Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

@Greensek It seems zombies and wolves have stopped fighting each other. I dearly hope this is not an intentional change? I am currently besieged in Zelenogorsk by a large flock of wolves and a horde of infected, they are completely ignoring each other.  A couple of days ago in Livonia I was chased up in a green watchtower by a flock of wolves, while I sat there trying to get a shot at the milling wolves I heard growls from the forest and the wolves were joined by a bear. I shot a couple of wolves and soon enough a minor horde of infected were also running about below me - and they were all focused solely on me. None of the AI deathmatching you'd usually get. The bear did its attack animations a few times but didn't seem to cause any damage. In the end I had to waste most of my ammo to kill them all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e said:

If it is, it did  not work. Inventory is still broken.

To the devs:

I've been playing DayZ since 2012, have over 2k hours in stand alone and probably around 500 in the mod. I love this game. But I must say, I know of no other company, not counting only game developers, that have set such a low standard as to what is an acceptable product to be released to the public. 
Quite frankly - this is outrageous. We've paid you for this product, and you do not deliver. Your salery, that you bring home and use to pay rent and put food on your table, it all comes from us - the customers. How dare you take act in such a nonchalant way, releasing a product  that's not nearly finished? You don't think a game like this need a working inventory? Seriously?

The game is broken. As a customer, a long time customer who own DayZ, Livonia, Arma 2 and Arma 3, I demand that you deliver a proper product, according to what was marketed when i gave you my money. I have my own company. If I would treat my customers like this I would be out of business.

There is really no excuse. Fix it now!

They don’t care about us OGs that bought this ridiculous game back in December of 2013 - they only care about squeezing more cash out of us .

cars are still broken , zombies and AI are still fucked , soooo many features are still missing and there’s no patch in sight that seems to add them, the development roadmap was taken offline so we can’t tell them they are behind (again) on their deadlines . This game has become an absolute mess and the only reason it isn’t dead right now is the fanboys that were dragged into it in the last year or so .

These super fans will burn out just like I did if these “devs” don’t push out the rest of their features they promised , fix the damn servers and the vehicle issues , fix the ai issues including wolves and bears , and deliver us the solid survival experiences they touted about years ago . Why did we wait patiently for years for them to “create a whole new engine that can do so much more for dayz “ when now we don’t see Half of those features that we were waiting on the new engine to implement, and the game still operates worse in some instances than it did with the old RV engine?

Just a few features you people promised us that you still haven’t delivered: soft skills to create a player economy of jobs like medic / pilot etc , zombie hordes roaming + dynamic , aerial vehicles / 2 wheeled vehicles + boats , less than lethal weapons , lots of weapons like m249 still not in despite being teased years ago on trello , shooting from vehicles / unique vehicle damage states , static objects affected by vehicle physics , rear view mirrors (picture in picture , eugen harton sent a tweet a LONG time ago stating “picture In picture : coming soon to a rear view mirror In chernarus”) , advanced medical system / surgery , birds , restoring electricity to certain towns , contaminated zones and their effects , survivor game (don’t really care about this POS but it’s another broken promise / failure) , and many many more that I can’t think of or has already been officially chopped from the list of backlogged features .

Such a sad fucking time to be a dayz fan , I used to be a super fan back when all these dreams were simply not achievable due to the old engine ; but alas , were now 2 years into the NEW ENGINE and all we see from the devs is some identical map pushed on us for 15 bucks when really all we want is this large backlog of missing features to be added and the already existing mechanics like vehicles to be fixed and fleshed out completely . Come on dayz devs , you used to actually work hard on this game and now you’ve essentially stopped all work on it and instead pump out shitty paid DLC that literally no one asked for (and you said it would be free years ago , another lie).

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

@Greensek It seems zombies and wolves have stopped fighting each other. I dearly hope this is not an intentional change? I am currently besieged in Zelenogorsk by a large flock of wolves and a horde of infected, they are completely ignoring each other.  A couple of days ago in Livonia I was chased up in a green watchtower by a flock of wolves, while I sat there trying to get a shot at the milling wolves I heard growls from the forest and the wolves were joined by a bear. I shot a couple of wolves and soon enough a minor horde of infected were also running about below me - and they were all focused solely on me. None of the AI deathmatching you'd usually get. The bear did its attack animations a few times but didn't seem to cause any damage. In the end I had to waste most of my ammo to kill them all.

