0.64 Freerider

The OFFICIAL list of PROMISED FEATURES as of 2018...a reminder

Its such a sad thing to see. Most frustrating is that we Saw it coming miles away and warned the devs but they still went on their way to kill of this game. 

Looks like development is a place Holder for all possible refund requests. As long as we perceive development is ongoing those requests Will not be made by the masses......... Yet

I for one removed DayZ from my pc as everything promised Will never make it in game by 2025. I Will start playing again after o.62 content is in. 

So from a skeptic and critical, but still having trust in the game, i went to this game has drowned in one update. The update wasnt even that bad.

The roadmap is bad...... Very bad. 

• Beans 3

6 hours ago, Kerbo said:

I'm just as disappointed with the state of the game as anyone but "planned" does not mean "promised"

Broken body parts should have always been a main feature. At least hopefully soon it will make character interaction carry more weight behind it.

*You decide to kill the guy in front of you and take his loot. But before he dies he manages to break one of your arm's or a leg in the fight. Now you've just screwed yourself over and have ether alerted other players to you location or just rung the dinner bell for some infected. You got a whole day or two worth of healing to take into in account now as well as make sure you got enough food, water and shelter to survive it.*

That's what I'd like to see anyways.

• Beans 2

21 hours ago, McWendy said:

So from a skeptic and critical, but still having trust in the game, i went to this game has drowned in one update. The update wasnt even that bad.

The roadmap is bad...... Very bad. 

Hope has left the server.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

Im very disappointed. I was always hopeful and I actually still think that we might at least get some of the legacy features back, but for example choppers.. I dont think its ever gonna happen by BI.

Bones and a more fleshed out medical system is of the utmost importance. Its ridiculous that the system was such a barebones version in 1.0 and even after, I guess bones were "flavor" as well. 

But yeah, I think the real downfall was not with the engine problems and swap and not with all the dev't problems before and after, but with the release on consoles. Everybody knew that once 1.0 hits the dev't would slow down to a crawl, but the fact that BI went greedily to the console markets, whilst saying that "it wont affect the PC version dev't negatively" now they are saying how "we would like to dedicate more time for each update this year and thus will leave bigger gaps between the updates to make sure we have more time to prepare for all platforms".

I know there are separate people working on the console versions as well, but things need to be clearly done in a certain way in order to get things working on consoles better. I think the shamefully barebones, "flavorless", incomplete 1.0 release is, in hindsight, proof of how that greedy decision made it worse for PC as well. 

Bohemia Interactive, I am very disappointed in you. I wanted to believe in this game but this new road map and redistributing of devs is just a nail on the coffin, DayZ wont even get all the legacy features back. Your company was thus added to the list of boycotted companies I have and I will recommend everyone I know to do the same. Boycott everything your produce or publish. You guys are one of companies that I regard as greedy liars now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I kept the faith for a long time but I no longer think BI will add the original staples and rather sadly, I feel like a play tester for Arma 4. Whether that's true or not, only BI can tell. 

I wonder if I will ever be able to rightfully check off another one of those boxes...😕

Edited by 0.64 Freerider

And it might just happen...

Excerpt from the Bohemia Recap - May 2020 [https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-recap-may-2020]

"The DayZ team is making good progress with Update 1.08. We'll share more details soon, but you can expect a number of new features and assets, as well as many bug fixes and balancing tweaks. It'll be worth the wait!"

• Beans 1

Dude, was it absolutely necessary to necro this thread? I get it, you didn't get what you wanted with this game. Duly noted. But Christ this kind of witch hunt is an obsession. Bohemia messed up, and I do believe everyone is well aware of that, including Bohemia. Many players out there (including myself) who play the game and enjoy it don't focus on the bad anymore we focus on the fun we have and the experiences we build from what we have. If we want more, we mod it, it's pretty simple.

OH BUT THE MODS SHOULD BE CONTENT AND THAT'S A COP-OUT!

Granted, I would like to see some of the things that mods are doing be put into the game, but I do understand that with a limited studio, Bohemia is doing what they can. Furthermore, it's not the fault of the DayZ devs that their studio was downsized it was the fault of their upper echelons deciding to cut funding for a smaller community. That's how business's work, you see? If it's not bringing in the revenue they expect then they limit the damage so the company can continue to prosper. With that said, I just look to the content creators out there to add additional content that I can cherry pick and add to my server as wanted. We don't complain about it not being official because, well, that's what a modding community is for. Games such as Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series have extensive modding communities and in truth the content they put out absolutely revolutionizes the game in some aspect. Hell, there were modders for Skyrim who created COMPLETELY new games out of the engine they were given but I don't blame Todd Howard because some of those mods are amazing, I applaud the content creators.

The games been out for seven years and there are still major bugs in it! That's laziness on the part of the dev's!

Bugs will be bugs. You will find them and they happen. You may die to them, that's why they're bad. Is it the fault of the Devs that there are bugs in here that are from back a long time ago? Probably. Does it help to beat the shit out of an already dead horse? No, no it does not. What this thread does is like bringing up a mistake someone made from several years back.

