ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on July 15th!

@ImpulZ

Is there any chance the team will add in servers to replace those in the future?

I’m sure there’re many who do not want to join high pop servers. Some of us really enjoy the low pop scene. Personally, back when there were actual numerical values to server populations ( I really miss that feature) I would purposely look for as low a value as I could find. We all know how humans are in numbers...

On another note, I’m hopeful that there’s a permanent fix for duping. Any further info we can get would be much appreciated. 

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nayte said:

@ImpulZ

Is there any chance the team will add in servers to replace those in the future?

I’m sure there’re many who do not want to join high pop servers. Some of us really enjoy the low pop scene. Personally, back when there were actual numerical values to server populations ( I really miss that feature) I would purposely look for as low a value as I could find. We all know how humans are in numbers...

On another note, I’m hopeful that there’s a permanent fix for duping. Any further info we can get would be much appreciated. 

Keep up the great work!

Im sure that these servers come back online at some point, if everything important got analysed.

Uh...ok... But, PLEASE! can you clarify what these "current console issues" are exactly as theres too many "issues" for anyone to assume that closing down a few servers has anything to do with any one issue in particular because i think the majority of your xbox player base would be over the moon with you guys concentrating all your efforts into fixing meatballing and duping and giving us regular detailed updates on how the fixes for these issues are coming along.... I genuinely believe that would make most people happy 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Just a warning at this point, as you already went for denunciation and now uninformed claims. We understand frustration about persistent issues in the game, but please stick to our guidelines for the forums.

To clear that up a bit: The test with the 150 player server was, as described in the accompanying tweet, a test for hardware performance. And just because a server is able to run 150 players does not mean we will increase every single server to 150 players, as there's obviously way more to consider on that. The test was just to see the performance of specific server hardware (our second hardware performance test was using only 60 slot servers btw).

Our team is working on the known issues of duping, meatballing, frame drops, and ghosting, while porting the new content and features from PC to consoles. Those are our priorities.

I am trying to get my friends to play the game, in the last few days I have got three others to purchase it. One loves it, despite of its problems, loves it for what the game is about, the hardcore loot grinding experience.. The other two now think I am a dickhead for recommended DayZ because of its current issues. They cited the lag and lack of loot with all these weird boxes and tents everywhere. The way the game is now with the duping and the problems that arise from it could be possibly the absolute worst first impression to be put on new players. The duping has got to go...

As far as I'm concerned they could wipe every server & character every day until a duping fix is enabled so losing a few servers is absolutely fine, really good news to hear that there trying there hardest to get exploit fixes into the next updates at least .dieing to play dayz again but just can't stomach it till these game breaking issues are still prevalent.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Whiiiine.

So many teenagers...

They probably have their reasons, they stated its because of the duping-activity and that its a part of the new ways to combat it that we are waiting for.

Give them a bloody chance before the whining start, and THEN break out the whips when there actually is a reason for it instead of just yelling for no reason (which is the equivalent of what is going on in here most of the time).

Should wipe all servers/characters & eliminate all cross server abilities, (everything on a server stays on that server, character , gear,,ect. so if u join a different server should spawn as new character, & if u log without waiting the 15sec should have to wait for certain amount of time before u can rejoin that same server,) this will get rid of most problems in game like duping items, taking gear to other servers, & server hopping to get past base walls. Oh & need to fix combo locks so they cannot be opened/removed without knowing the correct combo cause they're pointless right now. & please add keys for the vehicles & dont unlock locked doors on server reset. Or add placeable/lockable safe, & a buildable bicycle for new spawns.

13 minutes ago, budmaster said:

Should wipe all servers/characters & eliminate all cross server abilities, (everything on a server stays on that server, character , gear,,ect. so if u join a different server should spawn as new character, & if u log without waiting the 15sec should have to wait for certain amount of time before u can rejoin that same server,) this will get rid of most problems in game like duping items, taking gear to other servers, & server hopping to get past base walls. Oh & need to fix combo locks so they cannot be opened/removed without knowing the correct combo cause they're pointless right now. & please add keys for the vehicles & dont unlock locked doors on server reset. Or add placeable/lockable safe, & a buildable bicycle for new spawns.

Basically turn persistence off

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Whiiiine.

So many teenagers...

They probably have their reasons, they stated its because of the duping-activity and that its a part of the new ways to combat it that we are waiting for.

Give them a bloody chance before the whining start, and THEN break out the whips when there actually is a reason for it instead of just yelling for no reason (which is the equivalent of what is going on in here most of the time).

"Give them a bloody chance"?

I'm sorry, Duping has been going on since preview in Xbox and for 5-6 years on PC. This should have been fixed by now.

Since an early update on Xbox (maybe 3 months after release) towns and larger cities have been no go zones due to frame drops/sound delay/lag.

Meatballing has been a thing on Xbox since day of release, firefights are joke with the amount of lag that comes with them (especially on the coast).

A recent hotfix got out that wasn't meant to get out. Firstly, how the hell does this even happen and secondly said hotfix then broke scopes and also created an issue with not being able to pick up items dropped by friends. Do BI have a QA testing team?!

We heard about recent removal of servers on Xbox from the players first both on here and FB. It seems they only announced the removal of the servers and the reasoning for it because players raised it first, were they actually going to announce and why or just take them way? Interaction with the community is terrible, at least give them something..... anything even if it's months down the line, let them know what you are working on. (I thought wildcard were bad in this respect but jeez)

With every update new items are added instead of fixing existing issues, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would prefer to go back to early Xbox days when persistence wasn't a thing, there wasn't as many weapons/clothing/QoL items in the game but at least it ran relatively smooth in comparison to the framey/laggy mess it is now.