I posted this exact thing in the 1.06 EXP thread. 

Not only do they rush to stable they dont even Read the feedback in that thread before rushing to stable. 🙄

3 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

(and you said it would be free years ago , another lie).

Source please?

39 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Source please?

You dont need a source. You Just joined the party. And missed out on a lot of discussions. So there is no need to dig up that source. 

We (old forum accounts) have heard this since early access. And was also posted here on this forum.

Good Luck digging.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

I posted this exact thing in the 1.06 EXP thread. 

Not only do they rush to stable they dont even Read the feedback in that thread before rushing to stable. 🙄

😔

• Like 1

Just now, Derleth said:

😔

Yeah its getting tiresome. 

My expectations are lowering by the day. 

59 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Source please?

He's been asked several times now to provide a quote for this, but he's unable to do so because they never said this.

Here's what they actually said: "However, there will be a paid DLC at the end of the year (which is not Survivor GameZ, nor Namalsk). Regarding that, we stand by our word that no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall."

And here's the source for that:

I am as frustrated as the rest of you with the state of the game with all its bugs, poor performance and missing features, but claiming that something was supposed to be free when that was never said is only doing a disservice to us all.

• Beans 2

18 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Fallout 76 would be a recent and very well known example fitting that description very well, and Aliens: Colonial Marines would be my personal number 1 of absolute hate and disappointment for the last few years. That doesn't mean you are wrong. The state of the game is like a gamble after every patch and the premature release of "1.0" was, in my view, the biggest mistake they made on their long journey with DayZ. But looking at the copycats spawned during development that failed bad (looking at you, WarZ or whatever you are called now), DayZ is still the best of it's kind, even with all the bugs. That and BIS history of long and good support for its games are some of the few reasons I still got a glimmer of hope for a good ending. I do miss some of the old staff though, especially Hicks. He gave the game a soul and vision, something I seriously miss nowadays. With no roadmap and, lets say, limited communication, we don't really know where we are heading on the long run.

#BringHicksBack #MakeDayZGreatAgain xD

13 hours ago, IMT said:

So it's realistic that when you go above 80 km/h and with the slightest touch to the steering wheel, you start to slide?

you go drive a car 80kmh and start turning left and right and you either will slide or end up crashing like it's Fast and Furious movie... what do you think Volga.. Ada 4x4.. Gunter are? Formula 1? Race Cars with big wings on them to keep them stable to the ground at high speeds... bruh

EDIT: And yes cars are realistic in DayZ... look at my video... i had fun driving in Livonia with a Gunter at 160kmh on ofc Offline mode but still

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

You Just joined the party

Don't get fooled by some numbers, I've been here since mod times, or better since Operation Flashpoint, and translating pretty much every official statement regarding DayZ since years.

3 hours ago, drgullen said:

He's been asked several times now to provide a quote for this, but he's unable to do so because they never said this. 

Yeah thought so, just some fake news to undermine his ranting over several threads.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, Nick Sample said:

Can we please get a realistic answer about the state of cars please

Is there something wrong with cars? I drove on and off for several hours 2 days ago without problems on a highpop server (60+), tho when it got full (80 players) it made the car stutter and crashed into things easily.. This has to do with server performance, so if you're playing on the official servers, I'm guessing you'll have a terrible time in vehicles because the performance is absolute dogshit on there with all the leftover basebuilding garbage they never wipe, probably hundreds of stashes and the whole coast is just a deathmatch zone with bodies and loot scattered all over from the serverhop hive feature they refuse to get rid of.

What I whould like an answer to, is why the hive system is still even in official dayz? Do you (devs) seriously not see it only ruins the game? It totally disrupts the player flow, and gives us the ability to teleport fully geared to the coast at wish (with 2x 75sec wait to switch server and back) destroying the whole time as a fresh spawn, and just making the whole coast a killing zone with mindless non-stop pvp.

