game, but the problem persists, still as many freezes .... With the PC that I own it really should not happen. Especially since on my 2nd PC a little less powerful and which is portable, this problem of regular freezes does not exist.

My game is well installed on SSD and yet I have 32GB of RAM. As said above, on my laptop no problem while it is less powerful than my desktop PC. It is really very strange! I did a topic on the PC troubleshooting section but no one has answered me yet ...  😞

Relog = Quiting the game and going back to the game. Try one more thing. When your game start to freeze, press window button (next to L CTRL) to minimize the game and then jump back in. This might help you.

40 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

It depends on the annual cycle, the phase of the moon, and how bright the horizon is from the sun. There is a time of year when the night is dark and long. There is a time of year when the night is bright and short.

Yes. If i have understand correctly its october in server but still nights are like summer nights. No need for flashlights At all. 

2 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

Relog = Quiting the game and going back to the game. Try one more thing. When your game start to freeze, press window button (next to L CTRL) to minimize the game and then jump back in. This might help you.

Thank you for your reply ! I tried but the problem unfortunately persists. I have also tried in recent weeks everything that could be possible to improve this, according to various forums but there I am running out of solutions.

• Like 1

Looks like a server update just dropped.

• Like 1

Hello survivors, 

We just released a new patch for the current 1.07 update.

Below you can read the patch notes:

Game Update 1.07.152957 (20.02.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A game crash caused by inventory manipulation
  • Fixed: A server crash related to dropping large items (reverted the physical dropping until this issue is resolved)
  • Fixed: A case of bullets not being registered when starting to shoot while the weapon is moved
  • Fixed: An exploit allowing to carry heavy items while running

MODDING

• Fixed: missing camoMale selection in NBC_Jacket_m.p3d (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T148824)

First post was updated.

Best Regards, 

-Greensek

On 2/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, Greensek said:

The inventory issues should be fixed now.

Once the 1.07 releases on Console, you will be able to test it for yourself 🙂

What about the chinese hackers in official servers ha ? Have you got any plans to mitigate that ?

• Server browser shows server side only mods as required for clients
  • Server browser shows mods in incorrect order, order load is extremely important, for example for Community Framework which must be loaded first. It should show the mods in the order they are loaded on the server.

"What about the chinese hackers in official servers ha ? Have you got any plans to mitigate that ?"

Please do something for that.

Your game no longer makes any sense, banish IP addresses from China, I don't know.

"Fixed: A server crash related to dropping large items (reverted the physical dropping until this issue is resolved)"

Do not put "Fixed" when nothing is resolved ...

Honestly, I don't care if the server crashes, remove this possibility, the Chinese hackers will destroy our camp again which we spent a week building because you can't fix a bug ... Seriously, it's really shit .

On 2/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, kevo1414 said:

Cars finally works properly in 1.07 or it was just a good dayZ?

I played on full community server (80 players), The Running Manz Chernarus server (1PP).

Keep in mind, my computer is really bad, I'm getting lag and lag spike even when I just walk or run around from time to time, so in this video I'm lagging because of my bad computer and not because of car. At the end of the video I crashed and my right tire get damage, that's why I couldn't keep my car in straight line and in 3rd gear at the end.

What's yours experiance with cars in 1.07. Was this just a luck, or did they actually fix cars in this latest patch?

Video starts at 0:09.

cars work mostly fine if the server is performing well. 

Placing of objects is off, and then item got stuck in hands.  Example: Placed generator (generator not where ghost image was), placed 1st cable reel from generator (same problem as generator with ghost image), went to place 2nd cable reel (wouldn't place, got stuck in hands).

7 hours ago, Fixthegame said:

@Iole Mandale

Do not put "Fixed" when nothing is resolved ...

Explains how it's not fix is with which object thanks

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149282 server crash(Red text) Resolved 😀

what is not resolved is to be able to climb into the sky by taking a car door and letting it go by repeating the operation to enter any camp. I have already created a post on this subject on the support.

See at 2 min 05.

Regards

1 hour ago, Iole Mandale said:

what is not resolved is to be able to climb into the sky by taking a car door and letting it go by repeating the operation to enter any camp. I have already created a post on this subject on the support.

See at 2 min 05.

Regards

i hope you know how to read but... if you didn't know they reverted a change that they made so when you drop a heavy object like let's say a car door... it gets affect by physics and is literally impossible to stay floating in the air... they first fixed it... the stacking thing but there were problems with that so they reverted that change so now it's not affected by physics like before until they fix that... when they fix the bugs related to that system they will implement it back and that problem with stacking stuff will be fixed... it was initially fixed but there were bugs so they reverted it to fix it... be patient it will come soon enough you would know this if you were actually paying attention to what devs are informing everybody trough Twitter ( i just checked twitter they say nothing of this revert but it's in the patch notes somewhere... so yeah... ) at one time you couldn't stack the car door what you did in the video but they had to revert it coz it was causing issues... 

• Thanks 1

I look at the DayZ twitter page every day. This is how I saw that they had backtracked on the physics of heavy objects. With my team, we had several weeks of stuff stolen and our base because of this bug, once corrected, we said to ourselves "great, we are going to redo the same base but better". We therefore spend twice as much time building our base. Yesterday we learned that all of our efforts were wiped out because the developers are going backwards ...

on the other hand, we handle heavy objects constantly and we have not encountered any problem.

I don't know if I have trouble making myself understood because of my English. However, my request seems clear to me. "FixTheGame" is good to Liker the answers of the others but answer, please, to my question: Why to have put back the bug of the flying objects? I think that the bug correction / creation of other bugs was largely in favor of removing this bug. That's all! Our gaming experience has not been altered in any way by this.

20200219005920_1.jpg

Edited by Iole Mandale
  • Thanks 1

Why do you need to jump over ? Can't you break a wall down in 2 min with a hatchet and duct tape on official ?  Not sure why they don't boost the strength of the walls on official servers. Like every private server has done to make it even a little bit of a hassle to break in.

Edited by LoveAffair

The delay between raising your weapon and firing is a bit much in the latest stable update to fix ghost bullets. You can't even fire your weapon right away as soon as it's raised and there's a half second or so delay. Imagine pulling the trigger on a gun then waiting up to a second for it to actually start firing. Could the new server check that's required for this fix happen before the weapon is fully raised? It makes the gunplay feel a lot more "laggy" as it is currently.