The only reason I've stuck around is because I love the game and I want it to be a success.

It is way past "Give them a bloody chance" now. They need to sort their sh*t out before the game dies.  I'm hoping recent changes within the Dev team go some way to improving the game but time will tell.

1.0 lul.

• Like 2

Love this game but stopped playing because of duper’s. Can’t wait to start playing again after the update drops. Keep up the good work Dayz team

On 7/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, ImpulZ said:

Just a warning at this point, as you already went for denunciation and now uninformed claims. We understand frustration about persistent issues in the game, but please stick to our guidelines for the forums.

To clear that up a bit: The test with the 150 player server was, as described in the accompanying tweet, a test for hardware performance. And just because a server is able to run 150 players does not mean we will increase every single server to 150 players, as there's obviously way more to consider on that. The test was just to see the performance of specific server hardware (our second hardware performance test was using only 60 slot servers btw).

Our team is working on the known issues of duping, meatballing, frame drops, and ghosting, while porting the new content and features from PC to consoles. Those are our priorities.

The grown ups here know full well that you guys are working hard to fix the issues. Thanks for a great game, warts and all! Keep your chin up! 

Edited by EvilWaterman
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, ImpulZ said:

Wouldn't locked servers fix duping and ghosting, 2 of the biggest issues effecting gameplay at the moment. Just a small amount of locked servers for people to start fresh on, let the dupers keep their wild west for now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary176_irl said:

Wouldn't locked servers fix duping and ghosting, 2 of the biggest issues effecting gameplay at the moment. Just a small amount of locked servers for people to start fresh on, let the dupers keep their wild west for now.

It would stop ghosting but from what I gather it wouldn't stop duping. A different solution would be needed. 

Removing servers wont remove duppers!! Character locked servers will,plus it will stop ghosting in by server hopping.Thats 2 majour problems sorted in one .You can have that info for free as who ever thought getting rid of servers to fix dupping got there skills from a 99pence lucky bag at tesco's

1 hour ago, I Celt said:

Removing servers wont remove duppers!! Character locked servers will,plus it will stop ghosting in by server hopping.Thats 2 majour problems sorted in one .You can have that info for free as who ever thought getting rid of servers to fix dupping got there skills from a 99pence lucky bag at tesco's

Locking servers does not stop duping unfortunately. 

• Beans 1

I'm not following the logic of locked servers NOT stopping duping. Locked servers means one character per server right? If that's the case, it would stop duping. Otherwise, how would it not?

34 minutes ago, Jason DePriest said:

I'm not following the logic of locked servers NOT stopping duping. Locked servers means one character per server right? If that's the case, it would stop duping. Otherwise, how would it not?

You now don't need to switch servers to dupe providing you leave and re enter the same one quickly enough.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:39 AM, ImpulZ said:

So how does taking more servers away help with the duping problems?

Do not give us the next update unless you have 100% fixed duping. I paid my money now I want to be able to play my game without coming across one of these meatballing baby bitch duper’s.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, Jonas Levin said:

Whiiiine.

So many teenagers...

Duping has been around for months with no hotfix, patch or wipe... Nothing from the dev's. 

Ofcourse we are frustrated. We recommended the game we love to friends who left because of a $50 broken game. 

Yes, I was  exaggerating, but not by much at times even though “normal” is tolerable. 

I feel like someone needs to make the issue that DayZ’s servers are having obvious enough that they fix it or, at the very least, admit they can’t and give it to someone who could. 

There are more tents in DayZ (Xbox) than houses and zombies combined, and I don’t think I’m exaggerating here, sadly. 

The more you they leave us for months at a time for updates the more out of hand it gets. 

If they can’t FIX it completely, they could at least update frequently enough to compensate so it could lessen the frequency it occurs. 

Seems a simple fix: make log out 30 seconds while leaving the server memory at 20 seconds so there’s no possible way TO dupe, AND prevent people from hopping to avoid death. 

I LOVE DayZ, don’t get me wrong about that but, just because the effort is put in doesn’t, apparently, make the execution okay. We’re in 1.(whatever), in full release, with a game that runs like it’s in beta at best. 

Fix what’s currently (some since launch in beta) wrong BEFORE adding content to entice new players or those who’ve left out of boredom and frustration... ya know, THE ONES WHO SUPPORTED IT FROM INCEPTION. Lol

• Like 1

Pc just got more fixed for 1.04 issues.

We aren't getting 1.04 until all the issues are ironed out on pc which, taking into account porting and Microsoft approval,  means our update is ages away....😞

4 hours ago, Thomas Evan Auger said:

I just hope I don't build a base on one of these spawn points because they'll be loading right into your base

Are you planning to build a base at the coast? 

4 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Pc just got more fixed for 1.04 issues.

We aren't getting 1.04 until all the issues are ironed out on pc which, taking into account porting and Microsoft approval,  means our update is ages away....😞

Not necessarily true. We’ll likely get some hot fixes to be on par with pc after we have 1.04.

The main thing is seeing where we are once 1.04 drops on console, if duping is fixed for good it’ll be game changing. I’m sure many wouldn’t care about minor issues with the build if that’s the case.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jonas Levin said:

Whiiiine.

So many teenagers...

😂😂😂 give them a chance, they have had since day one of game preview release to fix the duping and only now have we actually seen any really work done to combat it. I think it’s completely fair that people want to bitch and moan as much as they want especially with how dayz has been managed by BI. Let’s face it they are useless at giving any kind of information except for the bare minimal. 

@ImpulZ 

so are you going to answer any of these questions that people have been asking in your forum or are you going to keep on ignoring everybody???? 

• Like 1