The state they have set for the official vanilla dayz experience is shameful. This is where most new players join, and the standard should be higher.

13 hours ago, Derleth said:

I disagree personally, the wolves have been way to easy to get rid of by just getting them around infected or other animals. I feel the AI should only be concerned with players, otherwise it almost completely removes any challenge. And god fucking knows we need more of a challenge in this game, so for me this is only a good thing.

Oh by the way @Greensek You guys HAVE to include the bears in chernarus! Those things are absolutely awsome, and need to be roaming the western woods around Pavlovo, Zeleno, Myshkino, Lopatino and up to Tisy =D

3 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

If you have been around that long then you should remember that statement, i remember reading it.

If it was an official statement, it shouldn't be too hard to give me a source, right? It's common to verify a statement with facts, especially in a discussion. I am getting old so I can't fully rule out that I just forgot that they really said something like this and I will stand down as soon as I've seen proof.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

3 hours ago, TAMW said:

Oh by the way @Greensek You guys HAVE to include the bears in chernarus! Those things are absolutely awsome, and need to be roaming the western woods around Pavlovo, Zeleno, Myshkino, Lopatino and up to Tisy =D

dude... they literally said no features will be locked behind paywall... they will add them to Chernarus but knowing Bohemia that will probably be moved to 1.07 update... they need to work some spawn zones for the bears to spawn... and also hopefully 1.07 will bring Chernarus overhaul with new car wrecks that Livonia has 😄 maybe even some new ones like V3S wreck and Mini Van wreck... there are a bunch of wrecks that aren't new they are still old but those vehicles are in the game just gonna come at a later date... like Van for example

16 hours ago, drgullen said:

Here's what they actually said: "However, there will be a paid DLC at the end of the year (which is not Survivor GameZ, nor Namalsk). Regarding that, we stand by our word that no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall."

And here's the source for that:

I am as frustrated as the rest of you with the state of the game with all its bugs, poor performance and missing features, but claiming that something was supposed to be free when that was never said is only doing a disservice to us all.

Yeah its fun that you show that. Its only from last year. Thanks god the game is not older then that........ Ow wait..... It is.

May I remember the lot of you disbelievers that the forum threads and its content have been overset to a new forum format. A year And half ago if im not mistaken.  And only the stickies were taken with the new format. 

Do you find it hard to believe that BI would or would not transfer that info? I know the answer to that question.

I know a lot of you disbelievers hopped on the release hype train this year. You know next to nothing of the development these past 6/7 years. 

Brian and Dean Both stated there Will be no paid DLC for early access players. 

You dont have to believe us old forum farts but i suggest you take someones word for it. 

Just saying show proof shows ignorance.... 

Found this about 7 years back

https://segmentnext.com/2013/02/20/dayz-standalone-wont-charge-for-dlc/amp/

Edited by McWendy

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you go drive a car 80kmh and start turning left and right and you either will slide or end up crashing like it's Fast and Furious movie... what do you think Volga.. Ada 4x4.. Gunter are? Formula 1? Race Cars with big wings on them to keep them stable to the ground at high speeds... bruh

EDIT: And yes cars are realistic in DayZ... look at my video... i had fun driving in Livonia with a Gunter at 160kmh on ofc Offline mode but still

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. The Gunter model in-game is still used today by many people here in The Netherlands and they drive them on the highway, which have a maximum speed of 130 km/h. If you're driving in DayZ 130 km/h and do the slightest manouvre to the left or right, i.e. try to switch lanes, your car spins out. I have never heard of a story of that VW model driving on the highway and starting to spin out on 130 km/h because they touched the steering wheel slightly. The car physics in this game are bullshit, the handling of the car feel indeed realistic.

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Yeah its fun that you show that. Its only from last year. Thanks god the game is not older then that........ Ow wait..... It is.

May I remember the lot of you disbelievers that the forum threads and its content have been overset to a new forum format. A year And half ago if im not mistaken.  And only the stickies were taken with the new format. 

Do you find it hard to believe that BI would or would not transfer that info? I know the answer to that question.

I know a lot of you disbelievers hopped on the release hype train this year. You know next to nothing of the development these past 6/7 years. 

