Sign in to follow this  
GolemNo9

Hearing rumors about xbox update

Supposedly we might not see 1.03 update until 1.04 comes out. I'm really hoping this isnt true. But on the flip side I'm wondering if they are taking extra time to implement some fixes like we want and we will get a massive update like 1.03 and 1.04 at the same time. 

• Thanks 1

If that's the case, then the next update will be a HUGE (and i really mean it) one, if they plan to merge the 1.03 and 1.04 as a single update, then it might be worth the wait.

By the way, now with the PS4 version released, they plan to update all three version at the same time right ?

14 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

If that's the case, then the next update will be a HUGE (and i really mean it) one, if they plan to merge the 1.03 and 1.04 as a single update, then it might be worth the wait.

By the way, now with the PS4 version released, they plan to update all three version at the same time right ?

Didn't they also mention that one way to possibly stop ghosting is for people to spawn in any location on the map?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Didn't they also mention that one way to possibly stop ghosting is for people to spawn in any location on the map?

That would be literally the worse way to combat ghosting.

Can you imagine logging off with a buddy who's carrying a barrel and him logging in across the map?

It'll be fuck this barrel fuck this game I'm out. Lmao rip

Edited by Esmy
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Esmy said:

Can you imagine logging off with a buddy who's carrying a barrel and him logging in across the map?

Even worse would be to spawn in on a roof or in a room that has no exit. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with waiting.  If they go and stick NVGs in the game before a (hopeful) fix to the duping, then forget playing at night.

• Thanks 1

I'd prefer 103 to arrive with 104 for both but I think Microsoft xbox quality controls means it takes longer to get updates approved.

If that's the case I don't mind the lag. When I see the pc get an update I at least know what's coming my way in a few weeks

15 hours ago, Esmy said:

Yeah there must be a better solution surely 😦

Just a heads up.

It was indeed confirmed by the developers on twitter that 1.03 and 1.04 will be combined together into a single major update for Xbox One (and also PS4), no date yet however.

• Thanks 2

the game better be well optimized by then. if I had the time to play the game I'd probably loose interest before that so thank god for that.

edit: what happened with the game lately? played first time in 3 weeks and shotguns doesn't work, can't reload them, jamming, can't see guns on dead players but others can? massive lag and stuttering. has the duping really messed up the servers? just wow, haven't experienced anything like this in months

Edited by nikoor
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nikoor said:

the game better be well optimized by then. if I had the time to play the game I'd probably loose interest before that so thank god for that.

edit: what happened with the game lately? played first time in 3 weeks and shotguns doesn't work, can't reload them, jamming, can't see guns on dead players but others can? massive lag and stuttering. has the duping really messed up the servers? just wow, haven't experienced anything like this in months

Not found any problems with shot guns although I have come across some lag still.

Duping ain’t helping but I don’t worry about it now as it seems it’s here for a while anyways.

9 hours ago, nikoor said:

what happened with the game lately? played first time in 3 weeks and shotguns doesn't work, can't reload them, jamming, can't see guns on dead players but others can? massive lag and stuttering. has the duping really messed up the servers? just wow, haven't experienced anything like this in months

I haven't had any issues with the shotguns at all yesterday when I played, although there has been some big lag spikes on my home server, tried another server and same thing there, sometimes the lag spikes last about five to ten seconds, thought it was a base/player spawning into the area so went looking but most f the time didn't find anything, guess this is just server issues.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

I haven't had any issues with the shotguns at all yesterday when I played, although there has been some big lag spikes on my home server, tried another server and same thing there, sometimes the lag spikes last about five to ten seconds, thought it was a base/player spawning into the area so went looking but most f the time didn't find anything, guess this is just server issues.

it was weird it happened twice last night. I've had a similar issue before too but twice in a row within an hour seems strange. first of all the gun wont reload more than couple of shells and after firing the same thing happens even with more than enough ammo. can only reload one by one. then after a shot the gun won't pump a shell and I end up "clicking". all this took place between solnichniy factory and orlovets factory which was filled with dupers and their bases so...

yes the lag was as you described. I've never experienced it so severe tho, got an X with SSD

Edited by nikoor

17 minutes ago, nikoor said:

it was weird it happened twice last night. I've had a similar issue before too but twice in a row within an hour seems strange. first of all the gun wont reload more than couple of shells and after firing the same thing happens even with more than enough ammo. can only reload one by one. then after a shot the gun won't pump a shell and I end up "clicking". all this took place between solnichniy factory and orlovets factory which was filled with dupers and their bases so...

yes the lag was as you described. I've never experienced it so severe tho, got an X with SSD

Yeah my character had lag issue inland, no where near any mil camps or towns, was actually at the Towers not far from Gorka running north, server was medium at that point.

At the Solnichniy factory there is always random gunfire going off there, might consider running through the woods around that area for some base hunting on some servers.😀

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, MarczXD320 said:

Just a heads up.

