donnyuk78

Update delay

1 hour ago, greggyt said:

Allowed you to? So is it now ready to be pushed for cert?

We are still doing some internal testing on the new build to verify the fixes and check for regression issues, the submission should happen tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, greggyt said:

Also @ImpulZ if updates have to be released at the same time how did the accidental update release for Xbox and not PS4 just last month? 

Surely that proves they can be separate.

The accidental update just included some minor fixes for performance, nothing affecting the database.

Our new update is bigger and includes changes affecting the database connection, which is why it needs to be released simultaneously.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

@ImpulZ A quick xbox server wipe would of been a good way to soften the blow thou dude surely? 😞 

the coast is riddled with duperz crap.. fresh clean servers would atleast give the proper dayz players a change of the loot system working again... AK and M4's have vanished unless you find a shitty god tent in the woods or off a meatballs body in the factory 😞 

Edited by Djyoz
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xnosferatu89x said:

Why do you keep dodging the suggestion to wipe servers?

@ImpulZ

It is confirmed that console servers will be wiped with the patch. 

20 minutes ago, amadieus said:

It is confirmed that console servers will be wiped with the patch. 

Yes but this is exceptional

1 hour ago, Djyoz said:

@ImpulZ A quick xbox server wipe would of been a good way to soften the blow thou dude surely? 😞 

the coast is riddled with duperz crap.. fresh clean servers would atleast give the proper dayz players a change of the loot system working again... AK and M4's have vanished unless you find a shitty god tent in the woods or off a meatballs body in the factory 😞 

A wipe now is pointless. The pricks will just redupe. 

Better off holding for update at this stage

• Like 3

1 hour ago, awalsh47 said:

A wipe now is pointless. The pricks will just redupe. 

Better off holding for update at this stage

Yea exactly. Why waste time wiping now when they are going to do it with the update. Would just slow the team down from getting the update certified. 

I like how everyone moans when they have no idea how the certification process works. Be patient or go play something else in the meantime. I will say BI could be a bit more clear with their twitter posts and updates. Posting "the cert failed because of Sony" and then no clarification on why the Xbox release would be delayed as well just pissed people off and caused a shit storm. Yeah, I mean big deal...you have to wait a couple weeks more...get over it...but if you're going to communicate, think it through and do it right. At the end of the day BI is doing their best to get this update through and improve the game. They are new to the console stuff and it will take time.

The funny thing is, the reason we need this update so bad is that the players are toxic af and will cheat and dupe and server hop and ghost their way through the game. Ironic that the same players who are causing this toxic meta and are cheating are the ones whining about the update to patch those exact exploits. Yea sure its the devs fault for allowing those exploits in the game, but there has to be a scummy player at the controller to abuse them. 

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We are still doing some internal testing on the new build to verify the fixes and check for regression issues, the submission should happen tomorrow.

The accidental update just included some minor fixes for performance, nothing affecting the database.

Our new update is bigger and includes changes affecting the database connection, which is why it needs to be released simultaneously.

Here's hoping everything goes well this time.

Submission tomorrow. Update on Monday if everything is good?

Purge this weekend, everyone???

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I certainly wish the best outcome but then again threads and posts on this forum have been so much fun to read 

Edited by MaximusDickus

19 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Here's hoping everything goes well this time.

Submission tomorrow. Update on Monday if everything is good?

Purge this weekend, everyone???

Sounds about right... I know a few god tents I can raid for the purge. Makes it so much less fun though knowing I can be fully geared again 10 minutes after red screen...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Regarding the question why we do not release the version on Xbox earlier: This is because the two platforms share the same database, meaning updates to it have to be released at the same time.

On a positive note, the delay allowed us to add some additional performance and crash fixes into the build.

Ok I understand now 

6 minutes ago, Skimshady said:

no apparantly they resubmitted it today so next week im guessing 

I did read that, was just hoping there can be clarification for those who still think it will be on on the *last day* if July as they believe BI is based on lies and deceit for whatever reason @ImpulZ 

19 hours ago, Djyoz said:

@ImpulZ A quick xbox server wipe would of been a good way to soften the blow thou dude surely?

It's not a thing we want to do, as we don't want to punish the honest players for our mistakes or those of their fellow players. So we want to keep wipes to a minimum, namely when the update hits.

10 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

I did read that, was just hoping there can be clarification for those who still think it will be on on the *last day* if July as they believe BI is based on lies and deceit for whatever reason @ImpulZ 

As mentioned at the start of the discussion in our tweet:

The update will not be released this week.

• Beans 2