Brian and Dean Both stated there Will be no paid DLC for early access players. 

You dont have to believe us old forum farts but i suggest you take someones word for it. 

Just saying show proof shows ignorance.... 

Found this about 7 years back

Jesus man, eat a snickers. Wanting some proof for a vague statement got nothing to do with ignorance, we even learn that at school that you validate your statements with facts in a discussion. Get off your high horse and stop being so bitchy.

I followed the link you posted, even to it's listed source. Still looking for the actual statement (appart from a headline of some guy), but maybe BIS took take of that and forced them to delete it...you never know.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about. The Gunter model in-game is still used today by many people here in The Netherlands and they drive them on the highway, which have a maximum speed of 130 km/h. If you're driving in DayZ 130 km/h and do the slightest manouvre to the left or right, i.e. try to switch lanes, your car spins out. I have never heard of a story of that VW model driving on the highway and starting to spin out on 130 km/h because they touched the steering wheel slightly. The car physics in this game are bullshit, the handling of the car feel indeed realistic.

In my country also... Serbia and the rest of the Balkans... Golf and especially Golf 2 is popular it's all over the place my... Ehh.. Idk how it's called but it's a brother from my dad's mother... He drives Golf 1 so i know Golf. I've seen it... But i do agree sometimes it's too much to loose control but it's still possible to loose control and slide... And also you probably slide because you keep hitting the gas pedal... When you start sliding just let of the gas bro... This are basics of Drifting 101 😛

Just let of the gas that will help... 

13 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

I followed the link you posted, even to it's listed source. Still looking for the actual statement (appart from a headline of some guy), but maybe BIS took take of that and forced them to delete it...you never know.

I followed that link, too.  Doesn't seem legit.  Did I mention that they had the 1.07 patch notes!?  All I found was third party hearsay.  

The problem with what that article says is that the game developers don't get to make all of the decisions.  Dean and Brian don't work for Bohemia anymore.  This is significant.  They never had any right determining what to charge for products.  The code nerds don't control the money behind Bohemia.  This is a business entity and they have every right to charge for products.  This is basic business, folks.  The money from the Livonia map helps BI, and it's employees, pay bills, make more games, and prosper.  Consumers are entitled to nothing.  Honestly, it's not even a lot of money for a typical online gamer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Jesus man, eat a snickers. Wanting some proof for a vague statement got nothing to do with ignorance, we even learn that at school that you validate your statements with facts in a discussion. Get off your high horse and stop being so bitchy.

I know it hurts to see that you are not right. 

Being bitchy? You dispute others. I disputed you. Didn't you Learn that in school? Debating and discussing.

A vague statement of some Guy? Sure but it does show that no paid DLC was a topic you cant deny that now, quite simple really. 

And thanks for ignoring the BI removed info part. 

Re: Inventory in 1.06

I liked the 1.05 version.  Please change it back.  You have a hotbar.  The items on it were red or green.  If you had space, it was green.  It would turn red if you looted something and ran out of space.   This was fine.  I can count on zero fingers how many times I accidentally dropped something.  Maybe make the indicator more prominent.  Because sometimes video games take effort.  You have to be aware of your surroundings AND your inventory.  Also, I would be willing to bet that people generally carry more things than they really need.  If you're maxed out on inventory space then you might want to re-evaluate wtf you're doing.  Maybe invest in some persistent storage.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Re: Inventory in 1.06

I liked the 1.05 version.  Please change it back.  You have a hotbar.  The items on it were red or green.  If you had space, it was green.  It would turn red if you looted something and ran out of space.   This was fine.  I can count on zero fingers how many times I accidentally dropped something.  Maybe make the indicator more prominent.  Because sometimes video games take effort.  You have to be aware of your surroundings AND your inventory.  Also, I would be willing to bet that people generally carry more things than they really need.  If you're maxed out on inventory space then you might want to re-evaluate wtf you're doing.  Maybe invest in some persistent storage.

Let's not do this. The inventory in v1.06 is magnificent and the developers should be proud of their relentless hard work. Thank you developers, for making DayZ all that it is today and for giving us a beautiful updated inventory system. No need to cater to players who are stuck in the past.