ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.05

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

So, you started on one server and then changed to another server.  That's server hopping.  Same hive, perhaps.

Constantly switching servers and only staying on each server for a very short time, let's say 10 minutes, then its server hopping. Yes same hive otherwise I would not be able to have the same character.

What do you do, when a server you play goes down/restarts/crashes? I wait or I change server.

Edited by hyz4

3 hours ago, hyz4 said:

Constantly switching servers and only staying on each server for a very short time, let's say 10 minutes, then its server hopping. Yes same hive otherwise I would not be able to have the same character.

What do you do, when a server you play goes down/restarts/crashes? I wait or I change server.

Well, that's your choice to switch servers, for sure.  It doesn't matter if it's every 10 minutes or you just switch servers once, ever.  If you switch to a different server, the game will move you.  It doesn't care about the frequency.  So, to answer your question, NO, this is not a bug.

What do I do?  I click on the play button and log back in right away.  Why wait or change servers?  If they're Official servers, they generally come right back.  If they're private servers, well, that's not on BI.

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Parazight said:

Well, that's your choice to switch servers, for sure.  It doesn't matter if it's every 10 minutes or you just switch servers once, ever.  If you switch to a different server, the game will move you.  It doesn't care about the frequency.  So, to answer your question, NO, this is not a bug.

What do I do?  I click on the play button and log back in right away.  Why wait or change servers?  If they're Official servers, they generally come right back.  If they're private servers, well, that's not on BI.

I dont think it is supposed to work like that. I started on one server, switched to another, but when I traveled on the 2nd server and I rejoined the 2nd server again it moved me back to north east corner of the map. I have never heard of this feature, but I had to admin I dont read every line of the change notes. May be Bohemia tried to counter server hopping and created a bug here.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, hyz4 said:

I dont think it is supposed to work like that. I started on one server, switched to another, but when I traveled on the 2nd server and I rejoined the 2nd server again it moved me back to north east corner of the map. I have never heard of this feature, but I had to admin I dont read every line of the change notes. May be Bohemia tried to counter server hopping and created a bug here.

That is exactly what it is, this system was implemented in 1.04 I think, and is designed to stop ghosting and make server hopping for loot so impractical that it is just not worth the hassle. In that regard it works perfectly, although it comes with other drawbacks. For example, you can use the teleport as a means of rapid travel. Say you have travelled all the way from the coast to Tisy and is bogged down with loot. Travelling anywhere on the map will take ages, so in theory you could hop to another server - and get teleported anywhere - and then hop right back to your first server. The teleport will deposit you somewhere along the coastal region, basically saving you hours of running. With a bit of bad luck you'll land in the knee of someone who'll kill you before you get your bearings, or at the "wrong" end of the coast.

Either way it is now a feature, and how long you have been logged out does not matter one bit, if you change servers you will change location.

Thank u Bi for 1.05

Ah a big part from the player base is gone...

Edited by Fun Automat

47 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

Thank u Bi for 1.05

Ah a big part from the player base is gone...

kids probably playing Fortnite or PUBG lol

Oh man I feel pity for the people who still play this game.

1.0 ruined everything, have fun enjoying your battle-royale bullshit with base-building whales and incompetent devs. This game has strayed so far from what made it great. Base-building was a huge mistake, new engine was a mistake, new controls are a mistake, everything you did since the new engine was a mistake.

0.50 was better than DayZ is now, and 0.50 was the patch where water wells didn't work.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

1.0 ruined everything, have fun enjoying your battle-royale bullshit with base-building whales and incompetent devs. This game has strayed so far from what made it great. Base-building was a huge mistake, new engine was a mistake, new controls are a mistake, everything you did since the new engine was a mistake.

0.50 was better than DayZ is now, and 0.50 was the patch where water wells didn't work.

I feel pity for the people like you who apparently have nothing better to do with their lives than troll on the Internet.

• Beans 1

51 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I feel pity for the people like you who apparently have nothing better to do with their lives than troll on the Internet.

Troll? I've been a big supporter since the Mod days, you came here in 2018 so you haven't even got a clue what I'm talking about. 

If you think 1.0 is better than 0.62 then you're delusional, literally half of the features are gone, no broken bones, no ballistics, guns are now railguns, shitty disease and medical system, shitty melee, more bugs, etc.

Oh, and yeah, please pay for the DLC. 😉 

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

So I've got some bugs to report.

First, when will you fix campfire persistence? It disappears after an hour for me.

Second, magazines get stuck on KA rifles. Had to discard several high-end ones due to this.

Third, why is the knife making a pistol reload noise?

Fourth, when I try carrying huge objects, my character's left hand gets stretched a meter ahead. I guess it's not a feature?

Fifth, where the hell are crafting slots in barrels?

1 hour ago, haxordie said:

So I've got some bugs to report.

First, when will you fix campfire persistence? It disappears after an hour for me.

Second, magazines get stuck on KA rifles. Had to discard several high-end ones due to this.

Third, why is the knife making a pistol reload noise?

Fourth, when I try carrying huge objects, my character's left hand gets stretched a meter ahead. I guess it's not a feature?

Fifth, where the hell are crafting slots in barrels?

campfire doesn have persistence because of optimization... imagine how many people would build them and eventually lag up the server

Crafting slots in barrels were removed to clean the UI and it served no purpose 🙂

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Troll? I've been a big supporter since the Mod days, you came here in 2018 so you haven't even got a clue what I'm talking about. 

If you think 1.0 is better than 0.62 then you're delusional, literally half of the features are gone, no broken bones, no ballistics, guns are now railguns, shitty disease and medical system, shitty melee, more bugs, etc.