"Hey Bill, remember that time three years ago when you burned out my CD player in my car? That was bad, huh?"
"Hey Bill, remember when you dropped that 32 count of eggs in my front yard? Wow that was pretty awful, right?"

The horse is dead, beating it doesn't do anything but make you feel better. We all know this game has bugs, glitches, and exploits. Yes, they should be fixed... however see above. Small community and they can only work on so much as one time. Needless to say, this isn't a front line title anymore, it's not even a second grade title. DayZ is a title that extends to a niche of players who are loyal to it and will continue to play it despite other games coming up. That's why we still have those bugs.

The hacking community has gone absolutely mad with new hacks and it's destroying the game! Why don't the DayZ devs do something about that, huh?

You know the difference between a hacker and the DayZ devs? The dev has to fix a lot of things in the game at once while the hacker has to fix only one. The dev has to repair, place models, implement sounds, animations, damage models, etc, etc. The hacker just has to combat battle-eye and beat it. In truth, a lot of the major issues with the hackers aren't something the devs can fix, but it falls in the lap of Battle-eye because that's the anti-cheat system this game uses to stop these people. Once the hacker has the trainer that he will use to break into the game it's done, he's happy with it except when adding one or two new QoL improvements. After that, it's simply beating Battle-eye over and over again to get his trainer to work in the game. That's it, easy peasy. Again, this isn't really a Dev issue but they take the ass chewing for it regardless.

Witch hunts and anti-propaganda don't accomplish anything. They actually hurt the community and believe it or not discourage the Dev's. What would you feel like if your game you sunk so much heart and soul into was constantly shit on by an ungrateful playerbase who did nothing but spit and rant whenever something wasn't the way they wanted? Personally, I would have went ape-shit at the people here a LONG time ago.

• Beans 3

Holy shit. I've actually found someone on this sad excuse for a forum that I actually agree with. 

TANDWAN FOR PREZ 2020!

EDIT: Tandwan deserves special formatting!

Edited by Grimey Rick

On 6/7/2020 at 5:49 AM, tandwan said:

Witch hunts and anti-propaganda don't accomplish anything. They actually hurt the community and believe it or not discourage the Dev's. What would you feel like if your game you sunk so much heart and soul into was constantly shit on by an ungrateful playerbase who did nothing but spit and rant whenever something wasn't the way they wanted? Personally, I would have went ape-shit at the people here a LONG time ago.

When you lie to people and charge their hard earned money upon those lies, do not be surprised when they don't like it, once they find out. The point of this post was to put the truth out there, to remind the people of it. Because there is a distinct difference between sweeping it under the rug or making it official. As long as the official promises aren't officially broken, there is no reason as to why we should expect any different. In case they keep the lies in the air to make more money of it, that would be kind of wrong don't you think?

So...as the title states...a reminder.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, tandwan said:

Discourage the devs?  That's laughable.  Welcome to the 21st century and the internet.  This type of thing goes on everywhere.  In every business that operates in a free market society.

What would I feel like??  WHO CARES!!  The world isn't powered by feelings!  Professionals don't go ape-shit.  BI hasn't gone ape-shit, because they understand this.  You deal with problems that matter the best you can and move on.  Forums are a place for discussion.  There's no reason to put so much stock into the value of what is said there.  I've always supported the developers here, but there's no reason insult them by assuming they get upset when plebs type stuff on the interwebs.

If someone is tailgating you when you're driving down the road, do you get upset?  or do you ignore it like a rational person should?

Honestly, the only worthwhile discussion is when a board of directors asks the right questions and holds management accountable for failing profits/expectations.

• Like 2

I'm happy to say, I was able to tick off another one of those boxes, with the amazing addition of contaminated areas. There isn't much left now until all the boxes are ticked 🙂 GREAT JOB DEVS!

• Beans 2

Still progress. If it makes you happy to keep track of it all more power to you freerider, Do you think we may have more by the end of 2022?

(wait for it someone to get salty about necro thread)

Edited by fuzzy_chimera

On 9/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, fuzzy_chimera said:

Still progress. If it makes you happy to keep track of it all more power to you freerider, Do you think we may have more by the end of 2022?

(wait for it someone to get salty about necro thread)

I made this post at a time where the devs communicated in a very vague manner to put it mildly. I wanted to remind the people of what they were led to believe and inform them that I was of the opinion, should any of these things they were led to believe be discarded, that that should be openly communicated by the devs.

If they keep up the pace, then I'm sure there will be more by the end of 2022. Personally I would like to see carrying characters, ragdolls and cars that are actually reliable and fully functional.

(In my understanding this doesn't feel into the category of necro threads, as it was never meant to be one where there would be alot of discussion, but instead one to be there for me and others to return to when things change in regards to the things that were once dangled in front of peoples noses.)

• Beans 1