It was indeed confirmed by the developers on twitter that 1.03 and 1.04 will be combined together into a single major update for Xbox One (and also PS4), no date yet however.

ooh shit..I have well over 1000hrs in game and there is not even one reason to play this game anymore before the update comes that actually fixes something, since there is not so many players anymore(except dupers and meatballers) and automatic guns have been missing before 1.0 even launched, with server hopping and duping is still more than acceptable to BI. 

In my opinion it is not ok for us to wait many months for updates and fixes for game breaking bugs since it has already been "1.0" for months now, IF it would be still in game preview i could kinda understand the 6 months waiting to fix something.

Btw this is the best game i have ever played but unfortunately the development is ruining the experience from every legit player with their actions not to stop duping, i mean it seems like they don't even give a f*ck about it.

Sorry my bad english and ranting, but i love this game with passion 😄

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, OilRig said:

ooh shit..I have well over 1000hrs in game and there is not even one reason to play this game anymore before the update comes that actually fixes something, since there is not so many players anymore(except dupers and meatballers) and automatic guns have been missing before 1.0 even launched, with server hopping and duping is still more than acceptable to BI. 

In my opinion it is not ok for us to wait many months for updates and fixes for game breaking bugs since it has already been "1.0" for months now, IF it would be still in game preview i could kinda understand the 6 months waiting to fix something.

Btw this is the best game i have ever played but unfortunately the development is ruining the experience from every legit player with their actions not to stop duping, i mean it seems like they don't even give a f*ck about it.

Sorry my bad english and ranting, but i love this game with passion 😄

I play legit and for me the game is not ruined.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tino81 said:

not ruined but it does actually describe the state of the game quite accurate if you think about it.

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nikoor said:

not ruined but it does actually describe the state of the game quite accurate if you think about it.

It's in a state but the way some people describe it they make it out that you cannot play it all.

2 hours ago, Tino81 said:

It's in a state but the way some people describe it they make it out that you cannot play it all.

people are different tho, for some low frames will kill it, for some just another bug, for some all that and some doesn't matter. after last night experience I'd say for me it felt it was barely playable if not at all.

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, Tino81 said:

I feel u saying it is not ruined, but that is not exactly what i meant.

What i mean is, the real DayZ experience in not here and it is 100% dupers, meatballers and hoppers fault, as there's no point to go places like tisy or nwaf to find better guns, ammo and gear when i already know they do NOT SPAWN AT ALL, not even in helicrashes, so the hunt is gone and it shows in gameplay when inland is DEAD... i have been in NWAF-WMC area since 1.01 and all action I've had is hearing some distant gunshots:D

And i didn't even want start complaining about base building, cars, lag, rendering, inventory related problems, button layout, audio problems, zombies etc.. bc i don't personally see those as high priority as working CLE and eliminating cheating by using game exploits.  

What we would need before the next update is FULL SERVER WIPE to balance things even for a day or two and it is time to send dupers a message "it is not okay to cheat" in form of huge BAN wave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, OilRig said:

I feel u saying it is not ruined, but that is not exactly what i meant.

What i mean is, the real DayZ experience in not here and it is 100% dupers, meatballers and hoppers fault, as there's no point to go places like tisy or nwaf to find better guns, ammo and gear when i already know they do NOT SPAWN AT ALL, not even in helicrashes, so the hunt is gone and it shows in gameplay when inland is DEAD... i have been in NWAF-WMC area since 1.01 and all action I've had is hearing some distant gunshots:D

And i didn't even want start complaining about base building, cars, lag, rendering, inventory related problems, button layout, audio problems, zombies etc.. bc i don't personally see those as high priority as working CLE and eliminating cheating by using game exploits.  

What we would need before the next update is FULL SERVER WIPE to balance things even for a day or two and it is time to send dupers a message "it is not okay to cheat" in form of huge BAN wave.

Exactly. Hate cheaters. When game is balanced they should defo go server wipe and let everyone starting from scratch again. This is the best way, so everyone have a fair chance to find decent gear etc., but I hope they fix the server lag first, cause that's terrible in cities and more the 4 zombies/players spawning close to you. 

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, GolemNo9 said:

Supposedly we might not see 1.03 update until 1.04 comes out. I'm really hoping this isnt true. But on the flip side I'm wondering if they are taking extra time to implement some fixes like we want and we will get a massive update like 1.03 and 1.04 at the same time. 

I don’t mind if they do this... from the sound of it — PC players aren’t happy with 1.03 because it failed to address known bugs and introduced new ones.

I’d rather have BI take their time and get it right to troubleshoot console issues and bring a larger double patch with much needed fixes like: Texture and Draw Distance loading problems (bug problem for gun optics like Atog & PS0-1 scopes) Combination Locks being fixed, Server Hopping into bases, audio cutting out, and lag especially when driving cars or near bases/stashes.

• Beans 1

Sign in to follow this