Oh, and yeah, please pay for the DLC. 😉 

all those features dont work with the new engine because they changed the programming language and is incompatible... all that will eventually come and Enfusion is the best thing that happend to this game EVER 

5 hours ago, VVarhead said:

base building came in just for the sake of having it... it will get polished... new engine allowed 100 fps in highly detailed Cherno from previous 10 fps ... new controls work fine for me i like to press the mouse wheel to ADS 

All the features that were in are incompatible with the new engine and a lot of the features were in the old game just for the sake of having them and not working as best it could and they want to remake those features to work properly and look even better look at the throwing they re added... waaaay better then old DayZ... they said 2019 is the year of bug fixing and making a stable platform and a foundation... next year we will get big shit comming like bones breaking and stuff like that 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

campfire doesn have persistence because of optimization... imagine how many people would build them and eventually lag up the server

Crafting slots in barrels were removed to clean the UI and it served no purpose 🙂

Is crafting with barrels still available?

Also, what if I build a stone oven? Is persistence for those off too?

Edited by haxordie

On 8/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, ImpulZ said:

Tweaked: Removed the crafting attachments from the barrel

Patchnotes, first page.

could have at least fixed some of the fps lag and bogging down in the vehicles and rendering problems. Instead lets add another vehicle you'll wreck in 5 minutes driving through cherno

Edited by Austin.lj14

Any plans to repair the bullet damage to the previous one? Bullet 7. 62x54-removes half of the cross.  7. 62x39-the upper division of the cross. But if the distance is 300 meters and above, to kill someone is almost impossible, damaged jacket and unloading and a few minutes of health is restored again. As far back as I can remember, dayz never rolled down to such an arcade. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, haxordie said:

Is crafting with barrels still available?

Also, what if I build a stone oven? Is persistence for those off too?

You can build stone ovens?! 

*shocked pikachu face*

On 9/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, Derleth said:

... Travelling anywhere on the map will take ages, so in theory you could hop to another server - and get teleported anywhere - and then hop right back to your first server.  ...

No only in theory. It is a very practical mean of travel and even being in a group is not a problem. This denfinitly needs to be fixed. 

There are some serious issues with Base Building.

I build some watchtower and walls last night, coming back this morning to find some stuff floating in the air. and only thing that was left was the door.

I went back for a backup where i left last night. Now it is like it was when I left, however, I logged out for like 10 min , logging back in and find it start to decays/despawn.  I make backup every 2 min which then is applied back after an crash or restart. This has been my fool proof to be 100% sure that things stay. So this decaying is something else.

Is there a limit in how many walls you can place on a certain spot ?

https://imgur.com/a/QS1Nu0m

7 hours ago, Relic77 said:

There are some serious issues with Base Building.

I build some watchtower and walls last night, coming back this morning to find some stuff floating in the air. and only thing that was left was the door.

I went back for a backup where i left last night. Now it is like it was when I left, however, I logged out for like 10 min , logging back in and find it start to decays/despawn.  I make backup every 2 min which then is applied back after an crash or restart. This has been my fool proof to be 100% sure that things stay. So this decaying is something else.

Is there a limit in how many walls you can place on a certain spot ?

Can you repeat this on official servers?  Otherwise, official response may be that it is a player created mod that is responsible.

Edited by Parazight

I really really surprise that people don´t complain about one big bug that there are right now in 1.05. When you kill a player that is doing some action with his gun, later you can´t loot the weapon. The weapon is part of the death body.

This is in my opinion one of the worse bug ever in dayz. It is pointless kill player for the loot because you can´t loot the primary weapon of them. And if you partner died you can´t save his weapon.

I hope that soon be a hotfix for this problem. Other thing that I will like that be fix the landmine don´t kill players, I miss the landmines.

Anyway there are so many bugs and problems but I hope that they fix the main problems. The others new small problems it seem that allways will be. I dont know how the develops try the things, for example, now you can´t keep plate vest with bag that have things inside of the bags in the inventory. But if you have the plate vest inside of the inventory and you loot a bag that have things inside, the bag with the things is combined with the plate vest in the inventory... And if you have the plate vest inside of a waterproof bag, later you drop the waterproof bag and you can buried. How is it possible that they try to fix something and dont check this cain of things?

Edited by kampa120

Found a knife sheath recently. First of all, it was impossible to put the knife in. Only thing that worked was to drop my knife on the ground, attach the sheath to belt and then pickup the knife by double clicking. Knife went automatically to the sheath. Well, stupid but fine, moving on. However; next time I pulled out my knife, I pulled out the whole package and instead of slashing damage I was flapping the sheathed knife. Fortunately, there was only one infected in sight and I managed to slap him to death. I had to urge to yell damage numbers out loud as it was akin to proper LARP experience. 

So, if I don't wish to play DayZ: the slapstick survival comedy, how do I properly use the sheath? Or is it just another item on the bug list? 

On 9/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, Parazight said:

Can you repeat this on official servers?  Otherwise, official response may be that it is a player created mod that is responsible.

Problem is to repeat this is nothing you do over a night. My server have been running for quite a long time and it started for like one week ago. I do understand that mods might be the cause but why haven't it happened earlier?. But a swift googling show it has happens on non mod servers to. Non community servers tends to wipe their database more frequently so it could in fact be a time bomb. This has happen on my non modded server earlier (before I installed server mods) that tents and walls did despawn.

I will just highlight that this might be a problem for server that don't wipes their database as frequently than other. Last I wiped was for the 1.03 update.

Edited by Relic77