Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

1 minute ago, deadinferno said:

It is weird, but I can't see it under my beta-versions tab

Experimental is now an application in your steam library. Just look for DayZ experimental in your game list.

2 minutes ago, acewhittles said:

You need to install the separate DayZ Experimental game in your Steam games list.

Experimental is now an application in your steam library. Just look for DayZ experimental in your game list.

Now I see it, thx

Edited by deadinferno
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, acewhittles said:

Notes also appear to be returning soon.

this is interesting. font it a bit small when writing, but it worked, saved and came back and read it. nice.

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Not that much new stuff (repeater yaaay but where's the Magnum?!?) but a very impressive list of fixes and tweaks, it is obvious where the focus has been for this update! Will hop on expy when I get home from work and give it a good testing. Good job!

(Still wanna know when the V3S will come, and the improvised bow, but heck I can wait a little while longer...)

Barbed wire causing bleeding is gonna make barbed wire a helluva lot better for base protection - unless it can still be removed in 10 seconds from the outside by any numbtard with a pair of pliers.

Exactly and one thing I hated about barbed wire.  Anyone with pliers, which are not uncommon, can just walk up and remove your barbed wire, which should be another point on the fence or gate they have to destroy. 

44 minutes ago, Ronin36 said:

Anyone know if they will fix cars ?

I certainly hope they do.  Not happy with them despawning or being transported to the bottom of the sea. Even lost one in the middle of a huge barn, nowhere near another object or wall..

@Greensek

The inventory glitches seem to be fixed for the most part, however, they seem to reappear when you cut up a dead survivor.

I had killed a guy and he glitched into the wall and I couldn't access his inventory.  I cut him up and could then access it, but suddenly, some of the 1.06 glitches had returned -- I could no longer drag things from his inventory to mine.

For the most part though, they seem fixed, so well done!

• Thanks 2

I was holding my breath for the soft skills reset patch, it would be nice to move forward the discussion about skills, but we can't even properly test them now.

But the inventory fix, return of notes (!) and continued work on the Chernarus map make me more than happy, anyway. Seems like a good job!

1 hour ago, Ronin36 said:

Anyone know if they will fix cars ?

They need to improve server performance. Root of the issue with cars. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thepoey said:

They need to improve server performance. Root of the issue with cars. 

Jesus... finally someone who gets it... i'm happy i'm not alone anymore
i heard Servers run mostly on 1 core... they really need to optimize it 😄

1 hour ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

this is interesting. font it a bit small when writing, but it worked, saved and came back and read it. nice.

Hell yes, I've been waiting for Notes for a very long time. I'm pumped.

7 hours ago, Greensek said:

Added: Amusement park locations throughout Chernarus

Check out this park Svergino . Previously, there were cars. The loot that appeared in the cars now appears in the air of the park.

Spoiler

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

They changed the lighting and it's so awesome... i'm planning on making a video of comparison between 1.06 and initial 1.07 exp update... but the lighting is really different and better... contrast between lit areas and shadows is much improved it's insane

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They changed the lighting and it's so awesome... i'm planning on making a video of comparison between 1.06 and initial 1.07 exp update... but the lighting is really different and better... contrast between lit areas and shadows is much improved it's insane

Can't wait to see it. Props to Derleth for bringing it up before, and thanks for actually listening devs.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I was hoping the moon would work. I was waiting for the cold moonlight. The moon does not work - it is not a sufficiently intense source of light. Now, All the night light - from the degree of illumination of the sky on the horizon, is the warm light from the horizon.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143219

Moonlight.jpg

Edited by lex__1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 2

No inventory glitching at all. The personal night light has been changed so trees don't glow in the dark, good change. However, the clouds are still far too bright and "oily" at night. They are better, but still unnatural and ugly. I frankly don't understand why getting the night sky right is so difficult. If the current cloud model is the cause they really need to change it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Greensek

1.Server are not stable, i upload one full crashlog on the bugtracker / privat
2. The CE is spamming logs  ItemPlanks - spawn refused to close to another one.
3. This typo is still not fixed  [CE] :: Unknown category: 'vehicleparts'.

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Here's the video i made quickly

EDIT:

Here's a comparison in the menu... i think both of the scenes should be same at the same time... same settings

unknown.png

and 1.07
unknown.png

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

Yeah definitely not quite stable, 4 server crashes in 4 hours.

But I had NO issues with the handbug what so ever in 3-4 hours on highpop 1pp, feels great, and NO blanks/ghost bullets! Great work! 😃

But I just want to know one thing... What are those fucking xmas presents doing in there? Don't you DARE bring that shit to stable again, there is enough loot! 💀 @Greensek

Also I struggled alot more than usual finding food on the coast, which is GREAT! I just hope it is the case and not just because I was behind someone all day 😛 Anyone else got the same feel?

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Here's the video i made quickly

Are you considering this in the video?

SERVER

Added: Ability to choose between bright and dark nights through a server config parameter lightingConfig (0 for bright, 1 for dark)

Edited by Asmondian

1 hour ago, TAMW said:

Also I struggled alot more than usual finding food on the coast, which is GREAT! I just hope it is the case and not just because I was behind someone all day 😛 Anyone else got the same feel?

There's usually a guy on reddit that combs through the server files for the changes that the devs don't include in the changelogs lol, I'd wait for that post. There's a lot of pleasant surprises not included in changelogs.